‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Twelve

"Sound check's over!" Alex hollered through the venue a few days later.

We had already passed through Baltimore, visited family and friends. Well I visited Alex’s family only, the rest of the time I spent at the hotel watching stupid TV. We left Baz with Alex’s mom on Monday morning and returned back to the metal bus that noon, to drive back to the central of america. Somewhere, I don't know.

I was currently sitting in the middle of the floor of the venue that would be flooded with hundreds of kids in the matter of hours, just listening to everyone do sound check, since I barely get to see anyone perform at night.

"I say we all go out to dinner," Joel suggested.

"Ditto!" Gabe chipped in.

"I'm game for pizza." Jack announced.

Wait Jack? When did he get here? Just now? Or has he been standing behind me at the soundboard for a while. I didn't dare turn around and look at him.

"Let's go then," Alex fist pounded the air and everyone went to follow.

Gabe grabbed me by my hand and pulled me along, "Crew and friends are coming too."

"But-" I went to protest, but Victoria interrupted me.

"You can sit away from him; we're like thirty people, enough room for you two to sit on opposite sides."

"Urgh," I groaned, "Fine whatever."

I was dreading eating out with everyone. The worst part though is that we went for pizza and I could never regret pizza, no matter how many calories a slice contained or how greasy it was.

I embraced myself on the way there, just eat one slice, one Kasey. But I don't know how this will work out for me.

After a ten minute discussion and a twenty-five minute walk the members of the entire tour over crowdedly sat in a Papa Joe's Italian restaurant, loudly chatting across the four tables.

My table consisted of Rian, Matt, Vinny, Gabe, Ryland, Victoria and Nate; which I tried to order in a way that I wouldn't face Jack, which ended up with Gaskarth basically sitting right in my face and Jack sitting in a position to see Alex and me perfectly. Great.

"Would you just relax?" Rian whispered in my ear, making me jump a little.

I shot him an apologetic look and pulled out my phone.

To RiDawg: Because that's so easy with my ex, who I am uncontrollably in love with, sitting a table over?

Rian pulled out his phone and skimmed over the text before putting it back into his pants.

"So what’s going on with you and Al?" He whispered back.

I looked at Alex as a reflex and caught him starring at me.

"No," I shook my head, “Nothing anymore.”

"What happened with-"

"Are you two going to answer or just whisper dirty secrets back and forth?" Gabe nudged me.

"Why?" I looked to my left, "you jealous I'm not whispering dirty things to you?" I said softly with a slight smile and placed my hands on his knee under the table.

Gabe leaned forward and I felt his hot breath tickle my ear: "I'll show you what you do to me later."

I sucked in a breath, but everyone else, including Gabe started laughing. A smile spread across my lips, a real one for the first time.

"You never answered though," Matt asked Rian and I.

"What?" Rian inquired as I felt my phone vibrate.

From Alex: Should I be worried about you and Saporta?

"The free day before Kasey leaves we should go to an adventure park."

"Oh! I would love to!" I nearly shouted, forgetting we were in a public place and scanned everyone in embarrassment. Most of the band mates were already back in conversations or smiling slightly, "Oops." I said, putting a hand in front of my mouth. Typical example of my behavior problems in public, and thinking before speaking.

My eyes naturally landed on Jack, who was grinning at me widely and our eyes locked for a few seconds before I looked down in embarrassment. Shouldn't he hate me? Considering he just found out Alex is the guy who his ex-girlfriend cheated on with. To be quite honest, I did notice a change in Jack on stage and in reality. He liked to call Alex out on stage a lot more, and he doesn't loiter around the bus so much either. He sometimes even seems distance from reality. Not really being there.

But then again, should he hate me? I cheated on him because I caught him cheating on me first. Just considering this fact though, Jack was the only guy who didn't know I knew about the incident.

"So it's settled," Matt said loud to the entire group, pulling me back to the table. "We're going to the adventure park on the second to last free day!"

Everyone cheered and shot me a second smile. My cheeks burned and I nodded in agreement again. Adventure park? Hell yes! I'd never say no.

"Which area are we even in on the second to last day?" I questioned anyone who knew. But really just Matt because let's be honest. Half of the people here didn't even know what freaking city we were currently in. Me included.

"Around Orlando," Matt answered me and then realized what he had just said, "Oh my god! We're going to go to Disneyland!"

I laughed along with everyone about how excited Matt just got. You gotta leave this guy one thing, he fucking loves Disney. Disney movies. Disneyland. Disney Mickey Mouse. Disney fucking everything.

My phone vibrated again.

From Alex: Think we can sneak off?

I shook my head, knowing Alex was watching me.

Why does he always have to kill my mood?