Sequel: Visit

Vampiric Visits

Chapter five: One Who Understands

When class ended, May didn't hesitate to ask if Nate would sit with us at lunch. Nate grinned widely and agreed to it. While May didn't have any other classes with me except for the class we shared eighth hour, Nate appeared to share the next three classes with me.

Second hour was awkward at first.

"So, your name is Anna?" he asked as he sat next to me. I only nodded in reply. Nate remained silent for a moment, contemplating something as I began to write random things in my notebook. "That's a pretty name."

"Thank you," I smiled lightly at him for a moment. I saw that strange swirl of glitter in his eyes again then. "Your eyes are really beautiful," I couldn't keep the words from slipping out. A low chuckle left Nate's lips.

"Thank you; yours are, as well," he shifted closer in his seat, suddenly touching my face with his hand and turning my gaze back to his. "I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but your eyes tend to sparkle." My eyes widened.

"I could say the same for your eyes," I muttered, feeling embarrassed and removing his hand from my face. I looked back down at my notebook. There was another long pause as Nate thought.

"I have a secret to tell you," he whispered then. I turned to look at him again, curious, and saw the grin on his face. "But we can save that for later. I'll tell you before we get in line for lunch, Nagostien; make sure we're alone, though."

My eyes widened slightly ore when I heard the name he called me. Was he not human, as well?

"Um, what did you call me?" I asked to make sure I had heard him correctly.

"What do you mean? I called you, 'Anna', didn't I?" he raised his eyebrows, acting confused, but I saw the glint in his eyes that gave him away.

The teacher for the class walked into the room then.

"I'm sorry that I'm late, students," he apologized. "Now, pull out your text books, and we'll..." I tuned him out for a moment as he walked to the front of the room.

"No, I swear, you called me something else before," I told Nate. He smiled again in that dangerous way.

"We'll continue this conversation later."

I remained silent until the bell rang, and when it was evident that we shared the next two classes together, I pressed the matter further.

"It's later now," I told him. That sly smile was still plastered on his face.

"Later still," he responded, and this annoyed me to no end.

When lunch finally rolled around, Nate took my elbow and guided me to a spot where any quiet conversation would not be overheard.

"I'm not sure if you've realized this or not yet," he began, "but neither of us are human." I lifted an eyebrow, trying to act as if I thought he was crazy for telling me this, but with the knowledge of vampires and being called a Nagostien, I figured that maybe he did know, after all.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, my voice wavering a little. A knowing smile crossed over his features.

"The name I called you earlier was 'Nagostien'," he suddenly admitted. I had heard him correctly. "It means Sun Faerie," he continued, "and they- you- are very magical creatures."

"Um, you're telling me this, because...?" I asked him.

"I am an Agorastien, a Moon Faerie," he replied. I stared at him for a few long, silent moments.

"The Nagostien are strictly female, and mate with Agorastien who are strictly male," Gastov's words spun about my head.

"You... are... Are you being serious?" I stumbled over my words for a moment.

"I am being completely serious. You're probably thinking that something like this is impossible, but..."

"I believe you; I just didn't know if you were sure of yourself." Nate let out a small laugh then.

"I am always sure of myself, now let's go get some lunch," I nodded and thought it was a little odd when he slipped his fingers through my own.

"Let's go find May, then," I mumbled, not completely sure of everything myself. Nathaniel led me into the lunch room, and hopped into line just as May did.

"There you two are! I was- oh..." she stopped herself as she saw our linked hands. I coughed lightly, and pulled my hand away. "You'll tell me all about this later, won't you?" she winked and whispered to me.

"There's nothing to tell," I grumbled, grabbing a trey and proceeding through the line.

There wasn't anything to tell her, right? I glanced at Nate who seemed mildly disappointed as he also lifted a trey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written during school. Any errors may be discovered later.
Feedback/comments are appreciated.