Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Lazy Day

Nora’s Point of View

When the six of us left the ice cream parlor, I was still trying to eat my chocolate ice cream. However, upon walking outside, the chocolaty goodness began to melt and I found myself licking my wrist and the cone desperate to get every morsel of chocolate. Damien kept an arm around my shoulder and laughed as he watch me struggle before taking a bite of the cone and, in turn, sending more chocolate spilling onto my arm. Growling, I sent him a dirty look and licked up my arm to get stream of liquid chocolate. With a chuckle, Noah commented, “Now I know how Nora gets the guys: all she has to do is lick herself and they come running.” My cheeks flushed red as the group, aside from Mitchell who never really spoke, burst into a round of laughter. Just as they did, a familiar looking car slowed down near where we were sitting on Noah’s BMW. It was Alex’s truck, but when I peered inside a different face met me with a grin. I grinned back at Eli, but inside the guilt was beginning to return and the smile was hard to keep up. He jumped out of the driver’s seat and, after handing my dripping ice cream to Damien who had been watching the exchange, I jumped out of the car as well toward him. Eli smiled, “Hey Nora!”

I continued to grin as I neared him. “Hey Eli! It’s great to see you.” My heart began to beat faster as I was just in front of him, and it nearly exploded when he pulled me into a hug. His arms were wrapped around my waist and his head on my shoulder; for a moment, an image of Alex came into my mind. They were too alike, it was killing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his chest to try and push away the thoughts of his brother. When a few minutes passed and neither of us had moved, I whispered, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” He pulled away a bit to press his forehead to mine and again my heart began to ram against my chest. Alex did the same thing. I need to stop! I cried out in my head. Stop! Stop! Stop! Eli was watching me and I realized that he must have asked me a question. “Well?” he asked softly, verifying that I’d missed something.

“O-Okay,” I answered, though I had no idea what he was talking about. For all I was aware, I could have just signed away my soul to him. He grabbed my list and led me away from the convertible to a hill next to the parlor. I turned around to see the guys watching us and with my free hand I held up a finger to signify we were going to need a minute. They sent me a quick nod before going back into their conversation, whatever it was. When we were at the top, I sat down on a patch of grass and outstretched my legs. Eli did the same and again it was silent. To break it, I mumbled, “So…”

He looked at me then. “Nora, I’m sorry for not being there.” I looked at him incredulously, not understanding what he was talking about. Why was he apologizing to me? I thought, confused. I’m the one who cheated on him with his brother! …Oh my god, this is totally going to eat me alive. There is no way I can live on knowing this! Why oh why oh why dear God! Why do you torture me? Eli was, again, staring at me and I knew I’d missed something relatively important. After a moment, he sighed and put his head in his hands before adding, “It’s fine if you don’t want to talk to me now, or if you don’t forgive me or anything but please give me another chance and I’ll be there for you I promise!”

“Why are you apologizing?” I asked, unable to keep the question inside. He peered up at me as I continued, “You didn’t do anything wrong or anything that I know of. I’m not mad at you or anything I’m just confused.” His stressed expression instantly melted off and a grin returned to his features. Before I knew it, he had his arms around me again and was laughing and smiling like before.

He pulled back and looked me in the eye. “I’m so glad! Seriously, I promise to be the best boyfriend in the world!” Then, he kissed me. Right on the lips. And it was worse than the hug or when we touched shoulders.

They are too much alike.

It was only when he brushed a few fingers on my cheeks did I realize I was crying. When he asked me why, a worried look on his gentle features, I couldn’t tell him the truth. It would hurt him and, more selfishly, it would hurt me. So I put on a wide grin and whispered, “I’m just really happy too, is all.” He grinned and pulled me into another embrace, and I hid my head in his neck, wondering how I managed to screw myself over like this.

Image


Cyn and I sat in the back of Alex’s truck while Eli drove and sang along to The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars, once in awhile hitting the wrong notes. We – Eli, Cyn, and I, and my band mates – were all heading to the Barlow’s restaurant by request of Alex. The whole way there, my heart was beating overtime and Cyn must have noticed because in a low voice she’d ask if I was okay. Every time, I answered with a quick yes but I knew she saw right through me. She might have been ten, but she was smart. I’m sure she wouldn’t be skipping her online college courses for ice cream and to hang out with friends.

Finally, we pulled into the parking lot next to Noah’s BMW. They’d gone ahead of us because Eli and I still had to get Cyn from my house and there wasn’t enough room in the convertible for all of us. As we exited the truck, I followed behind Eli and Cyn as they strolled into the restaurant. Of course they could be casual about it. But I couldn’t, my heart was pounding too hard against my chest to get a break and a chance of emotional sanity. I could only hope that when I went in there, I didn’t completely lose it or anything along those lines. As I reached the door, I slowly turned the handle and made my way inside. The first to notice me was Damien and Noah, who shouted loudly and through there hands up in the air to wave. There was a beer bottle in one of each of their hands. Typical. Then, Cyn waved at me from next to Beech, who in turn waved and I waved back.

Then, I saw him.

And, I swear, I must look like a tomato from blushing so hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'awww my little Nora! Poor poor girl! XDD

I love to torture her, hehehe >x)

<3Mikayla