Status: keep reading!!!

The Kids From Yesterday

The Ghost of Her

(Elena P.O.V.)
I couldn't help but feel happy for my mother. I know it sounds like an insane thing to say but she wasn't in pain. HE couldn't hurt her anymore... But he COULD hurt me. I don't know what I'm going to do. If death was the only escape would suicide really be that wrong? There was one thing that kept me from doing it as soon as I got home. I love my friends, but they would have each other. The one thing that's basically keeping me alive is curiosity. After my mom died I found a note in my room. On the note were the words 'I sent a guardian angel to save you' written in my mother’s hand writing. Who could save me? I didn't know what it meant but it gave me hope. There was also mystery keeping me alive. I still wanted to know who my father was. I don't care if I never meet him. All I want is a name.
I once asked my mom about him. I told her that I was old enough to know and that she didn't have to tell me who is he was just things about him and why he wasn't around. She agreed. She told me he was a great man. They had met in art school. She told me how they had fallen in love. She also told me why he wasn't around. One night she was drunk and 'wasn't thinking clearly' as she put it, and my father caught her and some guy in their apartment that night. She told me she would have done anything to take that night back, but… she couldn't. He was heartbroken. And that was the end of their relationship. A week later she found out that she was pregnant with me. The next day she left that town and my father. She didn't want to ruin his life and dreams with a baby, especially after what she had done to her. I understood. She told me I looked exactly like him. I asked if she had a picture of him that could see. She paused to think for a minute. She then got up and left the room. About a minute later she came back with a sketch book and handed it to me saying that I could have it. It was my prized possession. They were all black and white and most were different almost a different person in each picture even though it was the same man. But it was MY father.
The next time I looked out the window I saw that we were here, At the cemetery. Chairs were set up under a tent next to a closed coffin. 'My mother is in there' was all I could think as I took my seat. more people started to show up. I didn't pay any attention to who was there. All I noticed is we were all in black. The ceremony then started. Some pastor I had never seen before started speaking. Did he even KNOW my mom? Did ANYONE? If they knew her at all then how could they of not known how much pain she was in? Why didn't anyone stop HIM or try to save us? The preacher signaled for me to come and speak about my mother. So I did. While I was speaking I looked straight ahead. And spoke almost like I was on auto pilot. Something colorful caught my eye. About 30 yards from the tent stood a man. He was dressed in a black suit. With a black dress shirt. This made his hair stand out even more. It was bright red almost pink. Maybe he was lost. He defiantly didn't fit in with anyone else here except maybe… me. When I finished talking I went and sat down even though everyone else had stood up to sing a hymn that I knew my mother hadn't heard before. When they were done they opened the coffin so people could say 'goodbye'. I was in the front row so as soon as I looked up I saw her. I couldn't move. For the first time since I could remember she looked peaceful. But… she was also frozen. Lifeless. This wasn't her. Even when she was bruised and defeated she always had some life in her. By the time I finally got up most people had gone. I had earlier heard people say she was sleeping. She wasn't sleeping. She looked dead. Ha-ha… she is…. One single tear fell. Before I could move a finger, a black leather finger wiped the tear away. I looked up to see the man with the red hair. He looked familiar but I didn't know why.
"Thanks. Do I know you?" I asked
"I don't think so. I'm in a band called my chemical romance.” He said with slight hope in his voice. But that hope soon dropped when my expression didn’t change. “But something tells me that doesn't mean anything to you. I was also really close to your mom. We went to art school together. My name is Gerard." He said with a sad smile on his face. It was a forced smile but I could tell a part of him WAS genuinely happy it was just that another part of him was also very sad.
"Then you’re right, I don’t know you.” I answered back. I didn't really listen to music. So even if I had heard his band I wouldn’t of known it. And the only time I had ever heard my mom talk about art school was when she told me about my dad. I didn't even know what school she went to.
He then took in a deep sigh.
"A few days ago I got a letter from your mother and she told me something that I found hard to believe before today. She wants me to give the letter to you. I don't know how much you know, but this should tell you everything. When you finish reading it, call me… if you want to." He looked like he desperately wanted to tell me more but some invisible force was literally keeping his lips from saying it. He then handed me an envelope. "She told me to tell you to make sure your step father doesn't know about it." He said with a frown. I shuddered at the mention of my step father. Tonight would be hell. He must of noticed.
"Actually I don't care if you hate me after you read the letter. STILL call me. You have no idea how much I hate that I have to let you go back with him." He said with an expression that I could tell wasn't natural to be on his face. It was anger. I could tell he knew. I had to make something up. I couldn't get him involved.
"I’ll be fine. He hasn't done anything ever since my mom died. He keeps apologizing. I’ll be fine for tonight." I said. I actually DID want him to get involved. But not like this. He could call the cops or something. But if my step father expected someone knew… I couldn't even think of what would happen. He looked at me with uncertain eyes. It looked like he was about to say something but then I heard my step father scream my name. I hid the letter in my jacket. Told him I'd call him and walked towards my step father. As I was walking, it started to rain. I looked back to the tent to see the red haired man, Gerard, standing next to my mother’s coffin. It looked like he was crying but I couldn't tell because of the rain. But what I saw next I knew was real. He leaned over the coffin and kissed my mother on the cheek. No one else had even touched her. Before I could think about it any longer I was at the car. As we drove away I thought entered my mind. 'My life will never be the same' it was true in so many ways. Some of them I didn't even know about.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this one is more likable in size. Just so you know, EVERYTHING about the real my chemical romance will be the same in here. So… that means….. the band is up ahead and…. LYN-Z and LADY B!
Tell me what you think! Reviews are like energy drinks for me! They help me get chapters up quicker… but if you don't review ill still put it up it just may take me little longer.
Keep being MCRmy strong!
~19MyFictionalRomance95