Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

This War Is Ours

Alex's Point of View

The band was in Connor's living room when his door bell rang. Ivan bounced away to get it, and came back in walking slowly backwards, staring in hidden fear at the person in front of him.

The rest of us stood instinctively, but I was behind the chimney and out of plain sight. In walked Damien, a look of pure fury on his face, and he examined Ivan, Connor, and Xavier carefully.

"Where is he?" he asked in unmasked anger. The guys glanced at each other, half confused and half knowing about what Damien was saying.

"We have no idea who you're talking about," Xavier said, stepping up to Damien. The older guy cracked his knuckles menacingly.

"Don't play stupid," Damien said. He then went on uncertaintly, "I'm looking for Alex." Connor shifted, putting his hand behind his back and motioning toward the door behind me which led toward the kitchen and the back door beyond. I didn't move.

"He's not here," Connor said. "He's living at his uncle's house now."

"I'm not stupid," Damien said, frowning. "I know that's his truck outside. And besides, Nora told me he's living here now." Nora? Since when did I tell Nora I lived with Connor? When could I have told her?

"Well why don't you leave a message and I'll tell him you stopped by?"

"He's here!" Damien bellowed. All of us jumped. "And he can come out and face me or I'll pummel you all into dirt!" Connor made a frantic waving motion, and the message was clear.

Leave.

I slid into the kitchen, out of the back door, and into my truck. But I knew better than to leave them there to fend for themselves. They didn't know how to fight.

I leaned heavily on the horn for a minute, then climbed ontop of the cab of my truck and waited. Damien stepped out and the guys followed, Xavier cupping a hand to his eye. Rage boiled inside me.

"I don't know why you're here," I said, angry. "But you should leave before I kick your ass." He laughed, a harsh and sarcastic sound that left my blood boiling.

"I highly doubt either," he said, glaring up at me. "You know exactly what you did and you're going to wish you never did it."

"Keep dreaming, fuck-face!" I yelled, jumping off my car, making a stupid face at him, and vaulting away.

It probably seemed childish and cowardly. But I needed to keep my friends safe.

Connor's Point of View

"Ivan!" I bellowed as Damien ran after Alex. "Take Xavier and get Ely and Nora. Meet me at the park!"

"What about you?" He asked, helping Xavier into his car.

"I'm picking up Beech."

I pulled myself into Alex's truck and started it. He'd left the key in the ignition. As it started an Escape the Fate song, This War Is Ours, came on, and I frowned. I hope this war is ours.

On any other day, I would have been asked two questions.

A.) Why the park?

Because that's where Alex goes. For everything.

B.) Why Beech?

Because Beech means the world to Alex. And where there's Beech, there's Cyn, Damien's cousin.

Maybe I couldn't fight. I hadn't grown up in the slums like Alex. I hadn't been trained, like Damien. But I could think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writer's block. Woop. -.-

Thanks to everyone who's been reading. We hope you enjoy.