Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Like Mickey and Mallory

The sun was starting to sink beneath the horizon, and Leah and Daryl sat on the beach alone. The water would come up and touch their toes, then recede, only to do it again. Leah took a deep breath and smiled. She turned to look at Daryl, he was watching the sun. He noticed her staring at him and turned to look at her. She leaned forward and kissed him. He pulled her into his lap, and she straddled his waist. She pushed him back against the sand and he placed his hands on her back. "Tell me you'll never leave me," she whispered in his ear.

"I'll never leave you."

"Tell me we'll be together forever."

"We'll be together forever."

"Tell me you'll always love me."

"I'll always love you."

She smiled and kissed him again. He tangled his fingers in her hair and enjoyed the touch of her fingers on his neck. He rolled over in the sand so that she was on her back and he hovered above her. "Leah....would you marry me?"

She grinned, "I would, but how are we going to find a preacher."

"We don't need a preacher." He sat up and she did the same. "Give me your hand."

She raised one eye brow, but placed her left hand in his. "Do you Leah, take me, in front of God, and the ocean, and everything in it, to be your husband no matter what?"

She smiled, "Of course." He pulled out his pocket knife and cut the palm of her hand. "Ow!" She watched as blood seeped out of the wound.

She looked at Daryl, upset by what he had done. "I, Daryl, take you, in front of God, the ocean, and everything in it, to be my wife, no matter what." Then he cut the palm of his left hand as well and pressed it to hers. Their fingers intertwined and Leah smiled at him.

"Just like 'Natural Born Killers.'" she commented. "That's my favorite movie."

He smiled, "We'll be just like Mickey and Mallory, except, instead of killin' the living, we'll be killing the undead."

Leah smiled and kissed him. "I love you Daryl Dixon."

"I love you...Leah Dixon."