Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

***ing Perfect

Nora’s Point of View

It was only until I was in a full sprint that I realized I was going after Xavier. His words stuck in my head, especially the part about everyone dying except for myself by the hands of Adele. What could he have been talking about? Did he have a bad dream too? My body was in tremors as I slowed my pace and burst through the backdoors, but Xavier was no where in sight. Holding my hand in front of my face, I watched my body quiver in fear at the thought of everyone dying. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I fell into fetal position as the thought harassed my mind until I heard someone approach me. I didn’t have to look up to know who it was. I questioned, my voice feeble from the crying, “What did you mean… when you said she killed everyone?” He sighed as if this was the last thing he’d wanted to hear from me.

“It’s a long story,” he murmured, sitting on the opposite wall. My body shook as I returned into a sitting position opposite to him. He continued, “But she’s a bitch, like Nicolette said isn’t she?” It wasn’t my place to say anything, but I felt my head bob up and down. Everything was silent for a moment until I looked up into his eyes.

I asked in a voice lower than a whisper, “Are you… are you really going to quit? After being in the band for so long?” He shrugged and stretched out his legs.

“Sure,” he said, staring off down the vacant hallway where, only a few nights ago, fifty competitors had been standing and chatting about their love for music. It was amazing how much has changed in the short forty-eight hours. So much has been lost, there hasn’t been enough gain. Sure, we’ve made it to the last leg of the competition, but that didn’t seem to matter as we sat there. He continued, “I don’t think I can deal with the shit Alex is dealing out to us, and I can’t deal with that Addy-Adele-whatever bitch even more. According to Alex, her dad has some record label over in France and after everything I just don’t even care. Maybe a week or so ago I would have jumped for joy but now? I really don’t give a shit; I should just go off to college or something and get a real job. This band will just be a story to tell the kids when I’m old.” Despite the situation, I found myself – through the few tears that escaped my eyes – laughing at this. Xavier raised a brow at me as I giggled to myself and leaned against the wall and smiled.

I sent him the thumbs up and continued to grin. In a small, happier tone, I answered, “I like that idea of yours, and I’m sure your kids will look up to you after hearing about your adventures of being in a band. Maybe you’ll start of show, ‘The Secret Adventures of a Pianist” I reached out to ruffle his hair and he snorted at my crappy joke but sent me a grin at my attempted humor. Laughing still, I removed my hand and laid on the wall until Damien poked his head in with his face set into a serious line. Xavier and I watched him as Beech and Cyn ran inside to greet us and Nicolette poked her head in as well.

“Nora!” Cyn squealed, completely oblivious to the troubles casting over the two bands. “You guys are all doing awesome! I can’t wait to see what you do for a last performance! And Beech too! This was so fun!” I smiled at her and cuddled her in my arms. Taking a peek up at Xavier, I saw recognition flash in his face and knew that it wasn’t just the bands in the dream. My palms got sweaty and I felt anger course in my veins. But, I didn’t move from my spot and instead continued to hold my sister against me and tried to forget everything that was happening to us and instead think of the past. When things weren’t difficult, when French bitches stayed where they belonged.

Nicolette sat down next to me, wiping away stray tears and the three of us cuddled together as Damien stood at the door, Xavier kept an eye on us, and Beech played quietly, aware of everything but knew not to say a word.

Image


Standing on the left side of the backstage, I began wondering if I should do just as Xavier said he wanted to do and quit the band, go to college, and get a real job. I couldn’t be a singer forever; we don’t even really get paid anything to perform. Damien squeezed my hand as I thought such ideas and I knew he’d been listening to Xavier and my conversation. He always did eavesdrop.

We were going to originally do The Sailor Song, but after the turn of events I didn’t feel it was a good idea. Instead, I searched through my iPod once more and found a song that was completely different then what Behind the Unknown was used to: Fucking Perfect. But what can I say? Even from the beginning, I wanted to do this song but they’d ruled it out. As of now though, they didn’t fight my decision and instead honored it. Next to me, Damien began to move and I followed slowly in my sun dress and sandals. Just before they stared playing, Damien mouthed, “Good luck.” I nodded back and faced the crowd alone.

“Made a wrong turn,” I sang, in my lower range. “Once or twice. Dug my way out, blood and fire. Made decisions, that’s alright. Welcome to my silly life.

“Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood, Miss ‘No way, it’s all good’, it didn’t slow me down. Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated. Look, I’m still around.” My eyes flashed to backstage where Welcome to Paradise waited for their turn. My eyes trailed over each of them, memorizing their features. Xavier was smiling at me and I let a small smile touch my lips. Then, I caught sight of Alex and my heart momentarily stopped. What can I say? I’m imperfect.

I looked back at the crowd. “Pretty, pretty please, don’t you ever, ever feel like your less than fucking perfect. Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you’re nothing you’re fucking perfect to me.”

The familiar song made the crowd scream loudly, even if it was the unedited version. But I wasn’t listening; I was too engulfed with the words leaving my mouth. Listening to them, it was almost scary how fucking perfect they were sounding right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
It had to be done<3 I love P!nk XD

Wow, I'm absolutely loving the drama<333 XD that's why even though its a school night and midnight, I am updating :D lol

<3Mikayla