Your Lips Are a Hot Flame, Baby And Our Chemistry Is Kerosene

I'm Not Your Girlfriend

Alex's POV

"You know what we should do, we should go to the beach," Jack said, but everyone ignored him.

"We could go bowling?" Matt said.

"Nah," followed Zack.

"What about the beach," Jack repeated but everyone ignored him.

"We could go paintballing," I said.

"Nah, we already know Jack’s going to lose," Rian said and we all laughed.

"We can watch a movie," Zack said.

"We’ll get bored," I said.

"Beach?" Jack continued to be ignored.

"Unless it’s a porno," Matt followed.

"That’s too awkward bro, how about a picnic?" Rian said.

"What, are you coming out of the closet or something?" Zack said and we all laughed again.

"Let’s just.. " I said.

"Go to the beach?" Jack said and we all looked at him.

"That doesn’t sound bad," Zack said.

"Yeah, good thinking Jack," I said.

"Yeah, you’re actually worth for something," Matt said and we laughed while Jack just sighed and rolled his eyes.

"You guys go to the beach, I’m going to Kara’s, spend some time with her," Rian said as he got up.

"WHOOPED!" Matt said as he walked out of my house, flashing us all his middle finger.

Honestly, I’m pretty much jealous of the relationship Rian and Kara have; probably because I’ve never had anything steady, anything serious, anything like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noel’s P.O.V.

"I don’t know why I agreed to come with you guys," I told my sister and her boyfriend while they sweet talked each other.

"You guys are going to make me puke," I said as they began making out.

"Why did you even ask me to come to the beach with you if you’re going to ignore me?" I said and neither of them bothered to break the kiss to pay some attention to me. None.

"Fine then," I said getting up grabbing my towel and my belongings, "fuck you too," I put on my strapless shirt and my shirt, "I don’t need you guys to have fun at the beach," and walked away.

"What now, what now," I said as I walked along the shore. Soon enough, my stomach began to rumble, "food calls," I said as I walked towards the street.

I walked along the street that was parallel to the beach side with my iPod on, searching for any type of quick restaurant. Surprisingly, my only option was Dairy Queen.

As I entered Dairy Queen, careful me completely bumped into someone else, throwing their ice cream right back at their shirt.

"I am so sorry," I said staring at his shirt and covering my mouth with both of my hands.

"It’s okay," he smirked, "Noel, right?"

I looked up at him, surprised to see him, "Gaskarth? Aren’t you supposed to be touring?"

"We got back from tour yesterday," he shrugged, "so, want to go inside and buy me a new Reeses Blizzard?" he said pointing down at his shirt.

"Yeah, I’ll accompany you but you’ll have to buy it yourself," I raised my eyebrows and walked inside, past him.

"I could’ve sworn you were warming up to me already since you were being so nice, I guess I was wrong," he chuckled and I smiled.

"It takes me a while to warm up to people Gaskarth," I smirked at him.

"Well, I’ve already made an improvement since you don’t hate me anymore," he chuckled and I turned to him.

"Hate you?" I asked confused, "I’ve never hated you."

"May I take your order please," the lady behind the counter, Matilda, asked, with a really thick russian accent.

"Yes, I’d like a large Reeses Blizzard please" Alex replied to Matilda, and then turned to me, "and yes, all that shit you said in graduation day, you hated me."

"I never hated you, I was just talking shit," I shrugged.

"Would that be all?" Matilda asked.

"Uhm, no, hold up," Alex replied to her, then turned to me again, "are you going to order anything?"

"Oh yes," I turned to Matilda, "I want a.." I paused staring at the menu, "a popcorn shrimp basket, with a side salad please, and a water bottle," I nodded at her.

"Ten Fifty-Two," she said.

"Here," Alex said quickly and handed her a twenty dollar bill.

"Why are you paying for me, I can pay for myself," I told him.

"I don’t want to bother her anymore, she’s annoyed, let’s just leave it at you owe me one" he smirked and turned to Matilda to grab his change.

"Whatever," I said walking to a seat as he followed.

"Here’s your water bottle, you left it in the counter," he said placing it in the table as I sat down.

"Thank you," I tightened my lips then he sat down, "why do you say I hated you I never did."

"Well, why’d you say all that stuff about me then? Singling me out of that whole crowd of people," he asked.

"People talk about you, people know you, it’s one of the most spread around rumors," I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"So, you talked shit to spread wildfire?" he said confused.

"Yes Gaskarth, that’s exactly why," I shrugged.

"I don’t get you," he said as he laid back in his seat.

"You don’t have to," I said drinking out of my water bottle.

"No, what I mean is, you’re so moody," he smirked, "not long ago you were a bitch to me, in graduation, then out of nowhere you were actually nice, then I come back and you’re a bitch again. Do you really like messing with people’s heads that much?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, everyone in our school likes you. Surprisingly, they still do, for some unknown reason or force, or I just don’t know," he sighed, "well I know, you can actually be a nice human being when you want to, and on top of that you tell them what they want to hear behind everyone else’s back, but why?"

"I already told you, anyways I don’t need to explain myself to you," I said.

"Excuse me!" Matilda shouted from behind the counter, causing Alex to turn back.

"Yes?" Alex said as she asked him to go over with hand motions. Obediently, he walked up to the counter.

"Here’s your Blizzard, and your girlfriend’s shrimp will be out in just a few minutes," she said loud enough for me to hear and handed Alex his blizzard.

He chuckled and shook his head, "alright, thanks," he walked back to the table.

"I’m not your girlfriend," I said as he sat across from me.

"I know you’re not, but she doesn’t matter," he shrugged and shoved a spoon in my face, "here I got two spoons in case you wanted."

"So generous," I said grabbing the spoon and placing it on the table, "but no thanks, I’m not in the mood for something sweet," I raised my brows.

"Alright, you’re the one that’s missing out," he said as he dug into that Blizzard.

"So," he said while he had time to breathe, "are you here alone?" he said, which was almost impossible to understand since he had so much ice cream in his mouth.

"It’s bad manners to speak with food in your mouth," I said and he stuck his tongue out at me, revealing everything he was eating; causing me to giggle, "and no, I’m not alone here, my sister and her boyfriend invited me; but they got too busy and I got tired of just sitting in my ass," I shrugged, "you, Prince Charming?"

"Well," he said wiping his face with a napkin, "I came with Jack, Zack, and Matt, but I don’t know what happened, I got lost," he shrugged.

"You got lost?" I asked him and laughed, "how does that happen?" I smirked.

"Excuse me!" Matilda’s accent spoke out once more. This time Alex just got up and received the shrimp basket and the salad.

"Thank you slave," I said as he walked back to the table.

"Ey, no problem," he said. At this point he was two-thirds through his blizzard.

"So you got lost," I said grabbing a shrimp.

"Yes, yes I did," he said, "but it doesn’t matter, I was with them on tour, so I’ve seen them enough for a while," he laughed and I followed.

"You know, my sister probably wont leave ‘til seven p.m., want to do something?" I asked him.

"Sure," he said looking at his watch, "it’s only three p.m., we’ve got a whole day ahead of us," he smiled and I smiled back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are so many pretty restaurants by the beach side," I said as we walked along the shore, "I’ve always wanted to eat in one."

"We can eat in one today, if you want," he said looking at me questioningly.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, "I want to," I smiled.

"So how did the tour go?" I asked him.

"It was amazing," he said looking up at the sky, "it’s the best feeling in the world, playing in front of all these kids, most of them didn’t even know our songs, but it didn’t matter, they were there at that moment to see us," he chuckled then looked at me, "it sounds so ridiculous and corny, but it was amazing," he shrugged.

"No, it does sound amazing," I said smiling, "you guys deserved it, as far as I know, you guys have been working real hard for a while now," I smirked.

"Yes, we have," he said, "since freshman year; but it’s not like it bothers us, working this much, we think it’s the greatest thing in the world, and it is."

"Yeah, I bet it is," I smiled, "so, who’s your current victim?" I asked nonchalantly.

"What?" he said staring at me.

"Your victim, girlfriend, same thing," I shrugged.

"Oh.." he chuckled, "you make it sound like I kill them or something," he chuckled and I followed, "well, no one, Lisa dumped me yesterday," he said.

"What? Why?" I asked him confused.

"Well, let’s just say that," he sighed, "I don’t know, things weren’t working out."

"Well, of course things didn’t work out, that chick is a control freak," I said.

"She’s a nice girl you know?" he looked at me and laughed, "I swear, there’s no getting through you," he smirked.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You know what I mean, and if you don’t, just live with it," he said.

"God, so much attitude Gaskarth, and it came firing out of nowhere," I said, then stopped at my feet and placed my towel on the floor, while he just kept walking. It took him a good thirty seconds to realize I wasn’t next to him anymore, to realize that I was lying on my towel tanning by now.

"You could’ve told me you stopped you know?" he said standing in front of the sun.

"I could’ve.." I said, "but I didn’t want to," I smiled.

"Thanks," he said as he laid his towel next to mine, took off his shirt, and laid next to me, "it’s tanning from now ‘til we get hungry again," he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Favorite color?" he asked as we waited for our food in a restaurant by the beach shore called Chocolat.

"Definitely vibrant purple," I said slurping on my water, "you?"

"Blue, light blue to be more exact."

"Pussy," I said, "favorite candy bar?"

"Definitely Reeses Cups, you?"

"Butterfingers for sure," I smiled, "favorite high school year?"

"Senior year," he smirked, "yours?"

"They were all shit," I laughed and he followed.

"So negative," he shook his head and a man holding two dishes came by.

"The salmon for the lady," he said as he placed my grilled salmon in front of me, "and ribs for the gentleman," he said placing ribs in front of Alex, "enjoy your meal," he said and walked off.

"When was your first kiss?" he asked me.

"Seventh grade, Tony Saliani," I admitted, "I wasn’t so good looking back then, and he wasn’t so bad looking," we both laughed, "you?"

"Jessica Martinez, fifth grade," he shrugged, "I was kind of an early bloomer with good taste," we both laughed.

"When was your first time?" I asked him.

"What makes you think I’m not a virgin?" he replied.

"Oh please," I made hand motions, "that’s like saying that it rained today or something," I laughed and he followed.

"Fine," he answered, "Jasey Green in eighth grade," he smirked, "she was hot," he chuckled, "you?"

"Oh, Jasey," I winked at him and giggled, "uhm, it was.." I stopped to think, "it was John Eckman in ninth," I shrugged, "he was alright."

"You’re so harsh," he said and laughed.

"How would you know if I’m harsh, it’s not like you’ve had sex with him too," I laughed.

"True," he said, "and I wouldn’t want to," he laughed.

"Yeah, I wouldn’t want you to want to either," the words escaped my mouth.

He paused for a second to look at me, then chuckled, "you’re really unexpected," he smirked.

I didn’t know what to say, so I just smiled and stuttered, "I-I, you, I, I-"

"Don’t worry," was all he said and he began digging into his ribs.

What am I getting myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo
Pansy