Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Stupid Boy

"Why haven't you pulled the trigger yet?" Daryl whispered, not wanting to scare away the deer.

"I've never killed anything before," Leah whispered back.

He sighed and rolled his eyes before reaching over and wrapping his hand around hers. Together they squeezed the trigger and the arrow whirled through the trees and landed in the deer's neck.

"I did it!" Leah squealed.

"You did it because I made you pull the trigger. Now help me carry this back to camp."

They walked over to where the deer laid, still not completely dead yet, and Daryl took the crossbow from Leah to kill it. Then they picked it up together and started carrying it.

"It's heavy!" she complained.

"That's because you're weak."

"Since I'm so weak," she dropped the legs, "You can carry it by yourself!"

She walked past Daryl and back to camp. When she emerged from the trees Glenn asked, "Where's Daryl?"

"Carrying dinner. He called me weak, so he can carry the dear by himself."

"I'll go help him," Rick said, getting up from where he sat next to Carl.

Leah sat down next to Andrea and she whispered, "How did you sleep after you went to Daryl's cabin?"

"Good; once I actually fell asleep."

"So he kept you up all night?"

"No." Leah shook her head, "He went to sleep immediately, I couldn't sleep because images of my nightmare were haunting me." There was a pause while Leah thought. "I told him I love him. He doesn't know I said it though, because he was asleep."

"Are you sure he was asleep?"

"His eyes were closed, and he didn't say anything."

"Hopefully he loves you back. It wouldn't be fair otherwise."

"Yeah." Leah watched as Rick and Daryl carried the deer over to one of the other picnic tables so they could get it ready to cook.

After awhile of sitting there in silence Andrea said, "While you were hunting, Dale and I were talking about it, and I'm going to sleep in the camper. That way you and Daryl can share a cabin."

Leah shook her head, "You don't have to do that."

"I want to. It's obvious that he cares about you, and maybe if he's in there with you, you won't have anymore nightmares."

Leah smiled, "Thank you."

"What are friends for?"

After dinner, Daryl moved his things to Leah's cabin. Daryl didn't have guard duty, so Leah would have him all to herself. He sat on the bed, his legs stretched out in front of him and his hands behind his head while she got her pajamas out of her bag. "Why do you keep watching me?" Leah asked.

"Because you're nice to look at."

Leah rolled her eyes and pulled her shorts off to replace them with her yellow ones. Then she turned her back to Daryl and pulled her tank top off.

"Do you ever wear a bra?" Daryl asked, noticing her lack of one.

She pulled her white T-shirt on and turned to face him, "If I had one, I'd wear it. But I was never in the habit of wearing one to bed, and when you packed my clothes, you neglected to pack any undergarments."

"So it's my fault?"

"Yes." Leah sat down on the bed and Daryl pulled her into his lap.

"You could have told me to grab one."

"You were rushing me. I was trying to make sure I had all of my personal effects. I assumed that since you were smart enough to grab something for me to sleep in, you would have thought to grab a bra."

"I assumed you were wearing one."

Leah rolled her eyes, "Stupid boy!" She chuckled and leaned forward to kiss him.