‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Ten

“Can I wear this?” I walked out the back lounge; noticing only one person was still there. “Oh uh where’s Alex?”

What the fuck did I just say? I saw the immediate anger flash across his face.

“Hi,” he smiled shyly, “Alex already went ahead with his date and since the others already went ahead as well, I decided to take you because I don’t want you to walk alone and it might be cold and this is not a safe area in the dark and maybe so we can talk and you look perfect and I’m sorry Kaser.”

The nickname struck me.

He knows it should be me apologizing to him. So what is going on? Ignore it Kasey, ignore it. I tried to cover up by giggling quietly; Jack is cute. You like him. Smile. Rambling is his nervous habit, remember?

“Thank you,” I grabbed my purse. All the hate from earlier had suddenly vanished. The death stares, the running out and the ignoring.

Jack just nodded and led the way out the bus and towards the A&K bar in Chicago. I haven’t been in the city in forever and made a note to go take some pictures with Zack tomorrow, if he was sober again.

“So did Alex just show up at your house?” Jack randomly asked with a big smile.

I laughed back: “Yeah, I was actually in a discussion with Paula and thought she was ringing my door bell. I was mad at him for showing up.”

“For, let me guess,” he put a finger up, “three minutes?”

“About,” I looked down, “he made me feel bad for leaving… you… ‘just-like-that’ and so yeah-“

“I guess rockstars don’t always get the happy end while telling someone, who he really likes that he’s a rockstar,” Jack looked at me, “and she just accepts the fact and lets everything drop at an instant and just goes with him. Maybe I expected too much.”

We rounded the corner to the A&K bar.

“Maybe she’s just too scared to let everything drop even though she would love to just go with him?” I puckered my lips and just let Jack get me into the bar.

It was crowded as always, but it didn’t take a lot of effort to make out our group of friends. Just before we were about to walk over Jack stopped me.

“You don’t need to be scared, I’ll always be here for you.”

I smiled at Jack and let him take my hand.

The feeling ran through me like electricity, but I liked it, a lot.

Everyone was at the Party and for the first time in a long time, I didn’t think about Alex and I, for once it was just Jack and I.

“Kasey,” Gabe smiled at me after Jack had gotten me a drink, he pulled me into a tight hug, “how have you been?”

“I have been good, missed tour life and such.” I giggled.

“I see you and Jack are getting along.”

I nodded, “I guess maybe I missed him. A lot.”

Gabe chuckled: “You don’t want to know how much he’s missed you as well. Come on, I’ll buy you a drink.”

Gabe and I caught up with everything. The last time I have seen him was on Jack’s Birthday Bash in the summer. That was one crazy night, the night everything went just the way I didn’t want it to.

By now, Victoria, Zack, Rian and Alex S. were surrounding Gabe and I.

“Kaser,” the all-too-familiar voice suddenly startled me from behind.

“Hi,” I smiled at Jack and just Jack.

Was it the alcohol that wanted Jack? The crazy sex I missed? Or did I still love Jack that much?

“I want you to meet Good Charlotte officially.” His face was a little too close and I felt him inching closer, but I knew he cheated on me.

He cheated on me.

“No way! Finally!” I smiled and looked at Joel, Benji, Billy, Paul and Dean.

“Kaser that’s Joel – Benji –“

“Silly, I know who they are. Hey I’m Kasey.” I smiled at them.

Joel was the first to step up and give me a hug: “I know, we’ve heard all about you.”

Then it went in a circle, Benji, Billy, Paul, and Dean. Everyone hugged me as if I’ve had known them forever.

“I really love Cardiology by the way,” I laughed, “and every time I was about to meet you guys-“

“You left before you had the chance too,” Joel finished the sentence.

It was awkwardly silent for a few seconds before Benji broke it and changed subject.

I was way more than thankful because I don’t think neither Jack nor I was ready to face it any time soon.

The later it got, the more trashed I was. The more trashed I was, the more I got jealous of the brunette Alex was trying to get me jealous with.

Drunk or not, I know when he tries to get me jealous. It’s when he looks at me until I look at him and then he makes a move on a slut.

I excused myself from Jack after I’ve seen enough and made my way over to the bathroom.

Why was I getting my panties in a twist over Alex? I am in love with Jack.

But Jack cheated on me, he moved on. Alex, on the other hand, Alex wants me.

Two hands found my hips, turned me around and pressed me up against the wall.

“Kiss me Kasey,” Alex whispered in my ear.

He was kissing down my neck, and back up to meet my lips. I moaned a little when he lifted me up, but I knew this was wrong.

“Alex,” I said firmly, “Alex stop.”

I pulled myself together and pushed him off, Alex looked at me as if I had just told my puppy we weren’t going to go for a walk.

“Alex, this can’t happen anymore. You and I both know how wrong it is. You know I love Jack and that won’t ever change.”

That’s when I saw him, Jack, just standing in the doorway.

“SO IS THIS BOTH OF YOUR FUCKING SECRET?” Jack yelled and I began to cringe, “IS THIS WHO YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH? MY OWN BEST FRIEND? MY BAND MATE?”

The closer he got, the more I cringed towards the floor. Alex began walking towards him.

“ANSWER ME KASEY!”

“It wasn’t just her fault, okay Jack!” Alex put his hand on his chest. “YOU SHOULD HATE ME JUST AS MUCH BECAUSE WE BOTH STARTED IT!”

That’s when Jack hit Alex across the face and I began sobbing.

Jack bolted and I just saw the crowd that had built behind Jack.

Alex came towards me, “You okay Kase? Is everything alright?”

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

Rian showed up. In quick words he explained how Zack left with Jack to make sure everything was okay and that Jack would temporarily stay with GC.

He handed me a whiskey coke, remembering that I didn’t quite deal with people yelling at me. At all.

Great, so Jack did not just know that I cheated, he also now knows I cheated with his best friend. The only thing he doesn't know is that I know he cheated on me first.

Shouldn't he be the one who started this all?