Sequel: Visit

Vampiric Visits

Chapter six: Scent

I paced my room that night, only slightly troubled by the sudden appearance of all these strange creatures. Not only that, but I was supposed to be one of those strange creatures. It was all too much to digest; or, at least, it should have been too much. I glanced nervously at the clock that I blamed to be the start of this mess, quickly noting the time.

"10:34," I muttered, "he should be here soon, then." I groaned lightly, running my fingers through my hair, frustration moving slowly through me.

I almost didn't want him to come that night, but I needed to talk to Gastov.

I jumped slightly when I heard my window slide gently open. Gastov was already halfway through the window when I turned to him, and he froze. I raised an eyebrow at him in question as a look of alarm fell over his face. Slowly, he turned to look at me.

"You've met an Agorastien," he whispered in that strange, soothing accent of his.

"I- well, yeah, I have," I shrugged as if it didn't really matter to me. He shut his eyes, a look of discomfort on his face, and finished climbing through the window and into my bedroom. "His name is Nathaniel."

"On such short notice, I do not approve of this," he grumbled, seeming to ignore my words as he shut the window then.

"Well, it's not my fault," I muttered, feeling irked by his sudden strange behavior. "He only just tarted coming to my school today. It is a little weird though, since he's coming so late in the school year."

"Anna, be wary of him; I believe that the Agorastien are planning something, if he truly has just arrived recently."

"Okay, now that's just crazy talk. Gastov, there's no way-"

"Anna, this would not be the first time that they have done something like this," he opened his eyes again, and I noted that, similar to Nate's, there was a small swirl of glitter in them. They didn't glitter to the extent that Nate's did, though. "The Agorastien are aggressive and possessive, and I am not saying this just because I don't approve of him, I'm-"

"What gives you the right to judge everyone without even having met them even once?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Do not interrupt, Anna. They-"

"No, Gastov. You will answer my question," I placed my hands on my hips as I leaned toward him angrily. "Do you think that just because you're a vampire, you're better than everyone else; that you have the right to place Nathaniel in a bad category? Do you think that just because you stole the eye of a demon, you're suddenly king of the world?"

"I never implied anything to that extent," he said calmly, his gaze suddenly icy. I remained silent for a long while, allowing my wild breathing to calm slightly.

"I did not mean to offend you, Anna," he sighed, seeming a little defeated. "But please, do be cautious around him. Agorastien aren't the nicest Faeries in the world, and I am being completely honest here."

"Humans and vampires have their ugly sides, too," I told him in a harsh tone. "Everyone gets like that." He studied me calmly.

"That is very true," he murmured, his gaze drifting toward the window. "Everyone has their moments."

Silence fell over the room, neither of us speaking for a time. A sigh drifted from Gastov, and a thought suddenly hit me.

"How did you know?"

"How did I know... what?"

"How did you know that I had met an Agorastien?" I corrected my question.

"I could smell him on you," he replied, looking at me again. I turned away as I felt my cheeks grow warm.

"I forgot about your weird abilities," I muttered, "but that is still very disturbing." A low chuckle left Gastov.

"Yes, I'm sure a lot of people would find my capabilities rather unnerving." I rolled my eyes, turning to face him again when I felt the blush leave my cheeks.

"Aren't you going to get on with what you came here for?" I asked him.

"Ah, yes. Not that I don't enjoy your company, but that is my favorite part about my visits." I sat down on the edge of my bed and he moved closer.

"Well, you are a vampire," I rolled my eyes. "That would most likely be my favorite part, too." A wry smile found its way to his lips. "Oh, don't look at me like that; I honestly don't mind."

"Alright," he sighed, closing his eyes for a short moment and then opening them again. "Are you ready, then?"

"Huh, you've never asked me that before," I raised an eyebrow. Another chuckle escaped him. "Yes, I'm ready."

Slowly, he leaned toward me. It may have been my imagination and the fact that I was tired, but he appeared to pause for a moment as his face was in front of mine. My eyes fell shut, and soon enough his lips were on my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was fun to write. I'm going to have a lot of fun writing chapter seven.
(Chapter five and six were both written yesterday, but I did not have time to post them when I got home from school, so now I've posted these two while at school.)
Feedback/comments are very appreciated.