Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Talk

Glenn and Cole were sitting by the fire, Daryl was walking along the edge of the camp for the fourth time. His excuse was that he wanted to check the perimeter and keep any walkers from sneaking up on them. In reality, he didn't want to be near Cole. He noticed Glenn stand up and look towards the road. Glenn motioned for Daryl and he jogged over to the fire. "What is it?" he asked, voice low.

"There's someone walking down the road; I can't tell if they're a walker or not."

"Well, why don't we go find out?"

"You can, I'll stay here."

Daryl rolled his eyes, "Cole, why don't you come with me?"

"Um...sure."

Cole stood up and they started walking towards the stranger. When they were far enough away from Glenn for him to not hear Daryl said, "How stupid do you think I am?"

"Is that a trick question?"

"I've seen how you look at Leah, and I've noticed you shoot some of those looks towards Andrea as well. I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you need to cut it out."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't give me that shit! If I see you look at anyone like that, or if you come onto anyone, Leah, Andrea, even Lori and Carol, I'll take you into the woods in the middle of the night, and I'll kill you. Then I'll tell everyone a walker got you."

"You think they'll believe you?"

"They will if I tell them you ran and it chased you, and that I couldn't find you or the walker afterwards."

Cole didn't reply and Daryl turned his attention back to the person who was even closer than before. Cole shined the flashlight on them and they could see it was a walker. Daryl aimed his crossbow and shot it. They dragged it by the feet back to camp and burned it. When morning came they would have to tell everyone about the second walker. They'd probably pack up and try to find another safe place.

When the sun started to rise Daryl went back to his and Leah's cabin and seen her laying on the bed asleep. She had put her pajamas back on after he left. He crawled into bed next to her and nuzzled her neck until she woke up. A soft moan escaped her lips as she wrapped her arms around his waist. "You're dressed," he whispered in her ear.

"What are you going to do about it?"