Someone's Precious

Devil's Truth

She had forgotten exactly what water felt like. Now having it all around her tiny frame felt like she was wanted and cared for. She pulled her legs to her chest and allowed a smile to touch her lips as she rested her chin on her bony knees. She had never been more thrilled than at the moment that they had brought her into the room to see the great bath that had been created just for her.

A soft laugh feel from her lips as she stretched out her legs and wiggled her toes under the clear water. Under all the dirt and leaves, clear skin had appeared. Skin she had not seen in a very long time. The thought had her giggling again a moment before she slid under the water and allowed it to simply surround her body. It felt so peaceful down below the water. It cocooned her like a shelter or a blanket.

She came up with a bright smile on her face. The water slipped over her bare skin and features seemingly wanting to cling to her and yet join its fellow particles at the same time. She couldn't help but giggle at the analysis. She hadn't felt this happy, this human in a very long time. She knew that she wasn't really, but it was something nice that she could happily dream.

"I was wondering when you were going to come up," a voice reverberated in her ears. Her hands shot up to cover her ears and her mind and emotions reached out to the seeds that lay lifelessly in a small little puddle of the clean bath water. Two instantly heeded her call, unfurling themselves and the little buds that held the lives she needed. Vines sprang the opened seeds and began to grow until they fell into the water, the weight dragging them downward until they could begin to unfurl themselves and climb up her body until they could reach her ears and created netting over her ears, dampening the sounds around her.

"Sorry, they told me about that," the female voice spoke contritely. She turned and stared at the girl who was hugging herself, a soft red color touching her cheeks. A blush. She could remember having that reaction once just vaguely. It was a wisp of a memory though, not something that she could believe was truly real. "U-um," the red haired girl brushed her hair behind one ear and grabbed a towel, scuttling forward so she could throw it around the devil child's shoulders.

"Why did you do that?" she asked tilting her head to the side and watching the silver and red play on each other in the girl's hair.

The girl's brow furrowed as she withdrew her hands from the towel. "What do you mean? Don't you...I mean...clothes? And...well...weren't you embarrassed?"

Shaking her head the demon girl stared at the other female wondering what it was like to be considered human and worth love and salvation. "I've forgotten what it's like to feel that...I'm not worthy of such embarrassment. I'm not worthy of many emotions. It's why I forgot them as much as I could." The words were simple and said with complete and total conviction.

The girl's face furrowed with something like confusion. "Don't you feel...anything?"

She tilted her head to the side wondering. "No...I think that I feel, but that...I do not believe that I should. And so...I try not to think about what those emotions might be like because if I did, than I would be feigning humanity and I am not human." Looking down, she stepped out of the water reluctantly and scooped up the seeds into her hands. "Thank you for your concern miss, but you should save it for humans." She left the room through a thick mess of silence. She hadn't really expected a reply. After all, in her mind, she saw it as the girl simply accepting the truth that she was a demon.

Everyone should.