Status: Active(:

Unexpected Plans

Far More Shocking than Anything I Ever Knew, Right on Cue

It had been about four months since Adar and I had become mates and we were rather settled into our life together. We were still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship though. It was pretty great, we were both very happy. But around that time something started to feel amiss, I felt weird like I had the flu. I brushed it off as stress from trying to learn all of the more advance things Adar was teaching me to do with my powers. But boy was I naïve.

 "Alrighty, I know you can create a huge wave, you've done it before. Just don't get so flustered and concentrate on nothing but making that wave." He said as I yet again couldn't get the water to even make the tinniest ripple.

 "That's what I'm doing damn it!" I yelled at him, finally snapping. Next thing I knew, it wasn't a wave of water but rather one of fire that shot out at Adar. "I honestly have no clue where that came from! Are you okay honey?" I cried out fearful that I had hurt him with the fire.

 "I'm fine, I'm a fire demon, remember?"  He grinned at me. "However, something tells me that we have some much bigger issues to worry about than you making a wave right now." He said, never losing that smile of his.

 "What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned, scared that something too big was heading our way.

 "You just used fire as a fire demon would, you didn't harness my powers so you must be pregnant and have harnessed the baby's powers." He explained, bouncing over to me and enveloping me in a ginormous hug, lifting me up off my feet and twirling me around in circles.

 "What?!" I screamed, surprised that this could have happened so soon. "I'm only 18 for heaven's sake! I'm not ready for this! There's no way this could happen now, we have been mates for four months and still have Damian to worry about!" I choked out before beginning to cry uncontrollably on his shoulder. I wasn't ready for a baby, I was still just a teenager and still trying to adjust to my new lifestyle. I was too scared of ruining the kid's life.

 "We'll get through this sweetie, and as for Damian, he'll never be able to hurt you or our baby. I'll see to that." Adar soothingly rubbed my shoulders after pulling me into his lap. "And there's something I should have told you to begin with, but I didn't want to scare you. Damian is my younger brother, but I am nothing like him. I would never do anything to hurt you or the baby, you can trust me. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you that fact earlier, but it doesn't change who I am or how I feel about you." 

 "You can't choose your family, nor are you responsible for their actions." I said quietly. "But is he more likely to come after us now that I'm going to have the baby?" 

 "Unfortunately yes, but I have done everything I can to teach you how to be protected and I will personally protect both of you." He said sincerely as he hugged me to him. "And also, during a normal demon pregnancy, the mother can tap into the baby's powers if needed for protection." 

 "Well then, let's just try and make it through this." I said, leaning back against him, not wanting to get up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the chapter as promised!(: Sorry it's so short, I was helping my bf study for Precal. I'm working on the next chapter and have it half way done(:
Title song credit- "Can't Stop" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers