Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Cheater

After Cole had been fed and cleaned up he was given the bed Daryl had slept in in Glen's cabin. Daryl and Leah went back to their cabin and laid down. Leah curled up next to him and wrapped her arm around his waist. Daryl put his arms around her and held her close. "Do you still feel broken?" he asked.

She chuckled, "No, but I do feel very sore. You're not very gentle."

"You don't have a lot of room to talk. After all, you did make me bleed."

Leah sat up and tugged Daryl's shirt off.

"Ready for round two already?"

Leah scowled, "No, I wanted to see your shoulder. Make sure I didn't hurt you too bad."

"I'm fine. Lay back down."

She kissed his shoulder then laid her head on his chest. I love you Daryl, she thought. She wanted to tell him so bad, but she was afraid of how he would react. It's one thing to say it when he's asleep, but if I say it, and he doesn't feel the same, it'll just crush me. I don't think I can handle it if I were to say it and not hear him say it back.

Leah pushed the thoughts out of her mind and closed her eyes. She was exhausted and all she wanted at that moment was sleep.

When morning came everyone wanted a break from all the craziness they had endured. Since the deer that had been killed the day before left them with enough food for a couple of days as long as it was kept in the mini fridge in Dale's RV, they didn't have to worry about food. It was decided that they'd just spend the day relaxing and enjoying the cool water in the river.

Leah and Daryl teamed up with each other against Rick and Lori in a game of chicken. While the two women attempted to throw each other into the water Daryl swept Rick's leg out from under him, causing Rick and Lori to both go down. Lori screamed and grabbed Leah's arm, pulling her into the water with her. When the three resurfaced Daryl was laughing. "Cheater!" Rick shouted at him.

"You can't prove I cheated."

"It was pointless to cheat!" Leah shouted at him, "I still got pulled under!"

He laughed at her and she splashed water in his face, starting a splash war between the two of them.

"Stop! You have an unfair advantage. You can touch the bottom, I can't."

"That's 'cause yer a midget!"

"I am not!" she splashed him again. "I'm a perfectly normal height."

"Really? 'Cause I thought you were the average height for an oompa loompa!"

"You're mean! I'm not playing with you anymore."

Daryl walked to her and pulled her into his arms, "I'm sorry, I was only teasing you."

Leah stuck her tongue out at him.

"You act like a child."

"So."

Daryl chuckled and leaned down to kiss her. Leah smiled and happily returned the kiss, slightly shocked that he would be so affectionate towards her with everyone around.