Break Apart Her Heart

Part Eleven;;

**Khorie’s POV**

“Do you really think this is going to work? I mean, if it doesn’t, we’re so fucking dead,” she said, her eyes going slightly wide as she stared at Mikey.

It was a warm Saturday morning and they were standing outside of Frank’s house, talking quietly. Yesterday, he had revealed to her his plan on getting Frank and Dani to get along. At first, she had been extremely hesitant, but anything to get the two of them together would be worth it. Dani would get over herself eventually. She could never stay mad at Khorie for very long anyways. And she could care less how pissed off Frank was going to be about it. Her sister though, was a totally different subject.

He nodded, pushing his glasses up a few centimeters with one finger. “Yeah, I’m sure. We just need to get him over to your house. Easy peasy, right?”

Khorie cocked an eyebrow. “Whatever you say,” she muttered before pressing the doorbell. She could hear it reverberate inside the house, then the heavy footsteps of who she guessed was Frank. The door flew open, and she saw that she was right.

“What are you guys doing here?” he asked, furrowing his brow as he leaned against the door.

Khorie peered over at Mikey for a second, wondering if he was going to do all the talking. To be honest, he was a better liar. No one ever expected Mikey to be a bad kid. He just had that aura of goodness around him. But little did every one know that he was a scheming little bastard with fucked up ideas up his sleeve.

“We came to get you. Dani wants you over at the house to work on your project,” Mikey said, shoving his hands into his pockets with an easy smile.

Frank cocked an eyebrow. “Why didn’t she just call?”

“We don’t know. All we know is that she told us to come over here and tell you to get your stupid ass over there. Her words, not mine,” Mikey replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Frank sighed and ran a hand over his face. “Alright. Just a sec. Let me grab my shit.”

With that, he turned and shut the door behind him, leaving Mikey and Khorie on his front porch by themselves. A smile was tugging at the corners of her lips as she looked at Mikey, who had his pressed in a thin line, obviously trying to hold back the laughter. He shook his head at her, telling her not to say anything in case Frank was listening. She still couldn’t believe that they were doing this. If something interfered, they were so fucked. Khorie was a wee bit nervous, but she had every right to be. She was intruding in her sister’s love life. That was like asking for death.

The door opened once more and Frank stepped out, his backpack slung over his shoulder. He locked the door, then turned to them. They both sent him smiles and in return, he sent them skeptic looks. Not saying a word, the three of them turned and hopped off the porch to cross the lawn over into the Stuart’s yard. Khorie opened the front door and let the others in before peeling off her shoes.

“I’ll go get her,” Khorie said, giving Mikey a barely noticeable nod. He sent one in return before leading Frank into the kitchen.

She ran up the stairs, skipping every other one. She could hear music coming from her sister’s room, who had no idea that Frank was there, or what was going on. Khorie paused outside the bedroom door, jiggling her hands around trying to get the nerves to leave her. This was going to work. It had to. The two of them needed to be forced together to realize that what they were doing was stupid. There was no other way. At least, not that Khorie could see.

Finding her breath again, she pushed open the door and peeked her head in, a steady smile on her face. Dani looked up from where she was sitting at her desk, obviously writing. Her brow was knotted up and it seemed that she was having a mass amount of trouble trying to write. Khorie could feel the frustration radiating off of her small frame, hitting her hard in the chest. Her blue eyes were troubled as she looked at her twin sister, obviously waiting to hear what she had to say.

“Hey Dan. You look troubled. Are you okay?” Khorie said, stepping fully into the room.

“Yeah. I’m just having some trouble. I’ve hit a wall with this stupid story and it’s pissing me off,” Dani retorted, throwing her pen onto her desk before rubbing her hands over her face.

“Well then I think you should take a break. Come on. Mikey’s here. We could call Ray and watch a movie. I’ll even make my famous chocolate cake,” Khorie said, walking over to wrap her sister in a hug.

She felt Dani relax beneath her, wrapping her arms around Khorie’s waist. “You’re probably right. I need a break. Can I choose the movie?” she asked, looking up at her sister with a huge smile.

Khorie couldn’t help but laugh, nodding her head. “Sure. Just no romance movies. And you have to help me with the cake.”

“Deal,” she said, standing up and stretching her tight muscles.

The two of them walked down the stairs, chatting lightly. Khorie couldn’t believe how easy this was starting to become. Her sister was falling fast into their trap. She told herself not to become cocky, to not allow herself to lose her track of mind. If this was going to work, it had to be perfectly executed.

They entered the kitchen to see Mikey sitting at the table with a can of Coke and a bag of chips. He smiled at the two of them, waving a chip-filled hand in greeting, since his mouth was quite full at the moment.

“Hey to you too,” Dani said, grimacing at Mikey as he shoved more food into his mouth.

“Come on Mikes! Don’t eat too much. I’m going to make cake and I don’t want you throwing up from eating too much. Again,” Khorie pointed out, crossing her arms at her chest.

“Sawwy,” Mikey said, attempting to swallow everything in his mouth. He ended up choking and having to take huge gulps of his Coke, his face going bright red. Dani smacked him a few times in the back, trying to clear his airways.

While Mikey played out his well acted choking, her eyes drifted over to the pantry, which was shut. She had no idea how Mikey managed to keep Frank in there, or why he was being so quiet, but she could care less. The point was that he was in there. That he was staying there and not blowing their cover.

Once Mikey had quit ‘choking’, she turned and began pulling out bowls, measuring cups, and the mixer. That was Mikey’s cue. He knew what to do next. Fuck, this was making her more nervous. Nervous enough that she knocked the stack of bowls off of the counter as she turned to grab eggs out of the fridge. She paused, wincing. Fuck. She needed to calm down. She needed to just act normal.

“Want to grab me the flour, Dan?” she asked as she bent over to grab eggs.

“Sure,” came her sister’s reply.

Khorie pretended to be searching hard for the eggs. She heard her sister cross the kitchen and open the door to the pantry. As soon as Dani walked inside of it, Mikey jumped from his seat and swung the door shut behind her. Khorie moved quickly, running across the kitchen to begin pushing the table over to where Mikey was holding the door shut. They could hear the muffled yells of both Dani and Frank now which were added by the sound of pounding fists. Mikey skirted out of the way so that she could push the table against the door, shoving it up underneath the door knob to keep them from being able to turn it.

“How long do you think it’s going to take for them?” she asked quietly once Mikey joined her at the other side of the table, both of them watching the door to the pantry, where they had succeeded in locking Dani and Frank.

“I have no idea. I’ll go get the cards. You fill them in,” Mikey said, patting her on the shoulder. “Good job, by the way.”

“And you as well,” she replied, grinning at him before crawling on top of the table, moving to sit cross-legged near the door. “Alright you two. Here’s the deal.”

They both went quiet as they waited for her to continue.

“We’re tired of you two fighting. So, you guys are going to stay in there until you talk everything out. And I mean everything. We’re not going to let you out until we hear you resolve everything. We know you like each other. Now would be the time that it’s coming out,” Khorie said, glaring at the door.

“Khorie Delaney Stuart! You are so fucking dead when I get out of here!” Dani called, pounding her fist on the door once.

“Well, then I’ll die happy because you two will be getting along when I let you out,” Khorie retorted, tilting her head to the side.

Silence met her. Mikey reappeared in the kitchen, holding a desk of cards. He joined her on the table before pulling them out of the case. The two of them proceeded to begin to play Rummy, waiting for the two inside of the closet to begin talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

Kind of short. And meh-ish.

Comments = Love

<333
PhoenixRising