Ransom

Rev

Valary held the walky with shaking hands, watching the front door in pure angst. She was afraid Matt would walk out and see her. She was afraid he would find out she was speaking to Liam. She was afraid he would kill her.

"Valary, what's wrong? Where are you?"She quickly pressed the button in and answered.

"Where you and Matt go fishing, Liam. We're at,"She stopped for a moment, trying to think of the name they had given the cabin."Big Bear! We're at Big Bear. Liam, Matt set you up. Did you hear me?!"

The line had gone silent for a few moments. Valary spoke into it again. This time in a more frantic, hoarse voice.

"Liam!"She cried softly."Big Bear!"

"I'm on my way. Where's Nicole and Ashlee?"Valary's eyes welled in warm tears at the thought."Valary?"

"Inside."She whimpered."I don't know how they are, but Liam, please hurry. Matt's inside talking to the guys holding them hostage. Please, Liam, please, hurry up. Don't come alone."

"I'll be there soon, Valary."The line went silent for a few seconds before Liam spoke up again."Be careful, Valary. Stay in the car."

Valary put the walky back where it was, just so Matt didn't suspect anything out of her. She was paniced now. The man she married a few years back was more than this. He was more than a greedy man. Matt would never put his family in danger, no matter what the cost. She could only hope that he had gone under cover for the case. Valary looked around the parked car curiously, wondering where she could get out. If anything she wanted to make sure Ashlee and Nicole were okay. She knew where the rooms were in the house, but she didn't know where these men were.

She reached down by her legs, searching through the dark for the handle to the window. It was her best shot, even if she had to climb out of the car. Once she grasped the plastic handle, she twisted it repeatedly, making sure the window came down quickly. She needed to get out and fast. As the window came down all the way, Valary unhooked her seat beat and pushed herself through. Her hands slid much to her disadvantage against the sheet metal, but within a few seconds, she landed chest first into the dirt. She quickly got to her feet and made her way to one of the front windows.

Valary snuck up quietly and peeked in through the window on the front porch. Matt and a few men stood in the living room, arguing loudly against eachother. She stayed for only a moment before walking around to the back of the cabin. There was a back door that led out to the small stream, where Matt and Liam used to sit and fish. Valary swallowed hard as she came up to the door. She wanted to push open the door and grab both Nicole and Ashlee, but she knew that wasn't possible right now. Much to her dismay, she took a hold on the silver handle and pried the door open slowly.

She peeked her head through the door and upon seeing no one, proceeded to walk toward the first room on her right. Valary tip toed as quiet as she could, making sure she didn't attract any unwanted attention to herself. She jumped as a loud bang occured in the living room and the shuffling of feet filled her ears. They must have been ready to get physical, but once the footsteps stopped, arguing followed after it. They continued to get louder as she reached up for the door handle. She stopped quickly as the handle turned and choked on her breath. As the door swung open, she got a clear view of Ashlee.

She was asleep on the bed, her thumb pressed between her tiny lips. Valary's gaze turned up as a man stepped out. He towered over Valary's medium height frame. His lips curled into a devious smirk as he crossed his arms over his chest. She knew this man and she knew his picture well. This was Rev. In a vile chuckle, he spat, "Why hello, darlin'."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's horribley short, but it's just a filler. :)