Break Apart Her Heart

Part Thirteen;;

**Khorie’s POV**

Khorie peered at Mikey, a skeptical expression on her face. “Do you hear that?”

Mikey arched a questioning brow. “Hear what?” he asked.

“My point exactly.”

She turned and crawled over to the pantry door, placing her ear to it. Silence. No sound emitted from the other side. Until…There it was. The familiar sound of kissing.

“Holy shit, Mikes! We did it!” Khorie exclaimed, her eyes going wide as she stood on the solid table.

He stood with her and together, they danced on the tabletop, doing everything from the ‘Sprinkler’ to the ‘Lawnmower’. After a few minutes of making complete asses of themselves, they fell down on top of each other, giggling madly.

“Oh my. You look funny as hell doing the Funky Chicken, Mikes,” she informed him in between high pitched giggles.

“Eat shit,” he retorted, smacking her on the arm.

She moved to return the favor, but paused mid-hit when the phone began ringing. Khorie quickly removed herself from the table, figuring now was as good of a time as any to let them loose, and she wanted to be far away from the kitchen when it happened. Khorie gestured towards the door over her shoulder, letting Mikey know silently that he was free to release them from their prison, so to speak.

With a heavy sigh, she plopped down onto the cough and picked up the receiver before placing it to her ear. “’Ello?”

“Khor?”

Her face lit up with a smile and her cheeks burned subconsciously. “Hey Gee. What’s up?”

“Nothing. I was wondering if you wanted to come over and watch a movie with me. I’ll even let you choose,” he said in a taunting voice, as if he even had to work to get her to agree.

Before she could say anything though, the sound of hitting and Mikey’s screams were heard coming from the kitchen. Khorie’s green eyes went wide and she jumped up off the couch.

“Khorie? What’s going on there?” Gerard asked, and she could almost hear him raising an eyebrow.

“Um. Nothing. I’ll be there shortly. Have the door open and ready, okay?” Khorie replied, keeping her eyes on the kitchen as she inched her way over to the cradle, getting ready to slam it down and make a run for it.

“What?! Khorie, what the he-”

“Just do it.” With those words, she put the phone down and took off sprinting through the house, grabbing a zip-up hooding from the closet door knob.

“KHORIE DELANEY STUART!” her sister yelled, coming to a skidding halt outside of the kitchen.

She let out a little ‘eep’, her eyes wide as she looked over her shoulder for a split second. Blue met green in a stare off that didn’t last long, for Khorie quickly returned to her senses and flung the door open and ran outside, across the yard, and towards the Way household.

Thankfully Gerard had done as she requested, and was standing with the door wide open, clad in dark blue jeans paired with a plain black t-shirt. His hair was still unruly, making Khorie wonder if he ever actually brushed it. However, his smile was wide and inviting. She practically threw herself inside, curving around him to shut the door forcefully, twisting the lock with shaking fingers.

“Are you okay?” Gerard asked, grabbing her shoulders and making her look at him.

“Dani is going to kill me,” she replied, wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him tightly.

He chuckled, burying his face in her black hair. “Why is she going to do that?” he asked, letting her loose only to grab her hand and pull her over to the couch. He sat down and pulled her onto his lap, allowing her to rest her head on his shoulder with a content sigh.

“Because Mikey and I locked her and Frank in the pantry so that they could get over themselves and get together,” Khorie informed him, closing her eyes and taking in the familiar scent of coffee and cigarettes that always seemed to linger on him, even if he had just gotten out of the shower.

Gerard snorted in laughter, his body jolting forward. Khorie giggled and gripped onto him as his body shook with his laughs. “Fuck, Khorie. I’m not surprised. Did it work though?”

She nodded her head. “Of course it did. Mikey and I are fucking geniuses,” she informed him.

He pursed his lips in amusement and was about to say something when a pounding at the door halted him. Both of them jumped from the couch, their eyes wide, his arms still around her smaller frame.

“GERARD! OPEN THIS DOOR THIS INSTANT! I KNOW KHORIE IS IN THERE! I’M GOING TO KILL HER! OPEN UP, MISTER!”

Khorie let out a squeak and her grip on Gerard went even tighter. She yanked his face down to her level and stared into his gorgeous hazel eyes. “You have to hide me. NOW!” she said, releasing him.

“Are you sure? I mean, I don’t think she’d really kill you. Why don’t you gu-”

“GERARD! JUST DO IT!” she yelled, waving her arms around at her side in a crazy flail.

He arched a dark eyebrow in amusement, apparently fighting back even more laughter. What the hell was this? Laugh at Khorie day? Because she wasn’t trying to be funny. At least, not at the moment. She knew her sister was probably waiting to beat the living hell out of her. Or maybe kiss her. But she doubted it was the second one. Dani sounded pissed off, and the only retribution she was seeking was Khorie’s blood.

“Alright, alright. Geez, Khor. Let’s not have a heart attack, shall we?” he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her through the living room, ignoring the pounding that was still going on in the front of the house.

Gerard led her downstairs and into his room. He looked around for a second, biting at his bottom lip. Finally, he pointed at his bed. Khorie stared at him, hands on hips.

“Oh yeah, because she’s not going to see me laying there.

He rolled his eyes. “Get under it, retard,” he said, moving to lift up the blanket that was skimming the floor.

“You’re original,” she muttered as she got down on her stomach and moved her body beneath the bed. It was a tight fit, and the springs of the mattress were catching in her hair. Things crunched beneath her, making her wince. What the hell did he have under here? Her hand touched something mushy and she suppressed a gag. Khorie made to turn her head to see what it was, but realized that she couldn’t. At all.

Khorie was fucking stuck.

She heard Gerard’s footsteps go back up the stairs, then the pounding on the front door stopped. Khorie couldn’t move an inch, nor could she really hear what was being said upstairs. She grunted, inching her body towards the bedroom, trying to get out. It wasn’t working all that great. The only thing that was happening was her clothes and hair was getting stuck more on the wires above her.

Before she could do much of anything else, Khorie heard the sound of footsteps heading her way. She cursed quietly and tried to make herself invisible through will power. Not that it would work, but it was worth a shot.

“Alright, Gerard. Where did you hide Khorie?”

Fuck. She was a goner.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Gerard replied.

“You know, for a vampire, you fucking suck at lying.”

The next thing she knew, the blanket was lifted and the identical face of her sister appeared, grinning almost evilly. “Hello there, darling Khorie.”

She put a smile on her face and waved using only her finger tips, since her movement seemed to be very limited at the moment. “Hello to you too, Dani. How are you this fine afternoon?”

Her sister shrugged. “Oh, well, the usual. I’d be better if you got your ass out here so I can kill you though,” she responded, making a ‘come here’ motion with one finger.

Khorie cleared her throat. “I’m sorry to burst your bubble and all, but um, I’m fucking stuck.”

It was at that moment that Gerard’s face joined Dani’s. Together, they gaped at her, trying to discern if she was lying or just trying to get out of coming out into the open. Fuck, she wished it were the second one.

“Ha. Ha. That’s real funny. Get your ass out here,” Dani demanded.

She rolled her eyes. “Seriously Dani. I can’t get out. One, Gee has so much shit under here that it made it cramped. Two, the bed sits too low. So, I am fucking stuck.”

Together, they burst out laughing. They laughed until their faces went red, and tears streamed down their eyes. The entire time, Khorie lay beneath Gerard’s nasty ass bed, sulking with her eyes narrowed at the two of them. She was glad they found this fucking funny, because she sure as hell didn’t. She didn’t at all. It wasn’t funny. She could catch a disease under here, for crying out loud!

“Okay, can you guys stop laughing at me for a second and get me the hell out of here?” Khorie asked in a whining voice.

“Yeah, yeah. Hold your horses,” Dani replied, standing up with a chuckle.

With a combined effort, the two of them lifted up the bed. The springs managed to yank a chunk of her hair out, making her shriek as tears of pain filled her eyes. As soon as she had enough space, she rolled out from underneath the bed, still clutching to her head.

“Are you okay?” Gerard asked once they had set the bed back down.

She scowled and swatted him upside the head. “No, I am not, thank you very much! I’ve got a bald spot because Mr. Fucking Genius decided that I could fit my ass beneath his bed,” she whined, jutting out her bottom lip as she directed her gaze over to her sister, who was casting an amused expression from her spot next to the edge of the bed, fists on hips.

“Well, I was going to kill you, but I’ve decided that seeing you walk around school with a bald spot is so much better. So, have fun. I’m going to go beat the shit out of Mikey. Again. See you later, vampire,” Dani said, grinning widely as she skipped across the room and up the stairs.

Gerard turned his eyes towards her as he leaned down and checked her head. “You’re sister is a weird one,” he told her as he parted her hair gingerly.

“Tell me about it,” Khorie muttered, rolling her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

FILLER! YAY!

Sorry about taking so long.

Feel free to send me hate comments! At least it's comments!

<333
PhoenixRising