‹ Prequel: Before You Say I Do

Remember Us

First

Let's just say that the person who was there to pick me up wasn't the person I thought it would be. I mean honestly, this was a guy I saw probably once a week at least, and I still never thought that he'd be there holding a sign with my name on it. Something seemed fishy.

“Greg?” I ask, walking up to him with my luggage.

“Hey Julie.” he says with a smirk.

“don't 'hey Julie' me mister. What the hell are you doing here?” Greggory Henderson, also known as Greg, was a coworker and good friend of Adams while he was in town. Greg was a regular at the bakery before I was even working there and continued to come so I saw him on a weekly basis. I wouldn't exactly say we were friends. Actually, I blame him for making it harder for me to let go. He was a constant reminder of Adam.

“I got a call telling me to pick you up because you'd need someone to talk to and obviously Jon wasn't going to be that person.”

“oh. Okay I guess.”

“so, home, the bakery, or a bar?”

I smile, “the bakery please.” and with that we head out to his car. “wait, why aren't you in Italy?”

he glances over at me looking confused before pulling out of the parking spot. “what do you mean?”

“well, one of your best friends just got married yesterday, I thought you'd be there.”

“ah, well I wasn't exactly supporting the marriage and therefore didn't want to be a groomsman.” He answers.

“who called you?”

“Finn. He didn't say why, just told me to pick you up.” I nod, accepting that answer. “so, what was the reason?” he parked the car next to the bakery and without answering I got out. Greg wasn't far behind me, and followed me into the bakery.

Without a word, I started making a chocolate cake as Greg just stood there, waiting for my answer. I'm sure it was like twenty minutes before I even spoke a word. “he's an asshole.” I comment.

Gregs head shot up from a cookbook he had been reading. “who is?”

I beat at the eggs, “Adam Edwin DiGerlando.”

“oh.”

“I mean, he gets me pregnant six years ago and when he sees me four years later it's like I'm not the girl from before. Sure I changed my hair, my appearance. But the smaller stuff, my likes and my dislikes, my fears, my passions. None of that changed.” I whisk harder, “and then it's all my fault. My fucking fault. I wanted him to finish college and that was MY fault!”

“and now this! 'she told my mom.' so what? Does that mean if I had just told that bitch Jacqueline that Adam impregnated me, he'd have to marry me? I mean, at least I'd be telling the truth!! Stephanie is a manipulating little bitch who shouldn't even be allowed to have a kid let alone marry someone. And to think that after everything! Even after the note I wrote to him explaining all the crap, he still went and married her!!” I stop to take a breath.

“hey, hey. We don't want more salt in the cake.” he comes up behind me and rubs my back in a calming matter. I hadn't even realized I was crying before he said something. Greg pulls me into a hug and the tears came even faster.

“he didn't even chase after.” I mumble into Gregs shirt.

“well then he doesn't deserve you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet you all hate me right now. Did you really think I'd have Adam there at the airport? Goodness.
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
<3 justrealizelife