Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

I Hate Everything About You

Nora’s Point of View

Surrounding me, as I left the parking lot and the theater, was a barrier of emotions that kept every and all people away from me. I didn’t want to talk to anyone, be that I knew them or not, or if they were close to me or not. All that I wanted to do was think and be in my state of many emotions. As I continued walking alongside the road, I knew exactly where I was going and no one or nothing could stop me from getting there. From where I was, it wouldn’t be too far of a walking, faster than if I’d been in my hometown. Cars sped by me and once in awhile, one would slow down and ask if I needed a ride somewhere. I’d just smile and shake my head, and they’d leave me there to fend for myself. These were the short instances that reminded me of the few kind people in the world. A few that I wasn’t part of.

I was dating Eli. And yet, I insisted on still loving his brother and having sex with him. There was no point in telling me I was a good person because it wouldn’t be true. If anything, I was one of the worse, a cheater and a liar.

An opening in the woods to my right caught my eye and I felt my body shift so I was climbing through the bushes and up the pathway. I knew the road well; it was probably one of the happiest places I’d ever gone to and shared with Damien. He’s the one who’d shown it to me when I was only twelve, back when he’d just become my step cousin. Our parents were at a restaurant in this town and the two of us snuck away. He’d told me that day, that after his parents had split up he visited this place often. His first father, his real father, had shown it to him when he was little and Damien had trusted me enough to show me it as well. Breaking into a sprint, I flew up the path to get their fast so I could finally be at peace. However, I tripped over a lone branch and fell on my face. A cough erupted from my throat and I could taste blood. The once pure white dress was splotched with dirt and the bottom was ripped. My bare feet were scratched from walking on the pavement and the bottoms were nearly black from the ground. Just as I was about to give up and just lay there for awhile before going back to Mitchell’s trailer, I saw the clearing up ahead and I found the strength to pick myself up and run to the top. When I reached the light, I felt a grin form on my lips as I whispered, “Yes…”

It wasn’t what many people would call fantastic, but then again, I wasn’t many people. The grass was a deep green color and ticked my hurt feet as they swayed in the breeze. The trees were all bent and old, giving them more character than the newer ones near the road. However, the most spectacular of the area was the view off the cliff; it was a view of the mountains in the far distance, of the streams running through the countryside, of the farms and of the different colored trees. I found myself limping toward the edge and stopped only when I was faced with the end. Taking in a deep breath, I let out a scream. It started out low, but soon progressed into that of banshee’s; it filled the air and caused the birds housing in the trees to run out. And when I was done, I fell back against the warm grass, watching as the sun set over the horizon. It was there that I felt a sort of peace wash over me, and I liked it. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air.

However, this lasted only a few minutes until my phone went off. Without checking the caller ID, I flipped it opened and murmured lamely, “Hey?”

“Nora-Bear, you’re okay!” A worried French girl shouted. I rolled my eyes at Nicolette’s tone. “Please, please, please tell me that wasn’t you.”

“That wasn’t me, what?” I questioned dumbly, watching as Chickadees slowly returned to their homes. Over the phone, I heard a loud sigh.

“Where are you?”

“I dunno, where are you?”

“Nora!” Nicolette shouted, and I heard voices in the background. “This is serious! We need you to be here so you can sing!”

I snorted. “Have Damien sing. I sung the last song, why can’t he sing this one?” My bad mood was returning; I could feel it.

There was a long silence as people began to talk and I heard Nicolette answering them. She, too, sounded frustrated but it wasn’t to me, I don’t think. It was toward whoever made me this irritable and stubborn and I knew she had a perfectly good idea who it was. “Alright, he says he will. The other band and him can’t decide on a song. Any ideas?”

I didn’t hesitate. “I Hate Everything About You.” And then, with the flick of my wrist, I hung up on her.

I wasn’t sure how long I laid there with the phone in my hand, waiting to see if she was calling to call back and question me. She never did, and I was thankful. Nicolette really, truly was my best friend; she knew everything about me and if she were to turn on me then I would be screwed. However, in turn I knew everything about her as well: how even the sight of milk made her puke, how her first kiss was with a girl, how whenever she was mad at a person she would create a voodoo of them and stab them repeatedly. How she always wished she was American, how she wanted so badly to be the top dancer she’d kill someone for it, how she claims she was born on February 14th when really it was on the infamous 29th. I knew everything there was about her and maybe that’s why I could trust her so easily and just act like a total bitch. Because she doesn’t care, nor do I when she acts the same way.

Sitting up, I scooted closer to the edge so my legs dangled off the side and I sighed. “I don’t want to be the one who runs from all her problems.” I whispered, looking out to the horizon. “But it’s so hard when you have places like this to run to. It’s like they’re just asking to be visited.” For a few more minutes, I took in the sweet scents before finally deciding it was time to go back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wish I had fun places to run away to! D: Not that I'll be running away anytime soon but, you know. It'd be cool XD

Ahahaha! I love harassing Nora, but I wanted to straighten her out a bit XD She's emotional but we can't let her go kill herself :O Then I'd have no one to write about! XD

<3Mikayla