Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Outburst

When Leah woke up the next morning her back was sore from being pressed up against the wooden beam the night before. Her lower half ached as well, but she sat up anyways. Stretching her arms above her head, she yawned. "Sleep well?" Andrea asked.

Leah nodded, "I slept great actually. You?"

"Good." There was a pause and Leah stood up to find something to change into. "What did you do last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"I woke up in the middle of the night and you were gone. Plus your hair is damp."

"Oh, I couldn't sleep at first, so I went for a swim."

"Oh."

Leah put on a pair of denim shorts and a green long-sleeved shirt. It was thin, so she didn't think it would be to hot. She needed to wash the few articles of clothing Daryl had thrown into her bag. She decided to do that after she ate something. She slipped her moccasins on and walked outside, she seen Daryl and they smiled at each other. When she got close enough he whispered, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about what we did last night?"

She giggled.

"Shall we meet tonight for round two?"

"You'll just have to wait and see, won't ya?" She smiled and walked over to the small fire were food was being cooked. Daryl couldn't help but watch her. He had known Leah Collins for over five years, and he had never once expected to have sex with her, none the less, be able to kiss her. And yet, he had done both of those things. He let out a ragged breath as he watched her hips sway.

Once breakfast was finished being prepared everyone sat at the picnic tables and ate. "That cabin isn't bad," Dale said, "But I think I'd prefer sleeping in my camper. Plus I'm sure Glenn and Daryl don't want to share a cabin with an old man like me."

Daryl leaned over and whispered in Leah's ear, "Now when Glenn is on guard duty, we'll have privacy indoors."

Leah's cheeks started to turn pink but before she could whisper a reply, Shane noticed the scratches on Daryl's neck.

"What happened to your neck?"

"What do you mean?"

"There's scratches on the back of your neck."

Leah's eyes widened, she had left scars. Lori and Andrea both noticed her tenseness.

"I'm fine," Daryl said.

"Are you really? Because if you're infected, you need to tell us."

"I'm not infected. How would I have gotten infected?"

"Maybe a walker attacked you, and you killed it and hid the body so we wouldn't know."

"That didn't happen. I haven't seen a walker since we left the CDC."

"How do we know that's true?" T.Dog asked. "How do we know your not infected and you're just angry about what happened to Merle, so you're going to put us all in danger out of revenge."

"You shut yer fuckin' mouth! This has nothin' to do with Merle, and I'm not infected!"

"IT'S MY FAULT!" Leah screamed. "I scratched him last night. It was an accident, I didn't even realize I had done it." Her face was red with embarrassment, not from what she and Daryl had done, but from everyone finding out.

"Why did you scratch the back of his neck?" Rick asked, not quite getting it like his wife and Andrea had. Lori leaned over and whispered something in his ear. "Ohhhh," was his only reply.

Leah stood up and left the table. She ran to her cabin and walked inside, slamming the door shut behind her.