Ransom

Ashlee

These men didn't want just sixty thousand dollars out of our account. They wanted one hundred thousand, half of our life savings, and they got just that. Not only did they now have the money in hand, but they retrieted back on a promise I was given before hand. I was promised Ashlee and my life safe and sound back home. Yet now that the cash sat in their laps, they wanted to continue playing their cruel games. I watched from the front seat as the roads twisted and turned, leading us further and further in the deep rooted woods of California. We had just left Huntington Beach, so we weren't too far from home. If they kept going, then I would be lost.

"Where are we going?"I whispered.

My eyes never left the road as Syn chuckled lowly. He thought that this ransom game was fun, knowing he could have complete control over me at any time he wanted. I don't know what these men were capable of and I was afraid to find out.

"Home."He stepped onto the gas pedal, forcing us to reach a high ninety miles an hour.

I shrunk back into my seat as he took rough turns, making my stomach flip over multiple times. I let out a loud whimper as hands clasped themselves over my eyes. I didn't move, afraid that I would face a bad consiquence if I didn't obey.

"You're probably the best capture we've ever had. No screaming, no fighting, no yelling."Vengeance laughed quietly in my ear."I think I like you."

I think I like you. It rambled through my brain multiple times, making me feel sick to my stomach. I just wanted to reach this house so I could get even a glimpse of Ashlee.

"Will I see my daughter?"I asked.

"We'll find out when we get there."Syn slowed down severely, making a sharp turn onto an unpaved road.

The short drive was bumpy and unpleasent, but within a few moments the van came to a slow stop. Vengeance uncovered my eyes, revealing a small little country house. It seemed like a nice place for a couple who wanted peace and quiet. Nothing for men that went against the law. Syn looked in my direction, letting the corners of his lips to pull into a smirk. He leaned forward, still keeping his strong stature and said, "No yelling, no fighting. Nothing that you would regret doing. This is for your daughter's sake. Be careful about the decisions you make, Nicole."

I swallowed hard, nodding my head slowly in agreement. Vengeance and the smaller man out of the group opened the sliding door, jumping out and slamming it shut behind them. Syn reached back in his seat after retrieving his cigarettes and jumped from the driver's side. I reached for the door handle, but my door was pulled open rather quickly. The shorter man stood there with a devilish grin pressed tight against his lips. He stepped back after looking me over, allowing me to get out of the car. As I got to my feet, I straightened out my short dress, making sure to pull it down as much as possible.

"You look good, Mama."Vengeance took a tight hold on my upper arm, forcing me to follow after them.

I tried to pull from his grasp, metioning that I was more than capable of walking in myself, but he failed to listen to me. As we grew closer to the front door, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach rise up and into my throat. I wanted to see Ashlee and see her now. Syn walked in first, followed by the short man, then Vengeance and I. I yanked my arm from Vengeance's grasp as we walked in and I failed to notice the two people standing in the hall. I turned, finding Rev and Ashlee in my sight. My heart dropped as she began to whimper and cry for me.

She tried to run toward me, tears welled in her chocolate orbs, but Rev kept a good grip on her arms. As quick as I had grown upset, my blood began to boil, sending me into a fury. I launched myself forward, but was kept back by Vengeance rather quickly. His tight grip on my upper arms only fueled my fire. I tried to reach out for my daughter as she cried out for me. Quickly, I said, "It's okay, baby! Ashlee! Ashlee! It's okay baby! This is just a silly game! Ashlee, sweet -"

"Stop fighting."Vengeance's low growls forced me to freeze where I was.

Syn motioned for Rev to leave, but as soon as Vengeance's grasp fell, I ran toward the two. I quickly scathed past Syn and the short man, reaching Ashlee in a few strides. I forced her from Rev's hold and fell to my knees, pulling her tight into my chest.

"Ashlee, baby, it's okay."I whimpered.

Tears stung at my eyes as Rev wrapped a tight arm around my neck from behind. I refused to release Ashlee, no matter how much the short man pulled at her. Just hearing the word mama made me that much more upset. The short man eventually pulled Ashlee away from me, which forced her to start screaming.

"Shutup!"He walked her away from me.

"Don't yell at her!"I reached forward, wanting to follow after tham, but Rev tightened his grip on my windpipe.

With little effort, he pulled me to a standing position. I clawed at his inked arm, but I couldn't get him to loosen up. The tears in my eyes began to free fall as I gasped for air. No oxygen was reaching my lungs and it was making me weak at the knees. In a cool, calming voice, Rev said, "Calm down, Nicole. If I don't let go soon you will pass out. Stop resisting and I'll let you go."

Vengeance and Syn watched with amusement in their eyes. Rev grunted slightly when I brought my elbow back into his ribs. I opened my mouth to gasp when he tightened his hold more. It was just pressure on my neck anymore - it was painful as well.

"Someone looks like they're getting tired."Vengeance smirked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I could hear Ashlee's cries coming from the other room. I was panicing now. I didn't know what to do. My hands loosened on Rev's arm as I grew light headed and weak. My knees began to buckle before they gave out. Rev followed me down and knelt on one knee. He suddenly let go at the last second, allowing me to breath once again. I fell against the carpetted floor, bringing a weak hand to my sore throat. Syn lit a cigarette before stating, "Watch Nicole. I'm going to call Shadows and tell him the new plan."

Shadows. I cringed at the man's name. He must have been the man in control. He was going to be utterly surprised when Syn told him the new plan. I gasped quietly as Rev brushed a few stray strands of hair from my face.

"You can't out fight any of us, Nicole. Just do what you're told and things will go nice and smooth."He let a smile come to his lips before adding, "You clean up nicely, Mama."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou to those who commented && subscribed!
You guys kick ass :D