Who Knew.

You Took My Hand...

I didn’t know what to say to that so I didn’t say anything. I just lay in Mikey’s arms, clutching to my best friend as if my life depended on it as I drifted off to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I was alone; I glanced at the clock—1:30pm, no wonder I was alone. I heard a soft knock on my door and called a soft ‘yeah’ and my mother’s form entered into my room.

“Hey sweetie, did you have a good night with the guys?”

I sat up and looked down at her; she was sitting at the foot of my bed. I gave her a small nod and an even smaller smile.

“Spill, you’ve always sucked at this lying thing when it comes to me.”

I was glad for the relationship I had with my mother—I could tell her anything and everything; so I did. I told her about how I felt the night I found Gerard at the fair three years ago and how I felt just hearing his voice for the first time in three years. Then how I felt when I finally looked at him; our encounter in the car even.

“Well do you still want to get to know the person he is now? Do you honestly think your peers are right, that the Gerard they knew is long gone?”

“I’m scared to, but I know I want to. I, I mean, it’s Gee, he’s back and he’s alive. Mikey, he, he says I’m the reason Gee came back, why he’s still alive. I’m what he finds worth living for.”

My mom ruffled my hair and smiled at me.

“Frankie, you remember the way Gerard used to look at you?”

I nodded.

“I’ve only ever seen one other person give that look to someone else; it’s the look your father gives to me before he tells me how much he loves me and how much I mean to him. He was so in love with you, he hurt you and he knows it. He hurt you in one of the worst ways; I’m sure he won’t feel in debt of you for saving his life. I’m sure, even if he wasn’t he’s still gladly give his life for yours. Not many people are willing to die for just anyone Frankie. Give him a chance, besides, I’ve invited the Way’s over for dinner. They’ll be here in about—now.”

The door bell interrupted and as my mother shut my door I realized that Mikey and Gerard were going to be here—scratch that, they were here. I scrambled out of bed and threw on the closest decent looking clothes I could find on my floor. Just as I finished putting my belt through the last loop my door burst open and Mikey came barging in.

“Well thanks for knocking; I could’ve been naked for all you knew.”

“I was expecting you to still be asleep actually. I wanted to tickle you awake.”

“I wanted to watch.”

I peeked around Mikey and saw Gerard standing outside my door in the hall.

“You can come in, despite the messy appearance it is rather homey in appeal. Find a seat, I’ve got a bed, a desk and a futon—take your pick.”

Mikey jumped on my bed and Gerard took the desk chair. I plopped on top of Mikey and decided I’d tickle him.

“Not fair!”

His giggles and squeals filled up the absence of noise and before long mine weren’t the only hands tickling Mikey’s sides and stomach. I glanced up and Gerard was like right there; I could lean to the right a little and kiss him perfectly on the cheek—he just so happened to turn at the exact moment. Our hands stopped moving across Mikey’s flesh and our eyes locked. I’m not sure when, but even Mikey’s giggles and squealing subsided and all I could think of was the man right in front of me. **
♠ ♠ ♠
another short one...i'll have more up--hopefully later tonight....sorry but this is more of a filler than anything...and that 'i wanted to tickle you' and 'i wanted to watch' bit, was actually something my friend did to me last year at school...it was about 11:45pm and my bed was by the door, they just barged in and my friend came and stood over me and was like 'dang it, you're still awake, i wanted to tickle you' and my other friend popped out from behind her and was like 'and i just wanted to watch'....college life i tell ya! thanks again for the comments guys!! i'll really try to get some more up tonight!!