Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Sleep

Leah had woken up sore from sleeping on the ground, and her head hurt from not having a pillow. She groaned as she sat up. There were only a few others awake, an older man with graying hair, Dale; and two blondes, Andrea and Amy, they were sisters, Andrea was older. "How'd you sleep?" Dale asked.

"As good as you can when you're lying on the ground." She gave him a weak smile, and put her hand on her head.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a headache, that's all."

"I think I have a bottle of Tylenol in the camper." He went inside and came back with a bottle. She held out her hand and he shook two of the pills out into her hand. She swallowed them dry.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing. We were about to whip up some breakfast for everyone, wanna help?"

"Sure."
Daryl was confused in his dream. All the vehicles and tents were there, but he seemed to be the only person there. He wandered through the woods, searching, but he couldn't find anything. Then he got to the quarry. Leah was laying there on a towel next to the water. Her hair was spread out around her head, just like it had done when he laid her down. She was only wearing a lacy, hot pink bra with matching panties. Her eyes were closed and her lips were turned up into a smile. He pushed through the bushes and walked over to her, "What are you doing?"

"Sun-bathing. What's it look like?"

"Why are you only wearing....that?"

"You didn't put my bikini in my bag, so what else am I supposed to wear?" Daryl reached up and scratched his head right behind his ear. He was confused. The Leah he knew wouldn't be laying there calmly. She'd be screaming at him for staring at her while she was half-naked. She opened one big, brown eye and stared at him. "Are you going to just stand there, or are you going to sit down?"

As if something else was controlling him, he sat. She smiled and closed her eye back.

"Aren't you worried?"

"About what?"

"The walkers. What if they come down here?"

She laughed. The sound was soft and musical. "There aren't any walkers silly."

"But-" he cut himself off, even more confused. This time she opened both eyes, and smiled at him. Her eyes were so unusual. One was light brown, and the other was a pale green. He was mesmerized by them. She sat up and faced him. Leah reached out for him, and put her hands on his shoulders, pulling him close to her, until her lips touched his. He traced her lips with his tongue, they tasted of coconut lip gloss. She opened her mouth, and his tongue plunged inside. As they kissed she moved so that she was straddling his lap. She grabbed his hands and put them around her waist. When she pulled away from the kiss she said his name, except it wasn't her voice. Her lips moved, but it was Merle who spoke, "Daryl, get yer ass up!"

He opened his eyes and found himself staring up at Merle. "What did you wake me up for?"

"It's almost noon."

"Oh."