Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Airplanes

Alex's Point of View

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."


We finished off last practice and I hugged Beech, smiling like a loon. We were going to kick ass!

We'd learned various types of songs, including Airplanes, the Rihanna and Eminem song, even the song Taylor Swift did with John Mayer. Oh yeah. We were on the ball.

Now Beech and I were listening wordlessly as Conner and Camee fight about the band. Silently, I stood up, grabbed Beech's hand, and pulled her out of Conner's house and into my truck, pulling out and heading towards the high school.

"Is it my fault?" Beech asked quietly. I looked at her, mortified.

"Of course not Beech. Cam's just a bitch."

"Maybe you should have made her your secret weapon," she said, looking out at the buildings.

"No," I replied. "Cam is nowhere as good as you." At this she brightened and I smiled. We waited as the school bell rang and Eli walked out slowly, his hands in his pockets. He sighed when he caught sight of me and I rolled down my window.

"What do you want, Alex?" he asked, not caring how rude he sounded.

"Uncle Mack wants us at the resturaunt," I replied, not caring how rude he was.

"For what?" he asked. I shrugged and he clambered into the back seat, grunting with the effort. I left the lot and started toward my uncle's bar. Diner. Resturaunt. Whatever it is.

Beech flounced inside but Eli and I stayed in the car. Finally I said, "I'm sorry, bro." He stared at me. "For being the douche I was. I've already made it right with Nora and Damien and the band. So please. You're my little brother. Please."

"By eleven months," he huffed. I smiled. "Whatever," Eli said. "What's done is done. It's not your fault Nora beat herself up for it."

"Have you talked to her?" I asked. Eli shook his head. "Why not? Don't you think you should have been comforting her?"

"She needed space." I thought back a few nights to when I found Nora punching the dying willow.

"No," I said. "She needed a distraction. Whatever. Come on." I got out of my truck and locked it after Eli. We walked side by side into the place and stopped behind Beech, who was glaring incredually at the man talking to her dad.

Our dad.

Eli and I froze, and he caught sight of us and smiled. The look on our Uncle's face told us they'd been fighting and I instantly put myself infront of Beech and Eli, remembering how abusive my dad could be.

The door opened behind us and the guys walked in, to my relief. They looked at me, looked at my dad, and knew something would go down. Conner grabbed Beech and pulled her into the kitchen, dissapearing behind it. Ivan flanked me and Xavier stayed by Eli's side.

"Alex," my dad cooed. "Eli. You're all grown up!" We just stared at him. "How long has it been," he said with a fake smile.

"Fourteen years," I said, glaring at him. He pursed his lips.

"Now, Alex, is that anyway to treat your father?" I looked around in mock surprise.

"I'm sorry, I haven't seen my father today. I wouldn't know." Anger flashed in his eyes but his face remained passive. "What are you doing here, Barlow?" I asked, calling him by our last name. "Why now, of all times?"

"I can't come to see my sons-?"

"No!" I shouted. He stopped. "No, you can't! You've never thought to come and see us before, and it's been fourteen years! If anything, you're here because we're over the age of eighteen and you're hoping we have money to give you! Newsflash! I'm in a band, we don't have money to spare. Eli's still in high school! Next time, try being a dad before you try to come in and ruin our lives!" His whole body tensed in rage and he stormed past me. "Don't ever come back you stupid junkie!" I yelled after him. Eli put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly and I sagged.

"I'm going to talk to Nora," Eli said after a while. "I'll head to Conner's when I'm done." I nodded and he left. Conner came out of the kitchen with Beech and I crashed at a random table, all my frustration and anger spilling out in tears. Beech hugged me.

"I told you you were strong, Lex," she whispered. I laughed through my tears as my uncle announced he would be making us a barbeque dinner. I called Eli and told him that when he was done, he should come back to the bar and bring everyone; Nora and Damien and Cyn. Everyone.

With a sigh, I leaned back against the brick wall and smiled.

I forgot the man who never exsisted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Alex told off his bad daddy! Good for him!
Everything is right in Alex's world. Or so he thinks.

Muahahahahahaha *cough cough* Hairball >.>

~Schiz♪