Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Teenagers

Alex's Point of View

The only thing that sucked about coming to Disney?

We had to perform.

So to show our resentment against this useless parading of talent, the guys and I decided to do a cover song. And not just any cover song.

The ultimate cover song.

Most of our audience was forced to leave, because of how young they were. Some young adults and teens stayed to listen to the rest of our late night set, but for now, I was smiling and banging my head and laughing with my brother and friends.

"Oh, teenagers scare the living shit out of me! They could care less, as long as someone will bleed! So darken your looks, or strike a violent pose, maybe they'll leave you alone. But not me!" I laughed again and looked over at Nora and Nicolette, who were happily singing along. I handed my guitar to Damien, who began his own little solo, went over, and grabbed the two girls and dragged them on stage. This was really going to get us in trouble. At this point, I didn't care. It was my birthday tomorrow! I was allowed to have fun.

The concert ended in a sanding ovation from the twenty or so people that were left, and we began heading back to the hotel. Nora and I walked behind everyone, and soon they were out of sight.

"That was fun," she commented. I nodded, slinging my arm around her shoulders.

"Entertaining," I agreed.

"Na na na na," she began teasing. I laughed. "You and your My Chemical Romance song covers."

"They're a good band," I said. She just laughed. "So it's my birthday tomorrow," I managed casually.

"Subtle," she giggled. "I have an early birthday present for you."

"What would that be?"

"I'm getting back in the music business!" I stared at her, and then a wide grin split across my face.

"That's great! The guys must be so excited--" She was silent and I stopped. "You're not doing it with the guys?"

"I don't know," she said quietly. "Nicolette and I were on the beach and this guy heard us singing..." I smiled.

"I'm happy for you Nora. But you do know that doesn't count as a present, right?" She laughed. "But that's good. I'm glad you're back in music. You weren't quite the same without it."

"You brought the bug back to me." We walked into the lobby and stood there, facing each other. I looked up, knowing the guys were back in their rooms.

"Let's go out," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the hotel.

"Where?" she said with another laugh.

"I dunno. Why don't you take me to that beach you were singing at?" She shrugged and we walked over to the rental car. I let her drive since she knew where we were going and I didn't..

We got there and she quietly led me to the spot she and Nicolette had been at. I slipped my hand into hers and sat down, looking out at the horizon where the moon rose slowily. She leaned against me and slipped my arm over her shoulder.

"Cocoa beach," she said quietly.

"Too bad it's not real cocoa... I could do with some chocolate."

"Is that a hint? Do you want chocolate cake for your birthday?"

"I'm sure one of the guys will give that to me. Probably Eli." Silence stretched on.

"How did you take it?" she asked quietly. I knew what she was talking about, but I waited for her to explain. "That Eli is dying."

"We don't know for sure that he is," I said quietly. "There's a fifty fifty chance he won't make it. But... I didn't take it that well. I... After he told me, Nicolette led me away and I broke down. Eli is all I have left. And he's gone."

"Not yet," she said quietly. "He's not gone yet."

"No," I agreed. "He's just wasting away. I don't think I've seen him properly eat in over a year." A wet spot fell onto my arm and I realized Nora was crying. I hid my face in her hair to hide my own tears.

"You have me," she whispered. "You'll always have me. I'm sorry for what happened with Eli. I'm sorry I didn't stop it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I--"

"Nora," I said, my voice muffled by her hair. "Stop apologizing. I'm at fault too. Eli's forgiven us. Now you have to forgive yourself."

She was quiet again. "...What did you mean by telling myself the truth?"

"You've already done it," I replied. "You needed to realize who you were. Music is a part of you. And... Well it was mostly about telling Eli."

"Two faced son of a..." I knew she was kidding. I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Let's stay here," I said quietly. "Wait for sunrise."

"You got it dude."
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot of quietness in this chapter.

I like Teenagers. That song makes me smile a lot. Cause I still have like 4 years of teenager left on me. XD

Thanks for reading!

<3Schiz

p.s. We still need help deciding how we're ging to end this story! Tell us how you think it should end!