I'm Thinking It Must Be Love

Kiss Me

I pushed around the last soggy bits of my cereal. I wasn’t really hungry but anything else I could do would wake everyone up.

“Pete”

Patrick sounded angry, but he was typically grumpy when he first woke up so it made sense. I left the bowl in the sink and went to the room. He looked really sweet and peaceful under the covers.

“Your phone keeps buzzing.”

I picked it up off the dresser the caller ID said it was Lizz. I pressed the green button. “Hey”

“Hey Petey-pie wanna hang out?”

I didn’t have anything planned today and she was always fun to be around. “Yeah sure. When?”

“Like right now, meet me at the park. I have an . . . . Attachment to that place.” She gave a small laugh, I knew there had to be a meaning to what she had just said but I don’t feel like trying to decipher her words.

“Kay I’ll be there in a few.”

“Okay see you. Oh and Pete?”

“Yeah?” she was probably going to ask me to buy her a Red Bull or something.

“Bring an extra pair of pants.”

“Why?” What could we possibly be doing that she expects me to need another pair of pants? Oh I hope this wasn’t going to be a repeat or Texas; Patrick made me throw out those pants just cuz they smelled like piss.

“Just do it!” she hung up. It amazed me how quickly she went from being all giggly to sounding angry, damn girls and their mood swings. I walked over to the closet and found a clean T-shirt, and a slid on a pair of jeans.

“Should I leave?”

I zipped my hoodie up and glanced over at Trick he was still heart-broken over that bitch. The guilt of leaving him alone gnawed at my insides, I wanted nothing more than to kiss him until he forgot all about her.

“Nah I explained what your situation was to my mom. She said you can stay as long as you’d like. I swear she loves you more than me.”

My comment earned a smile from him. I turned to the mirror on the wall and lined my eyes. It looked too neat so I smudged it until I was satisfied. My eyes met Patrick’s through the mirror. I knew that look, he was worried.

“Where are you going?”

“To meet Lizz”

“Oh her

I didn’t like his tone, I get that he was hurt but it didn’t mean he had to lash out on my friends. He and Lizz had always gotten along just fine but lately anytime I mention her he gets all pissy. Sometimes I wonder if he liked me back. I doubt it, who could ever want a fuck up like me? Still the only reason he could be all pissy about me hanging around with Lizz would be jealousy. Wait maybe he liked her? No. He can’t like her, we’ve had this discussion he sees her as a bud. I’m over thinking this again I need to get out of here.

“Yeah, I’ll see you later. We’ll go to the movies or something kay?”

He nodded and laid his head back onto the pillow. He looked so innocent, so peaceful I was tempted to crawl back into bed but I had already promised Lizz I’d go. I grabbed a pair of old jeans. I slid my wallet into my back pocket and grabbed my keys. “Bye Trick.”