‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Twenty-One

Jack's P.O.V.

“Okay.” Alex replied with his typical thinking features, “let’s start with why you love her?”

I groaned. This was more than ridiculous. Why do I love Kasey, really? Or did I not know why I love her. Maybe I didn't really love her, I just loved the idea of her. I shook my head, Alex and Kasey are not on again. Right? “Dude, it’s like an ongoing list. I love everything about her. You know this shit.”

“Like?” He completely ignored my remark that we didn’t need to go over why I want to marry her. I want to marry her because she's the love of my life.

I rolled my eyes, but Alex just looked at me desperately.

“I love the way she smiles, it like makes her eyes sparkle. Her eyes in general are amazing, the way they are the most beautiful green with that hint of blue and gold in them. It likes magically pulls me to her. And then you just can’t ignore her all together because she’s so clumsy and annoying and arrogant and she can’t cook for shit. It makes her so mad, that she’s adorable. And then there’s the weird outbursts of emotions that tend to happen at the most not expected moments. Alex I feel stupid explaining to you why I love her because I love Kaser because she’s Kaser.”

“Excuse me while I go puke.”

I boxed his shoulder. Alex and I talked about Kaser, he promised me that they wouldn't happen ever again because he just loved the idea of Kasey and took the advantage that she was his best friend. But I still hadn't talked to Kase.

“Have you found a way to tell her?”

I shook my head: “No.”

“Well, you should wrap your head around that.”

I wasn’t sure why Alex was so okay with the idea of me marrying Kaser, all I knew was that we were in New Orleans shopping for the perfect ring. I suppose we made up about the past and talked about it, but I still didn’t trust him alone with her. It always got me worried, who started it between the two? Alex is my best friend, bros before hoes, right? But I don't believe Kasey did it either, she's so innocent.

But, Kase cheated on me with my best friend, that's hardly innocent. I shook my head, I cheated on her way before she had sex with Alex, that makes me a worse person.

I shook my head again, it was behind us. Kaser was out with Gabe, as far as I knew, they wanted to go shopping for the party tonight. It wasn’t really a party; it was the Ravens football team playing against the Jets, which was a reason to go hit up a bar and party.

So I told her that I was having quality time with Alex. Which sounds weird if you were to tell anyone who’s not our friend, but is completely legit.

We were waving through the jewelries in New Orleans; did you know it wasn’t easy to find the perfect ring? We've been to six stores this morning alone. I didn't want to get the biggest diamond or the shiniest silver ring.

First up, Kase doesn't like big. Secondly, she hates the attention, which means she hates shiny. And lastly, silver plus Kasey? No way. I love her enough to find the perfect, simple ring.

And on top of that, Kaser was leaving in three and a half days.

“You know, I don’t think you should propose to her within the next two days.” Alex said lost in thought as if he could read me perfectly.

“Why?” I asked, but stopped myself, “Okay stupid question.”

“First of all, you just got her back. Don’t scare her away. She’s fragile, we both know this.”

“Yeah, plus she’ll be so far away.” My hand naturally waved through my hair, a bad habit I think the entire band had picked up throughout high school or something.

“You haven’t even really asked her out yet.”

“Maybe I’ll just look for a promise ring.”

Alex nodded as we walked into the seventh store today. As always I asked for the most precious rings they own. This time the seller was a private jeweler; he was old with gray hair and a knowing smile.

“Looking for something very special, aren’t we.”

“Yeah, she’s something very, very special.”

The man waved me to a showcase of lots of sparkling rings, “Are you thinking about getting engaged young man?”

“Yes, no. She’s so young and I know I’ll scare her with the question, even though she always tells me that she’d loved to get married. I just want her to be mine.”

The old man smiled, “What are you looking for?”

I glanced at Alex, who nodded.

“I love her, so I just want her to get a promise ring as a promised engagement. Nothing too much, gold preferably, not too sparkling, unique, antique-“ I stopped myself, “do you think you –“

“Yes,” he cut me off to my surprise. He waved me to follow him to the back of the store, “I got engaged as a young age and I had the same problem.”

On a very old shelf in the darkest corner, he pulled out a wooden box.

“Here, maybe one of these?”

I took the box from him; they were a lot better than those sparkling Tiffany rings. A lot better.

The old men showed me two more boxes and in the third box I saw it, the perfect ring for Kaser.
♠ ♠ ♠
double post because i love you :)

comment guys!

you think jack will go through with asking kase?

or do you expect alex will step between them?

or does kasey prevent him?