‹ Prequel: Summertime

Laceration Gravity

Chapter 32

-Jades POV-

Raleigh, Max, Mykal, Harlow, Zacky and I sat in the hotel room looking at the pictures from Rose and Brendon’s wedding. There were quite a few photo bombs. Especially from Brian and Max. There was one picture I found to be hilarious in particular. It was a picture of Brian, Raleigh, Rose and Brendon, but at the exact moment the picture was taken, Brian pinched Raleigh’s ass and she had a screwed up face.

"Oh my god that is priceless! Harlow look at this!" Mykal laughed handing the picture to Harlow who wasn't paying attention to anything but her cell.

"Helloooo? Earth to Harlow!" she said waving the photo in her face.

"What?" she asked looking up from the screen.

"Who are you texting?" Raleigh asked.

"No one." she said and put the phone away.

"Uh-huh right....GET IT!" Raleigh yelled and we all jumped on Harlow.

I grabbed the phone and looked at the messages and my jaw dropped.

"JIMMY?!? YOU'RE TEXTING THE REV?!? ARE YOU TWO BACK TOGETHER?!?" I asked.

Harlow blushed bright red.

"You are! Oh my god! How long? Why didn't you tell us?!?" Mykal asked.

"I was going to!" she said.

"Whatever. At least you're back together." I said handing her her phone back.

"However he hurts you I'll kill him." Raleigh replied.

"Ditto." Mykal and I echoed.

We were starting to take out our guitars and bass just to practice a little bit when Raleigh realized all of her picks were gone. “I bet Gates fuckin’ took them again! He always loses his and takes all of mine. Imma find that fucker.”

She picked up her phone and called him. “Hello?” he said, barely audible.

“Where the fuck are you? I can barely hear you!” she practically screamed into the phone.

“I’m in Vegas. Where the hell do you think I am? Listen.” He said as he pulled the handle on the slot machine.

“Ugh. I’m going to shove a baby chicken up your ass when you get back.” And with that she hung up.

“Now what?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Well I have no pick, and I’m not making one out of paper. So I guess we have to wait, or we could find a place for me to buy more. And a fuckin safe so that fedora-wearing fucker can’t get them!” Harlow and I tried to stifle a laugh.

“Does anyone want a tuna sandwich?” I asked. Everyone raised their hands.

“I’ll help. Not that you need it.” Mykal said.

We walked into the kitchen section of the room and started to pull out a bowl, fork, some bread crumbs we bought, celery, and mayo.

Mykal threw some bread into the toaster and nudged me. “This is weird, usually I’m the one cooking, haha.”

I laughed, “Yeah I know. Since when have the roles changed?”

“Probably since you popped out two giant chickens.” Raleigh yelled from across the room.

We all laughed.

Mykal and I finished getting the sandwiches together and brought them over to the bed. Zacky and Max were laying down and I put the plate in the middle and looked down at Zacky, who was taking up the most room. He smirked at me, and I just stared. He knew what I wanted. Just wanted to be difficult.

“You have a death wish Vengeance.” I said trying not to smirk.

He finally moved, and made more room for Raleigh and I to sit down. Harlow sat at the foot of the bed as Mykal sat in between Max and Zacky. And thus, we started to feast.
About halfway through our sandwiches, Rose walked in. We all give her a hello of sorts. She gave us a hello back, and looked around and saw our guitars and bass out.

“Practicing?” she asked.

“Well we were going to but-“ I said.

“But Fedora fucker took all my picks.” Raleigh yelled.

“Well, I have an idea. How about, we take a break from everything?”

We all looked at her. “Well yeah, sure. We can after we finish recording.” Raleigh said.

We all nodded with her.

“No, I mean. Now. Let’s just put the recording off for a bit. It’s not like we will forget our songs if we take some time to ourselves.” She said leaning against a post.

“What? No we can’t do that. We have to get this shit done now. We can’t just put it off.” Raleigh argued.

“Why do you want to stop now Rose?” I asked pulling the crust of my sandwich apart.

She sighed, “I think we just need some time to ourselves. We’re together all the fuckin time. I think we just need some breathing room. Just a few months... a year at most.”

Raleigh grunted and we all turned to her. Her face was turning red, she was about to blow.
“You know what Rose?! You just want time to spend with Brendon. You two just got married, you have all the fuckin time in the world to spend with him. When we finish this album, we can have a break. Trust me, I would love to just have a week or two to myself with Brian. I’m sure Jade and Zacky would love to just have sometime with the twins and not have to be worried about an album. Mykal and Max just got back together. I’m sure they would LOVE to spend time with their disgustingly mushy selves. No offense.” She said looking and Mykal and Max.

Mykal put her arms up to gesture that she wasn’t offended and Max gave her a thumbs up.

“Raleigh. There is not fuckin reason for you to give me a god damn attitude about this. I think it’s an amazing fuckin idea for everyone. And-"

“IT IS A GOOD IDEA. BUT ITS NOT A GOOD TIME FOR IT. PULL YOUR FUCKIN HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND JUST FUCKIN WAIT. WE ALL WANT A BREAK, BUT WE’RE PUTTING THE BAND FIRST. NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU ROSE. CUT THE SHIT.”

We all stared at the two. Max grabbed Mykal’s hand and Zacky grabbed my belt. I noticed that Mykal and I were starting to get up, a second instinct when it came to the both of them angry.

“Just let them do this.” Max whispered to Mykal and I.

“YOU KNOW WHAT RALEIGH? I’M TAKING A FUCKIN BREAK. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! I NEED this. I just need a few months away from everything."

Raleigh looked at her and pointed a finger at her that I would have been scared shitless of.
“We will finish this album. With, or without you.”

“Good, do it without me.” She said, obviously not backing down.

We all looked at her in surprise. “You can’t be fuckin serious.” Raleigh said barely audible.

“Like a fuckin heart attack.” She said crossing her arms.

The way she look at Raleigh, I knew it was time. And Zacky and Max needed to let go now. As soon as Raleigh got a good look at Rose’s expression, she tackled her to the ground/
Mykal and I jumped up as Harlow sat there taking it all in.

“Max grab Harlow!” Mykal yelled to her boyfriend.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU CRAZY BITCH?! YOUR JUST GUNNA LEAVE US?! YOU CANT DO THAT!”

“I’M THE CRAZY ONE?!” she screamed as Raleigh was shaking her violently. “GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!”

Mykal and I got a hold of Raleigh and pulled her off and we all tumbled to the ground. We both got on top of her, Where is Brian when you need him, fuckin gambler. I thought to myself.

Rose was making her way over to Raleigh and I knew she was going to take advantage, but I looked at her before she could.

“Make your fuckin decision Rose. If your in, grab a fuckin sandwich and calm the fuck down. If not, get out.”

She just stared at me for a moment. She looked at all the faces in the room that were looking at her waiting for her next move, and then she walked out.

"Oh my god...d-did that just happen? Rose is gone?" Mykal asked looking at us.

"It did and all I can say is good riddance. She doesn't want to do this we won't make her." Raleigh replied sitting down.

"Raleigh's right. If her heart isn't in it than she needs to do what she wants. We shouldn't hold her back." Harlow replied.

"Agreed I guess." Mykal replied sinking to the bed beside Max.

"So that's it? We find a new drummer?" I asked.

"I guess we're going to have to. But we'll do it....we'll be alright." Mykal said.

I nodded knowing that somehow she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of this story! However this is a trilogy and will have a 3rd and final part which you can find here!!!!
Chapters will be posted tomorrow!!!