‹ Prequel: Don't You Cry No More
Sequel: Hate
Status: Supernatural Three-Shot.

Can We Get This Back?

We Never Thought, We Used To Know.

Brothers, what can you do with them that you can’t do without? What was I thinking, telling my little brother to get out of my car because he confronted me- actually I wasn't thinking. Dad told me to look after Sammy and here I am kicking him to the curb because he caught me in another lie, pinning the truth on me like I'm some billboard advertisement. I don’t feel like a complete jerk- I am a complete jerk- according to Sam I made a good one.

Of course that’s just me; stubborn and don’t take things serious enough. I make a horrible brother. I obviously don't fit in the category for 'Brother of the Year' award. As irritated as I am with Sam, I know I shouldn’t be. Sam has all the right in the world to be pissed with me right now, so I wouldn't get mad if he decides not to call me or find his way back to me. I should have just told him from the get-go what Dad said, but I didn’t and if I had we would both be in some sleazy cheap motel in Topeka, doing research for this case we just started- barely. Instead, I’m in a mini biker bar at a small town just outside of the crazy ass city- how exciting.

Old country music quietly played in the lonely bar, as I was hunched over my third shot of whiskey; what I really needed was a beer, but according to the bartender they ran out. What kind of bar runs out of beer? -A lousy one, that’s what.

There was a cute, petite blonde sitting in the stool beside me, who had been hinting around about getting out of this place and doing the deed back at her place; for once in my life I turned a gorgeous, jaw-dropping woman down. I had too much on my mind to get laid tonight. Did I really just say that?

“Don’t tell me you’re married,” she shot back after I had told her that tonight wasn’t a good time for me. Her appearance was amused but I could tell she was waiting for me to just say never mind, and walk out of there with her, nonchalant.

I shook my head, chuckling lightly. “Look, I’m sorry. You’re a really attractive woman and any other time I would die to get down and dirty with a woman like you, but-”

“But what?”

As the woman creased her eyebrows in a mystified manner, I just about took her by the hand lead her to the backseat of my car- notice I said 'just about'. “I have a lot of issues going on right now that I need addressed.”

She sighed and nodded briefly with a slight mellow expression across her face. “I see,” she replied calmly, placing a hand on mine and making the sexual tension rise between us. Oh good god... “Is there anything you need to get off your chest right now- you can tell me?”

This girl was kind and considerate, but it was all part of her plan to do things that I could never turn down. Turning her down again would only make me look like a jerk-

I shook my head, taking the last swig of whiskey before standing up from my seat and pulling her hand off of mine. “Thanks, but no thanks. I really need to take care of this on my own.” Like I said, I am a jerk. “Nice talking to you…” And with that I threw a five on the counter for the bartender, walking out casually. A five dollar bill- what was I thinking? Dean Winchester didn’t just make one big mistake- he made two. Never tip the bartender when they claim they ran out of beer, and two would be to never turn away from another woman that’s utterly horny.

Slouching back in my seat of the Impala, my cell phone blew up with the same, usual ringtone. When I took it out of my pocket, Sam’s name flashed up on the screen. Isn’t he mad at me? Why is he even bothering to call? He better not be in trouble or Hell may have my ass. I mean, I am the one responsible for this after all.

“Yeah,” I said casually with a puzzled grin on my face.

“Dean,” a memorable female voice chimed through the phone. My eyes widened as I became more and more baffled by what was going on. I pulled the phone away from my ear, glacing back at the screen to make sure it said 'Sam' and I wasn't losing it.

“Riley, what are you-”

“Don’t worry about that right now. Just get over to Lawrence.” Lawrence? She’s in Lawrence? What was she doing there with Sam’s cell phone?

“Where’s Sam?”

“Sitting next to me and Missouri Mosely's,” she stated, pausing briefly before she let out a small sigh. “I need to talk you and Sam, but I need you present for this to even begin.”

Oh great- you have this appealing woman who we’ve hunted with since we were teenagers appearing out of the blue, wanting to talk with me and Sam. I mean I’m glad to know that Sam was alright, but this whole thing started to worry me a little.

“I’m on my way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 890
A shorter chapter, but hope you still enjoy.
One more to go!