Better than you can imagine

chapter 14

Man, it's hot. I look down, watching my feet as I walk. One foot then the other as they alternate moving forward. It didn't seem this long of a trip on the way to my old house. It really is a small world. Of all places that Gerard could have taken me, he had to choose that alley. It certainly did bring back memories. A lot of memories, but mostly good ones...

I look up from the sidewalk and notice that we're almost at school. We missed lunch, and our afternoon classes, but the bell is about to ring so we'll get home on time. I miss so much class that my teachers won't even miss me.

I've never really noticed until now how vividly our school resembles a prison. I heard that the architect who built it also made many prisons, now that I think about it. The windows are small and almost look like bars are running across them. The front door is not too far from the sidewalk so it's not that big of a deal to walk by the windows. The doors are steel and painted black. In a nutshell, the appearance isn't too inviting, and yet parents gladly send their children to attend it.

I turn my head to glance at Gerard, who is observing the sides of the buildings as we slowly pass them. And to think, he asked me if I was an artist. Maybe he's the one that observes too much... then again, I must be pretty observant to observe that he observes... blah.

The bell rings as we walk up to the school, followed by a rush of students exiting the building. Me and Gerard try to snake through people to safe grounds aside from the crowds surging out, with me leading the way, Gerard holding on to my shoulder.

As more people come out, it's becoming harder to easily weave through without touching anyone. People keep on bumping into me. Then someone bumped into me really hard, making me fall into someone else.

Cory.

"What the fuck? What are you doing? You think you can get in my pants by feeling me up or something? Get out of my face."

"Fucking asshole..." I mutter at a level most people wouldn't hear. Apparently Cory has amazing hearing.

"What did you say? You calling me names, Princess? The only name you should have for me is Master. You have no right to call me anything."

He's still talking. I can't even understand the words coming out of his mouth, I'm so angry. The noises and images surrounding Cory's silhouette blur. All I can see is Cory's mouth moving, his hands wailing in anger at me. I can feel the blood boiling in my veins; the anger rushing to my head.

I think back to all of the things Gerard has said to me.

Do something about it, Frank. Grow a fucking spine. You can't keep taking this shit. There has to be an end to this sometime, otherwise you'll see people like this throughout all of college, work, and the rest of your life.

I narrow my eyes, looking square into his eyes, clenching my fist.

It needs to end now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the long wait. I just started a full time job and I've just gotten used to my new sleeping schedule and everything. I'm really excited for the next chapter. I hope you enjoy this chapter! please comment!! =]