Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Hear You Me

Ivan's Point of View

Welcome To Paradise watched uncomfortably as Alex's parent's fought the nurse.

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Barlow. Only two people allowed at a time, and his brother and friend are in there."

"We're his parents!" Alex's dad shouted. "We have more of a right to see him!" The nurse, who was really pretty, sighed and rubbed her temples.

"I didn't want to have to say this, Mr. and Mrs. Barlow, but your son has made it clear that he doesn't want you in there."

"Eli loves us!" Alex's mom said indignantly.

"Not Eli," the nurse said with a glare at the woman in front of her. "Alex. I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave. If you don't, I'll call security and have you forcefully removed." Alex's dad lunged for the nurse and I immediately stood and pushed him out of the way. He fell to the floor and Alex's mom began punching me, not doing any damage.

The nurse called security as I gently pushed Alex's mother away. His dad stood and aimed to swing at me but security grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the hospital, leading a sobbing Mrs. Barlow away too. The nurse walked over to me and checked my arm.

"Thank you," she said calmly. "My name is Cheryl."

"Ivan. And it's alright. Mr. Barlow is known for his tempers." Satisfied that my arm was okay, she quickly peeked down my sure to check for any forming bruises, found none, and walked back to her desk. I followed her slowly.

"So are you here for Eli?" she asked. I nodded. "I went to elementary school with the kid. Him and his brother, they were nothing alike. I remember sitting in the "cool kids" section with the other sixth graders and just watching them. We used to laugh at how Alex has black hair and Eli has blonde... and they never really acted alike. But sometimes, you could see it. They would be on opposite sides of the play ground and do the exact same thing at the exact same time... Strange pair, those too." She smiled and shook her head.

"Yeah," I said quietly, leaning against the desk. "They've always been like that." I looked down at the papers she was looking at and saw Eli's name. Something on it made me gulp. She saw my face and quickly shoved away the papers. But it was too late.

Even as my thoughts surged in my head, Nora and Nicolette walked, practically ran, into the building. Nicollete was immediately in Damien's arms, while Nora walked straight up to me.

"Where's Xavier and Alex?" she asked.

"In the room," I replied quietly. "C'mon, I'll take you there." In silence, we walked through the pristine white, empty halls and stopped in front of a room with a closed door. "Send Xavier out. Only two people at a time." She nodded and went in. In a few seconds, Xavier came out and immediately knew there was something on my mind.

"What is it?" I waited for the door to firmly close behind him before starting back down the hall. We arrived in the room full of our friends, who watched me expectantly.

I cleared my throat and said, "I just saw the papers about Eli. He's not going to live."

Alex's Point of View

Xavier left and Nora took the seat next to me, her hand sliding into mine. I almost didn't pay attention to her, my eyes on my unconcious brother, my heart thudding in my ears.

"He's gonna want to talk to you when he wakes up," I whispered. The "if" went unspoken. Nora laid her head on my shoulder.

"Let it out," she whispered, barrying her face in my shoulder. How could she know me so well? How could she know that all I wanted to do was curl up and cry? Tears banked in my eyes and I wiped them away with my open palm.

"Happy birthday to me," I said sarcastically, quietly. With that, I let out a large scream and punched the wall next to me, standing and pacing. Nora watched me soberly. "What the fuck!" I screamed. "Why the hell would the world do this to me!? The only solid fucking thing I've ever had in my life and it's taking it away! What am I going to fucking do with myself!? Eli is all I fucking have!" She pulled me to her and I curled into her side, my tears falling freely.

"May angels lead you in," she sang softly, "Here you meet my friends. On sleepless roads, the sleepless go, may angels lead you in." I hid my face in her side and continued to cry. My life was so fucked up!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World ~

They don't get enough love, I tell you.

Alex is such a wreck at the moment. And on his birthday! It would suck to lose someone you love on your birthday. I know I would want to kill myself. Be strong Alex!

A little love for Ivan, after he was cheated on and lost his french girlfriend.

Love you all! (Oh, and, remember when I said it would be awesome if we got to 40? Well, bam! 41!)

<3~Schiz