Who Knew.

You See I've Forgotten...

“Excuse me, ladies and gentleman; I’ve got two lovely men here waiting for a lovely Grandma to come forward.”

We turned to the makeshift stage and Joe pointed us out and the man handed him the mic.

“I know this isn’t what you had in mind but there’s a reason we’re here tonight, not just to see these two.”

He handed the mic to Gerard and stepped down and walked over to us. The man at the piano began playing a tune and her eyes lit up and a smile illuminated her face as he held out his hand for her to dance. I watched as they smiled at each other and looked lovingly into each other’s eyes, unaware that Gerard was still up on the makeshift stage—until I heard his melodic voice.

Its a little bit funny this feeling inside
I’m not one of those who can easily hide
I don’t have much money but boy if I did
Id buy a big house where we both could live


My eyes locked onto his form as he began to sing a song that meant so much to his grandmother and Joe. I watched as he smiled as he sang the song, his own eyes watching his grandmother be swept off her feet by the man of whose arms she was in.

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
I know its not much but its the best I can do
My gift is my song and this ones for you


A few other couples got up to dance too, all ages too. This was one of my favorite songs, I loved it. So simple yet so meaningful; I kept my gaze between Gerard and his grandparents, a small smile plastered to my lips.

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that its done
I hope you don’t mind
I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you’re in the world


My eyes lingered on Gerard, his own eyes finally meeting my own. His gorgeous smile brightening just because his eyes fell on me; I’ve never felt so special as when I do when I’m with him.

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they’ve got me quite cross
But the suns been quite kind while I wrote this song
Its for people like you that keep it turned on


I glanced back at Joe and grandma, the love they have for each other so evident in their eyes as they looked at each other. I knew in this moment that I wanted that when I was older and I wanted it to be with the boy singing up on the stage.

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I’ve forgotten if they’re green or they’re blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen


Claps were heard as Gerard hopped off the stage and rushed towards me, pulling me into his arms, kissing my forehead.

“Wait for it, watch now.”

We glanced over towards Joe, who had bent down on one knee and was holding one of grandma’s hands as he looked up at her. Gerard moved us closer so we could hear, everyone else was watching intently—realizing what was happening before their very eyes.

“Love, we’ve both been here before, we’ve got wonderful families, but I don’t plan on leaving this place any time soon and I’d be thrilled if you’d spend the rest of our lives with me—what do you say, marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, i get this is random but it holds a part....you'll see! and yeah, that's 'your song' by elton john [one of my favorites!]