The Beginning and the End

Prologue

Armageddon is like an elaborate ball to the demons. You have the patrons, the fireworks, even the decorations. And don’t forget the king, standing atop the stage with a sinister, wicked smile upon his lips. Yeah, judgment day looms around the corner - the day where Lucifer verses the creator God himself - but until then they’re free, roaming the earth - their ballroom - and wreaking havoc.

It wasn’t much of a surprise to the Bible thumpers, their arrival. It’s written in plain black and white in that novel they live by. But there weren’t nearly enough of them to reach the non-believers, and so when the day came where demons rushed the earth - well, there were plenty of vessels easily acquired. The humans were easy to jump, their bodies warm and cozy. It’s said that the demons don’t like taking humans, possessing them - being them. But who really believes that? After all there cannot be a thing such as destruction if the demons cannot physically cause it.

And with the opening of Hell’s gates, the fall of hail and the eruption of fire, came the destruction of Earth. The end as many knew it. But it also marked a beginning; the beginning of warriors, fighters - people willing to bleed and die for their planet. The cowards call it stupidity, shouting and yelling at their loved ones to stay back, hide in cellars until their food runs out and they die of starvation. But the heroes, they forge on. Sure it means leaving their family, but if leaving their family means saving their family, well, they’ll do it.

They will stand for Earth, their families, humanity.