Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Don't Stay

Alex's Point of View

Xavier picked up his guitar for the last time. I made no effort to stop him. It wasn't my place.

Beech hugged Xavier. "We love you Zay," she said. "Even Alex, even though he won't never admit it. Don't worry, okay? I don't like Adele either."

That hit home. Beech didn't like Adele? She didn't tell me that.

Beech came over to me and we sat in silence. I finally broke it, saying, "Why didn't you tell me?" She smiled bitterly.

"Because she made you happy. After everything, with Nora and Aunt Flo and Eli and Damien and Uncle Barlow, you were happy. That's what kept me quiet."

"No, Beech. You and Welcome to Paradise make me happy. Xavier and Conner and Ivan make me happy. Now Xavier is leaving."

"Fix it," she said. She walked away.

I growled low in my throat, pulled out a cigarette, and stepped outside to smoke. Eli walked up to me, lighting his own, and soon Adele was there. She didn't look happy.

"I'm sorry for what happened with Xavier," she said. "And so I'm going to strike you a deal. If you throw the Battle of the Bands, I'll hook you up with my dad. And you won't have to deal with me anymore. But Xavier has to stay. Otherwise my dad won't take the deal."

I was silent as I took another drag and her face contorted in disgust. "What a filthy habit. Think about it." She walked away without another word and the door opened behind us. Conner and Ivan stepped out.

"Let's do it."

Eli walked in with us, grabbing my electric guitar. Anything that would help. We were pushed onstage and the song began. Beech only sung back up, her ten year old voice unable to keep up with the song.

"Don't stay! Forget our memories, forget our possibilites! Everything you were changing me into!"

"Just give me myself back and don't stay!" Conner added in an unplanned drum solo and Ivan banged out a few wrong chords. Xavier stared at us in disbelief.

The song ended and as the lights fell I said into the mike, "Nora, I lied." Beech and Ivan pulled me offstage.

"Think we're gonna win?" Conner asked, laughing.

Xavier turned on us. "What the hell guys!" I smiled. "We're supposed to try to win!"

"Xavier," I said, grinning. He stared at my smile in shock. "Just listen, okay? Addy- Adele came up to me and Eli earlier. She basically dumped me. She told us that if we threw the Battle, she'd get her dad to sign us!"

"Woop-dee-doo, what the hell does that have to do with me!? I quit, remember!?"

"She says she'll leave us alone- but we can't do any of it without you. Come on, Zay. We need you."

He stared at me and I watched his anger fade. "As long as that bitch doesn't try anything-- on any of us!" We all grinned and laughed and Xavier became the center of our human mosh pit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for Zay!

I couldn't let him leave. Don't worry though. This probably won't be the end of Adele.

<3Schiz♪