Status: Comment For Chapters.

Fool With Dreams

T h e A c k n o w l e d g e m e n t

High school for me was the best part of growing up, it was the time where you meet friends that you’ll know for years to come, friends that stick with you through thick and thin that are in school because they want a decent life, they want a good career, and then there’s those few that are there only because they have too, those that prefer to have a good time, getting smashed and getting laid. That’s all that seemed to be playing in those little pea sized brains of their’s. I, Riley Winters want to actually do well in school, I have straight A’s, 100% attendance and fully engaged, yes that makes me sound like a super geek, but I have a reason for this, this was the mind I was brought up to be in, to think like this, unlike the immature idiots that realm around causing trouble wherever they go, there was one guy though, Aiden Nixon. He played with girls hearts, he’d lose himself to alcohol, he wasn’t the way he should be, and it fascinated me- he fascinated me. I knew nothing could happen between us though, he didn’t even know I existed, never acknowledged my presence. I guess life goes on, right?

The smell of newly painted walls clung to the air like a bad odour, as it always did on the first day back of semester. Crowds of students flocking towards their lockers and to homeroom, some just stood around gossiping about what they had done in the previous week of break, even if they spent all their time together. Stacy Mills, was stood with her little gang of followers, talking about the amazing party that she hosted the first Friday of vacation, but something she said caught my attention.

“You know that hot senior guy, Aiden Nixon? Well you’d never have guessed but we hooked up” she spoke excitedly to the statues that stood in front of her, pretending that they cared.

My heart dropped into my stomach, what were the chances of that happening anyway? They were in the same ‘in’ crowd, they were perfect for each other, though that didn’t stop the hurting feeling that was deep inside. I carried on walking to homeroom, where I took my usual seat beside the window on the second row. I watched as each student walked through the doorway, taking their individual seats, but the next person to walk in I didn’t expect to see. Aiden Nixon. What was he doing in our class?

I could here all the girls gushing about him, it was disturbing to know what they were actually thinking with their dirty minds, but the smirk on his face, that showed his pearl white teeth, the dimples that reside on his cheeks and his dazzling blue eyes, those alone showed a different story, that he craved the attention of every girl. He looked around the room, soaking it all in until his eyes met mine, his smirk dropped into a frown when he noticed I had little interest in him, well that’s what he assumes. I wasn’t sure whether I was fortunate or unfortunate when he decided to make his way towards the empty seat beside me, I could feel the daggers on my back from every girl in the room, I pitied them for being blind from his nature, it was just fortunate about his looks.

“Hello there, pretty lady” he smiled as he took the seat beside mine.

I looked at him, rolling my eyes softly before turning to face the front of the room.

“Not much of a talker, that’s cute…” he said to himself, seeing as I wasn’t paying attention to his mumblings.

I just simply sat there and ignored him, biting the lid of my pen concentrating on what was being taught, when something hit me and fell into my lap. I looked down, picking up the small scrunched up piece of paper, slowly unfolding it out to read whatever was written inside.

Can you stop ignoring me? It’s bad for me ego.

I snorted softly, so only he could hear, I looked at him in the corner of my eye, he was slumped down into his seat, carving into the wooden desk, occasionally looking in my direction, the scowl on his face was priceless when I scrunched up the piece of paper yet again, then flicking it to the floor, a satisfied smile on my face. Which just pissed him off even more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Added more to the chapter, hope you like. It does start off slow, but will get a lot better. Comment&Subscribe pleasee.
Thank-you:)