Ransom

Who's In Charge Now?

Liam stood outside Big Bear, waiting patiently for any sort of reply. He wasn't necesarrily expecting one, but he couldn't help but hope. He could see a commotion going on in the living room, but the shadows dancing on the wall gave him no facial features. He wasn't sure who was in there, but two men were fighting it out. He gripped the megaphone tightly within his fingers, growling lowly when he went unnoticed. His heart nearly shattered when a tiny silhouette danced across the side of the house. The megaphone in his hands pattered against the dirt floor when he realized who it was.

His men rose their weapons, ready to shoot when this person came into their view. Liam angrily flared his arms, shouting at his men to lower their guns. Liam's feet forced him forward and toward the small shadow, that was increasingly growing closer. He met it half way across the yard. When Ashlee came into view, his heart nearly sank to the floor. Liam's eyes welled up in salty tears as he pulled his little girl into his grasp. It had been so long since he could stroke's his baby girl's hair back and out of her eyes. Ashlee began crying, shaking and hugging him terribley tight.

Liam fell to his knees, pulling his daughter tight into his chest. He placed his face into the nape of her neck and started crying, knowing his three year old was perfectly safe. He was going to have her checked over one hundred percent by paramedics, but at this point in time, he could only hold her. Ashlee cried out his name over and over, shattering his heart into tiny pieces. There was only one other woman in that house he needed to have his life complete, but he knew Valary risked her life for them as well. He would pull Valary and Nicole from the house dead or alive, just to make peace with himself.

"Ashlee, baby, are you okay?"Liam pulled away from his little girl, who shivered under the cool night breeze.

Liam snaked his Officer's coat from his shoulders and wrapped Ashlee tightly in it. He brushed back her dirty and greasy hair, cooing her softly.

"I love you, baby. Where's mommy? Where's Mama?"Ashlee looked toward the house, which set Liam into over drive.

Liam crawled to his aching feet and marched his way toward the patrol cars. He opened his car door and sat Ashlee down on the seat. He looked toward his men, yelling out for a bottle of water. When he recieved just that, he popped it open and helped Ashlee drink from it.

"Don't worry baby, we'll go get mommy."He whimpered."You stay right here. Daddy will be right - "

"No!"Ashlee began to cry, but he couldn't blame her.

He had been out of her life for too long now. As much as he didn't want to leave her, he had to in order to save Valary and Nicole.

"Daddy's gonna go get mommy, sweetheart. You drink your water, okay?"Liam wiped at his eyes as Ashlee nodded her head in agreement."You stay right here. Uncle Frank is going to watch you while I go get mommy."

Liam pulled away from the door and gave Frank a stern look.

"You watch her. Whatever moves that doesn't have a badge, fucking shoot it."He growled.

He turned toward the rest of his men, shouting, "The rest of you, circle the house! You three are with me!"

Liam pulled out his glock, aiming it directly at the front door. Liam and two other men made their way to the house, where shouting and thuds became clearer. Liam began slamming his fist down on the screen door, shouting out that he was the police. He wasted no time in guiding his size eleven boot into the screen. The three of them melted into the house, aiming their weapons in every direction. Liam went first into the living room, where he saw Matt and another large man, throwing fists in every direction.

"Freeze motherfuckers!"Matt's bruised eyes looked in his direction, but he wasn't happy in the least bit.

The larger man looked up at the three of them, a bloody, cracked smile crawling along his lips. He reached to the hem of his jeans for what Liam thought to be a weapon, forcing his finger to trace and pull the trigger multiple times. The large man collided back into the wall before tumbling unconcious to the ground. Matt went to get to his feet, but Liam kicked his foot into his jaw.

"Stay down motherfucker."Liam spat.

"What are you talking about, Liam? I'm here for Nicole and Valary."Matt pleaded."I got ambushed."

"You were my best man!"Liam shouted."My best man at my wedding! My daughters godfather!"

Liam brought his foot down once again, but the two officer's pulled him away, in fear he would kill him. Liam was only on a blood lust now, so death in his eyes was only a blessing to these monsters. When Liam calmed down slightly, he turned toward the second officer.

"Cuff him. Make sure he doesn't lay another filthy finger on my daughter."Liam watched as Matt's pleading eyes followed him through the living room.

Liam came across an open door, but what he found pooling around the frame only made his heart skip a beat. The thick, crimson liquid poured out along the door as he grew closer and closer. He turned the corner fast, aiming the gun in every direction. A small man lie on the floor, blood staining every bit of clothing he owned. Liam placed a hand over his face at the rotting smell. He was surely dead and he could only hope that the other men were in the same position as him. Liam snaked his way to the next room, where he took in a deep breath.

He had four bullets left in his magazine and he needed to make them count. He turned the corner quickly, aiming his glock at four people. His hands shook when he realized who was in the way of the barrel of his gun. He swallowed hard, watching as Nicole and Valary pushed and shoved against two cruel, vile men. A green eyed man kept Valary in place, a silver knife pressed tight up against her throat. A low growl formed at the bottom of Liam's throat when his eyes came along the tall, monsterous man dubbed Rev. He was almost choking Nicole with a large hunting knife.

"Who's in charge now, pig?"Rev's chuckles met the hallows of Liam's ears.

He could only pray that these men didn't go through with their thoughts. Something was telling him that he only had a few seconds to pull off his heroic move. But then again, he would only be able to save one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou guys for commenting and subscribing! :D