Sequel: Visit

Vampiric Visits

Prologue: Unexpected Visit

Tossing and turning, attempting to fall into the arms of my dreams, I found that tonight would definitely be an extremely restless one. I dreaded the moment that the sun would rise, signaling my mother to walk through my bedroom door and tell me to wake up; even though I would not have slept much at all. I shut my eyes as tightly as I could and prayed that sleep would take me.

As the minutes crawled by like hours, I realized that I definitely would not get any sleep any time soon. My eyes flew back open, and I turned back onto my right side to grab at my clock. The time was 11:30, just half an hour from midnight. A despairing sigh escaped my chest, and I threw my clock to the ground. A pale hand then reached out and picked up the clock, startling me.

"That wasn't very nice," a voice thick with an accent I could not place scolded me. "You could have broken such a beautiful invention."

My eyes took their time admiring him, following the hand up the corresponding arm, where a folded sleeve hid the rest from the elbow and up. His white button-down had a few buttons undone, and the pale skin of his collar bone was exposed. I noticed the burning-red tattoo on the left side of his neck then.

"It is rather impolite to stare," the man shifted uncomfortably, pulling his shirt collar up to cover the strange marking on his neck.

His hair- so blond that it was almost white- hung loosely and straight about his shoulders. His eyes were green and blue at the same time, and the pupil of his left eye was cat-like and completely white, six tiny red dots surrounding the strange sight. I noticed fangs poking out from his lips, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Obsess over vampires much?" He was before me the instant the question left my lips, my clock returned to its position on my night stand, and his rather slender fingers pressed roughly into my shoulders. A gasp echoed from me. This man was dangerous, my instincts told me.

"Young girl, I do not obsess over such things," he growled, his teeth clenched and his jaw set tight. "If I had another choice, I would rather have been an Agorastien. You do not know how horrid it is to have to feed on blood every night." He pulled away, grabbing the clock again, and I was left speechless for a few moments.

Was he actually a vampire? Vampires didn't exist, so he couldn't be one. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You don't honestly think that you're a vampire, do you?" I asked him, a disbelieving tone evident in my voice. A low growl sounded from him, and I gulped. "Hey, freak... If you leave my room quietly without a fight in thirty seconds and never return, I won't tell my mom that you were ever here."

"You're not in any position to be striking deals," he turned, the burning anger in his eyes sending a shiver of fear down my spine. "I am a vampire, and I will feed on you whether you like it or not." He stepped closer once again and I tried to scream, but he covered my mouth with his open palm. "If you'll promise not to scream, I'll promise not to kill you. Have I made myself clear?"

I nodded quickly, his hand still over my mouth.

"Do you promise not to scream...?" He pulled his hand a few inches away then.

"I promise," I whispered weakly.

"Then I won't have to kill you," and his lips were suddenly on my neck, a rough yet soft sensation. His sharp teeth were pressing lightly into my neck...

I had to bight back a scream at the pain of his teeth puncturing my skin, digging deeply into my throat. I gripped roughly at his shoulders, trying to push him off, but his arms wrapped around me like a snake, crushing me to him and preventing any escape.

"Stop it!" my voice grew weak halfway through.

With his first pull of my blood, a new sensation rocketed through me. A loud, still pain-filled cry escaped my throat, and he drank along with each beat of my heart. Almost uncomfortable warmth spread through me, and I bit down hard on the dangerous man's shoulder. A groan rumbled deep in his chest. Blood rushed to my cheeks, warming them up a considerable amount.

As time ticked slowly by, the world began to swim and fade to black.

Good night, dear Nagostien, his voice echoed in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you're thinking: "Ooh, sexy vampire! They're so totally going to do it!"
Well, you're wrong. These two are not at all going to have much romance going on between them.
I won't spoil anything more. Hope you enjoyed! Feedback is much appreciated.