Status: Getting Somewhere...Changed the title!

Wildfire

Steak with a side of Mario.

Nick ignored me all week, which I didn’t mind at all. I was so happy that the teasing stopped that I treated myself to a sundae when I got home.
“Rachael!” My mother cried as she saw me trying to lick caramel sauce off my nose. “Clean yourself up! We are going to the Keats’s for dinner tonight!” I put down my spoon and started walking upstairs. I got on my dress and wiped the caramel off my nose. I ran downstairs and into the car, because I knew how freaked out my mom gets about being late! We drove for less than 5 minutes, when my dad swerved into the Keats’s driveway. My mother hustled me along the steps and knocked on the door. A smiling face opened the door. Keltie! Lucky it wasn’t Nick! She ushered us in. I looked at their house while I passed through the various rooms. Fire murals hung on the walls and red furniture.
“Rachael! What are you doing here!?” Nick asked as he walked down the stairs and saw me.
“I am eating dinner with your family.”
“Oh, right.” He said remembering. I looked at their chandelier. The glass was streaked with red so it looked like flames dancing when you turned it on.
“Is your mom a pyrotechnic or something?” I asked.
“You could say that.” Nick replied and smiled. We sat down at the table. Nick’s mom passed around the food. I ate slowly watching Nick and Keltie from across the table, which felt like it was a galaxy away. Keltie, Nick and I didn’t talk much but the parents gabbed on about stupid business crap. The parents waved Keltie, Nick and I off again. Keltie said goodbye to us and went upstairs to finish her homework.
“So... Awkward dinner, eh?” Nick said trying to make it less awkward in the room.
“Yeah…” I almost bumped into the end table when Nick told me to sit down. “So, got that bet yet?” I asked.
“Nope.”
“Mario?” I pointed to his Wii.
“Sure.” he nodded. He flicked it on. We were playing hard-core when Nick threw a Koopa shell at me. I nudged him competitively. He nudged me so much back that I dropped my controller. My character got killed by a goomba. He laughed.
“No fair cheater!” I said between laughs.
“Koopa shells are not cheating!” Nick said pretending to be innocent.
“REMATCH!” I said in a very bad announcer’s voice. “Three two one!” We were battling it out for what felt for five minutes when the TV shut off.
“Nick! You cheater!” I said madly as I shot him a look but saw he was shouting a surprised glance at the TV. When I looked at the TV I saw it was my mom holding the remote control.
“Time to go Rachael!” She said a little bit too happy. I looked at the clock. I had been playing for two hours?! “Bye Nick.” I said as I grabbed my coat. I wished I could play for a little longer. He waved as he sauntered upstairs. I walked to the door and said goodbye to Keltie and Ms. Keats. We walked to the car. I was grumbling when I realized I had just had a good time with Nick… WHAT!!???!?!?!
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know... thats kinda 'yeah...'