Sequel: Visit

Vampiric Visits

Chapter one: A Sorrowful Truth

"Clarice, you need to start paying more attention in class! Ah, Robert, put that down!"

The sound of quiet laughter from some of the boys in my class reached my ears as I sat in the back by an open window. Miss Campbell did her best to get all of her students to continue paying attention to what she was trying to teach, but it was a Friday afternoon and the last class of the day, and summer vacation would start in three weeks.

I smiled as I felt a nice, cool breeze roll against the bare skin of my arms.

"Anna, what are you doing after school today?" May's voice caused my gaze to drift toward the right, where she was seated next to me. I sucked in a long, deep breath and released it just as slowly.

"I have no idea..." I replied, resting my chin against my palm. "I might still be grounded, but my mom may have forgotten about the incident..." May let out a small giggle at the thought of what happened.

"How about you come over to my house?" she suggested, chewing her gum more quickly in excitement. "We could hang out, watch movies, and talk about boys... Do you think you'd be able to spend the night?" I laughed at her rushed words.

"I'd love to come over, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to spend the night. My mom needs me to look after my sisters early tomorrow, remember?" I glanced at the clock at the front of the room as I spoke.

Hanging out with May would be fine, but what if creepy vampire-boy came around while I was at her house? Would he attack May?

"Well, that's disappointing; I did forget about that..." she let out a sad huff of breath, her blond curls bouncing away from her face. "So, what movie should we watch?"

As soon as the question slipped out, the bell rang. We gathered our books, standing up and making our way toward the door of the classroom. Quite a few other students left the classroom before May and I came to stop in front of the door.

"Don't look now, but Jack appears as if you want to talk to you!" May whispered with excitement dripping from her words. I glanced over my shoulder to find that the dark-haired, blue-eyed young man was in fact staring straight at me as he walked closer. "I'll catch you later!" May dashed off before I could beg her to stay.

"Hi, um, Anna?" he asked, smiling a lop-sided smile and raising his eyebrows, shifting his books over to his left arm.

"Y-yes?" I gasped out, my heart racing.

"You're blocking the doorway." My heart sunk, and I stepped aside to allow him passage. As he stepped through the door, Janet and her annoying group of friends walked over to me.

"Aw, poor you! Did you think he'd fall to his knees and confess his undying love for you?" she asked, and her friends burst into laughter. I sucked in an angry breath as more students left the classroom. "Fat chance!" And then she and her friends left.

I let out a sad sigh, leaning back against the wall and sliding down against it while more students exited the room.

"Hey, Anna," I looked up to see Alex, one of the most kind homosexual males you'd ever meet. I smiled, looking into his beautiful, crystal-blue eyes. "Are you alright?" he asked, concern written all over his face.

"Oh, yeah," I nodded, standing back up straight. "I'm fine; just a little tired." My hand flew up to the left side of my neck at the thought of the reason to my exhaustion.

"Are you sure?" he asked, leaning over as if he could see through my fingers and be able to learn what was wrong with my neck. I laughed lightly. He wouldn't be able to see; the marks from last night were gone. "Do you have a hickey there or something?" he pried my fingers away, revealing my seemingly untouched neck.

"No, silly," I poked his side. "It's just a little sore..."

"Well, I don't see anything there, but I do know that a hickey can leave you feeling sore," he nodded, backing away. "Well, take care, and have a great weekend!" I nodded again as he left the room, touching my neck lightly with my fingertips again.

You certainly couldn't see any evidence of a vampire bite, unless you looked close enough, but you could feel the light indentations from the fangs of that dangerous man. A small sigh rushed past my lips, and I pushed aside all thoughts of vampires as I turned and began my journey to my locker.

"What took you so long?" May asked when I arrived. "Did anything happen?"

"Yeah, I blocked the exit of the classroom," I sighed, pulling my locker open and shoving my books inside. "Jack's not interested in me, May. Come on, we all know that." May pouted as I pulled my bag from my locker, closing the door again.

"I still believe there's a chance," she muttered while I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Belief is completely different from fact," I scolded her as we began walking toward the exit of the building.

"I don't care; a girl is allowed to have her fantasies," she ceased pouting, deciding to smile instead. "So, are you coming over or not, and what movie are we going to watch?"

"You ask as if you know for a fact that I'm coming over," I laughed at her sudden change of topic. "Yes, I'll be coming over no matter what my mom says. I have mastered the art of sneaking out, as you know so well."

"Ah, yes. And we can talk about boys who aren't Jack!" she clasped her hands together happily.

"Yes, because I definitely need to talk about more boys," I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, you most certainly do!" May laughed as we came closer to the school gate outside of the building. "Are you excited, then?"

"Yes, very excited; I can't wait to visit your house just as I do almost every day and talk about boys," I rolled my eyes again as I spoke. Releasing a sigh and stepping in front of me, May grabbed me by the shoulders. There was a stern look in her eyes as we came to a halt.

"Look, I know that finding a guy is not everything, but it is pretty damn important. Do you want a future husband?"

"A man, yes, but not a boy."

"They are men, though!"

"They are extremely young, sex-crazed teenagers! That's all they are at this age!" May stuck out her lower lip in a pout, letting go of my shoulders and crossing her arms.

"Derek isn't like that..."

"Alright, so there are still the very few not sex-crazed bastards out there. I'm not going to find Mr. Right anytime soon, May." The disappointed expression on her face made me sigh. "We can still talk about boys, yeah? Come on, let's get going."

May let her arms drop back to her sides, and she nodded as we began walking again. As we passed through the gate, I began to wonder what the rest of the personality of Mister Vampire was like.

We walked to my house in silence, and I told May to wait outside as I darted inside.

"Mom!" I yelled out, dropping my bag onto the couch. "I'm going to hang out with May, okay? I'll be back by eight!"

"Alright, but remember that you have to babysit your sisters tomorrow!" she called back from somewhere further in the house. I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't forgotten! Bye!" I darted quickly back out of the house, checking to make sure I had my house key just in case I got locked out.

"Let's go!" I grabbed May's wrist and practically dragged her all the way to her house, making small conversation about how much of a hassle little kids were; even if they were little cuties.

"So, how late are you staying over?" she asked as we stepped into her house, dropping her bag near the coat rack and leading me into her kitchen. "I was thinking that we could share some macaroni for dinner."

"Well, I said I'd be back by eight, so that sounds just fine to me," I plopped down in a stool around the island counter.

"Are you sure that your mom won't object?" she asked while she pulled a bag of popcorn from a cupboard. I nodded lightly, licking my lips at the thought of the delicious, buttery flavor of the popcorn.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind if I ate dinner here," as the stool I was seated in had a seat that could rotate, I began to spin around in it slowly. "Besides, no one can pass up the chance to enjoy some delicious macaroni!"

Laughter filled the room, and we eventually sat down to watch the movie Avatar. I found myself wishing I could live on a planet like Pandora.

Time flew by rather quickly; jokes were made and boys were discussed as the movie was forgotten. Eventually, eight rolled around and I had to leave.

"Thanks for having me over," I said to May. "I had a lot of fun; maybe I could spend the night next time?"

"That would be great!" May exclaimed, smiling brightly and clasping her hands together while I pulled the front door open. "Maybe we could work out a plan to get you a boyfriend, as well...?" I let out a sigh, placing a hand on my hip.

"I don't need a boyfriend, May. If you're obsessing over this so much, maybe you should get a boyfriend," I patted her shoulder.

"Well, I... There's Derek, and I do like him, but he already has a girlfriend." A sad expression covered her face and her gaze dropped to the floor. "They look like their planning a future together, too."

"I'm sorry, May," I mumbled apologetically. She smiled weakly up at me.

"It's okay,Anna; I'll be fine. Thanks for coming over." I nodded, and we exchanged short goodbyes before I walked out the door.

I could feel a strange pair of eyes on me as soon as the door was shut behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate this chapter, but I love the title of the next one: The Stalker. (Insert hysterical laughter here.)
Pardon any mistakes, I'm ill as I type this up. (I have realized that I made quite a few mistakes while writing this, too, and fixed them as I typed it up. Wow, I'm silly.)
Feedback is appreciated. (Even if it's to tell me that the chapter was bad.)