Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Balance

Leah responded by pressing her lips to Daryl's. He sat his crossbow down next to him so he could put his hands on her hips and pull her into his lap. Leah moved without breaking the kiss so that she was straddling his lap and his hands started to roam over her body. He could feel through her shirt that she wasn't wearing a bra. He started to slide one hand under her shirt when she pulled away. "Did I do something wrong?" he asked.

Leah shook her head, "No. I just don't want to do this here. Besides, aren't you supposed to be watching for walkers?"

"We haven't seen any all day, there probably aren't any around for miles. And what's wrong with right here?"

"I don't want to lay on the ground."

"You don't have to, you can be on top."

She tried to hide her blush, hoping that by having her back to the fire, he wouldn't notice it. "What if someone comes outside and sees us?"

Daryl shrugged, "Let them. I've got nothin' to hide."

She rolled her eyes and got up, moving to sit next to him like she had been before. Leah laid her head on Daryl's shoulder and stared into the fire. "It's funny," she said after a few minutes, "that it took a zombie apocalypse for me to realize just how handsome you are."

"I always found you to be beautiful, I just didn't think you were my type."

"What does that mean?" she asked, lifting her head up to look at him.

"Well, for one, you're educated; you are a teacher after all."

"A drama teacher."

"That's another thing, your into theater and art, and all that other cultural stuff."

"And you're a hunter, and you know how to survive. After all, you've saved my life three times. So we balance each other out."

"Three times?"

Leah nodded, "If you hadn't of come into my house and woken me up, I probably would have laid there asleep on my couch until walkers attacked me. Then the second time was when we were ambushed the other night. And then at the CDC, I doubt I could have ran fast enough if you hadn't of pulled me along."

"Well, I guess it has been three times then."

Leah nodded again and laid her head back down on his shoulder.

They lost track of how long they sat there quietly, just enjoying each other's company. "Where are you going?" Daryl asked when she stood up and started walking away.

"For a swim, care to join me?"

"A swim? What about walkers? I'm supposed to be on guard duty, remember?"

She turned around to face him, "I thought you said there weren't any around for miles."

"I said probably."

"Well, it's your loss then." She turned around and headed for the dock. Daryl watched as she pulled her shirt off, then slid her shorts down, revealing pink lace panties. She stepped out of the shorts and dove into the river. He ran after her, stripping down to his boxers and trying not to fall over as he did.