Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Prisoner

It took hours before Leah fell back to sleep, and when she did, her dream was more of a memory than a dream.

She walked into the restaurant where her ex-boyfriend worked, and where she used to work. When she seen him she groaned, Marissa had said Jules wasn't working, turned out she was wrong. "Leah," the owner, Sal, said when he seen her, "Stopped by to see me before you leave?"

"Of course," she said, smiling. She hugged the older man. "And, you know I have to get some gator tail before I leave at the end of the week."

"I'll get Jules right on that."

"Thanks Sal." Leah smiled again and sat down at the bar. When Jules brought her the plate he leaned over the counter, "Ugh! What do you want?"

"I want to know why you won't give me another chance."

"'Cause you're a liar and a cheater."

"I didn't cheat on purpose."

"So it's an accident that I seen you kissin' some bimbo?"

"She threw herself at me."

"And you could of pushed her away. Now leave me alone. I'd like to enjoy my dinner in peace."

"Just give me another chance."

"No! I'm leavin' at the end of the week anyways, remember?"

"Yeah, I don't see why you have to go though."

"Marissa doesn't know anybody out in Georgia, besides, she needs somebody she can trust when she comes home drunk from college parties, and someone to look after her so she doesn't get any trouble."

"Why does it have to be you?"

"Because my stubborn step-father refuses to move. And why is it any of your business, just leave me alone."

Leah was woken up at that point. Daryl was nudging her, "Leah, wake up. C'mon, we have stuff we need to do today."

She wrapped her arm tighter around him and buried her face in his chest. "I don't want to get up. You're comfortable."

"Get up!" He started to move and Leah pinned him down with her leg. She moved against him in an attempt to make him sit still so she could fall back to sleep. "You rub against me like that again, and neither of us are going to be doing what we need to."

She opened one eye and peeked up at him, "And just what might we be doing instead?"

"It's not obvious?" he asked, slipping his hand underneath her shirt.

"What is it we have to do?"

"I'm going to teach you how to hunt."

She moved closer to him, "I'd rather stay in bed."

"You need to know how to take care of yourself in case something were to happen to me."

Leah sat up, "What might happen to you?"

"I don't know," he shook his head. "We could get ambushed again, and I might get infected. Or something could happen and I could end up abandoned like Merle."

Leah pushed him down and straddled him, pinning him down she said, "No!" and shook her head. "Neither of those things are going to happen cause I'm going to keep you in here forever."

He lifted his hips up, causing her to fall forward. She caught herself by placing her hands on his shoulders. Her face was just inches from his, "As much as I'd love to be your prisoner, we can't take any chances. So get dressed, and let me teach you how to hunt."

"You'll be my prisoner afterwards?"

"Anything you want."

She smiled and kissed him before getting up and walking back to her cabin to change.