‹ Prequel: Before You Say I Do

Remember Us

Thirtieth

White Christmas lights led the path to the front, shining in the dark of the night. It was an outdoor wedding, with lights covering every inch of the surrounding trees, and white daisies filling up the center pieces. The most of expensive wedding? Not even close. The classiest? Not that either. Especially with stars cut out by a seven year old hanging along with the lights. But I definitely didn’t care. If Adam had wanted to run off to Vegas and get married with Elvis there, I wouldn’t have cared. I just wanted this to finally be over with.

“mommy! Mommy!” Katie runs into the room, pulling on the hem of my dress.

I smile down at her, “what honey?” I ask politely.

She holds up a flower crown made out of white and blue flowers, “Aunty and I made this for you.” I carefully take it out of her hand and smile up at Jenny who was standing behind her. I set the crown on my head and it fit perfectly with the dress.

“Thank you,” I tell them both, turning so that they can see the after affect.

“I thought you might like something since you weren’t going to wear a veil,” Jenny adds in.

“it’s perfect.” I pick up Katie and hold her on my hip, turning back to the mirror, “where’s Jake?” I ask Katie. Jake was the ring boy who was supposed to be walking down the aisle with her.

She shrugs, “why should I know?”

I sigh and decide not to worry about it. He’d show up at some point…hopefully. The rest of the girls walk in, making sure that everything was ready. I swear those five minutes before it started were the worst five minutes of my life. Actually, the whole day has been terrible since I haven’t been able to see Adam once.

Finally the knock on the door comes and Blake walks into the room. “Well, all you beautiful women ready?”

Dakota grabs my hand, “Actually, I forgot something. So give us just one minute.” She drags me into the bathroom. Once the door’s locked, she hands me a folded up piece of paper.

“what is this?” I ask her, unfolding the creased edges.

“well, remember back when we were teenagers? We made that small bet in which you lost?” I stare at her with my eyes wide open. Yeah, I remember the bet. And I remember what I had to do now that she mentioned it. I stare down at the contract in front of me, with lyrics to the song on the side. “I almost just had you do it at the wedding in Italy, but decided against it then. This is WAY better.”

I take a deep breath, “I can’t believe I’m about to do this at my wedding. But a bets a bet, so, are you ready now?”

She nods eagerly, probably hoping that the vows come sooner rather than later.

After the priest does his whole speech, and Adam reads, or in his case remembers, his vows. Which were way too corny if you ask me. I guess though I can’t complain, since what I’m about to do is a lot worse. Everyone looks to me to say my vows and I smile nervously. Dakota gives me thumbs up and I see Finn frown from the corner of my eye. He must know that his wife is up to something.

I look out to the crowd, “Hey everyone!” I say slightly loud, “so, back when I was a foolish teenager I made this bet with my best friend, Dakota. It was over something silly, like who’d get a better grade on the finals. I know it’s a shocker, but I lost.” Some people in the crowd chuckle and I notice Adam holding in his own laugh. “Anyways, here’s my punishment…” I walk over to the band, which was only about ten feet away, and ask to borrow one of the guitars. After handing one to me, the guy also gives me a stool and I thank him.

Dakota was grinning from ear to ear through all of this while most of the crowd was curious as to what I was about to do. I start strumming the notes:


Yeah, oh
I'm in love

Every time you're near baby
I get kinda crazy in my head for you
And I don't know what to do
And oh baby
I get kinda shaky when they mention you
I just lose my cool

My friends tell me
Somethin has come over me
And I think I know what it is
I think I'm in love

Boy I think that I'm in love with you
Got me doin silly things when it comes to you (in love)
Boy I think that I'm in love with you
(boy I think I'm in love)
I've been telling all of my friends what I feel for you

Just the other night baby
I saw you hangin
You were with your crew
I was with mine too
You took me by surprise
When you turned and looked me in my eyes
Boy you really blew my mind

I don't know what's gotten into me
But I kinda think I know what it is
I think I'm in love

Boy I think that I'm in love with you
Got me doin silly things when it comes to you (in love)
Boy I think that I'm in love with you
(boy I think I'm in love)
I've been telling all of my friends what I feel for you

Boy I think that I'm in love with you
I've been tellin all of my friends what I feel for you

Something strange has come over me
Got me goin out of my mind
Never met a guy like you before
You make me feel special inside
I think I'm in love ¨c boy yeah

Boy I think that I'm in love with you
Got me doin silly things when it comes to you (in love)
Boy I think that I'm in love with you
(boy I think I'm in love)
I've been telling all of my friends what I feel for you

(see I, oh I'm in love with you)
Boy I think that I'm in love with you
Got me doin silly things when it comes to you (goin outta my mind boy)
Boy I think that I'm in love with you (I think I'm in love)
I've been tellin all of my friends what I feel for you

Baby that's why you call my name
You're drivin me insane
Doin silly things for you
I don't know what to do

I think I’m in love with you


By the end of the song, people were laughing and some even started singing along. If I had cared about my wedding at all, I wouldn’t have allowed this to happen. Actually, Dakota wouldn’t have brought it up if she thought I wasn’t going to do it.

I step off the stool and hand the guitar back to the band. When I got back to my standing position, I saw that even the priest was holding in a few chuckles. Adam took my hand and squeezed it a little, “nice song,” he says, smiling.

“well thank you. now, ready to seal the deal?”

The priest coughs, covering up a laugh, and asks for the rings. Jake stumbles up to the front, holding them up. Adam and I quickly slip them onto each others fingers and before the old guy can say his final words, his lips are on mine. Hey, at least I wasn’t the only one eager to get things on the move.

I smile against the kiss when I hear the cheering, and pull away. Some kisses our daughter just doesn’t need to see. Adam picks Katie up into his arms and we walk/run down the aisle.

And this time the running is together. Not just him, and not just me. Finally, everything has worked out for us, at least for now. Who knows how this next kid will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: I think I'm in Love with You by Jessica Simpson

I really want everyone who is reading this to comment. PLEASE? It's the least you can do. I don't know if you're reading it or not unless you tell me so. This is the end btw. I'll be putting up an epilogue in a bit, but yeah, this is it. So, one last time...
COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.BEFRIEND.PROMOTE.
PLEASE.
<3 JUSTREALIZELIFE