‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Twenty-Four

Slowly I was waking into conscious as I felt someone drawing circles on my back and arm; a slight, almost fake smile formed on my lips as I began remembering last night. I opened my eyes slowly to find Jack brightly smiling at me.

"Good morning princess."

"Hey," I whispered and he pecked my lips.

His right arm was lying beneath my head and his left arm lay protective over my waist.

"You are so beautiful all the time, but the prettiest is when you just wake up." Jack mumbled.

I lay there starring off into his eyes, slightly blushing, but feeling guilty all over.

"I'm never going to let you go again."

I looked away, instantly feeling the shot of pain, "Jack, I'm leaving in a few days."

"Oh, right." was all he managed to say.

We lay in silence. After I leave, everything will go back to how it was in the summer. Fights, cheating, lies. I will be back to my depressing life style.

"You wanna grab breakfast?" Jack asked me and I nodded.

I grabbed a tee that was big enough to look like a short dress to get out of the bunk and find clothes. Jack put on shorts and opened the curtain so I followed suit. Of course Matt was already in the back working and grinned at me as I grabbed skinny's and a clean sweater.

"Stop grinning, it might get plastered on your face like that." I hissed.

"I'm just uber-excited you guys are getting it on again."

"Ha-ha." I sarcastically laughed and vanished into the bathroom after Jack to brush my teeth and make my sex hair look a little more manageable.

Jack kissed my head and off we were to grab some breakfast in an unknown town. It was an easy routine, waking up to a new place each day, finding breakfast, chilling all day and then watching their show, going to a party and then back to sleep. Simple but exhausting.

"Here," Jack stopped us in front of a local restaurant.

It was a little coffee shop with big tables and comfortable sitting booths all around. It was neatly set and beautifully decorated in soft reds. We picked a booth in a laid off corner right at a big window to watch our surroundings. There wasn't much going on yet, probably because it was just past 10 in the morning.

"Hi, my name is Lisa, I'll be your waitress this morning. Can I get you guys anything to drink?"

"Two coffees please," Jack smiled at her, "and some separate milk and two waters, thanks."

Even though I regretted letting Jack back into my life, I smiled about how he remembered how I liked my coffee, it's the little things that can cheer me up.

"So you're leaving when we're in Miami," Jack frowned.

I nodded, unsure if I was sad that I was leaving or glad, "Yeah, I have to go back to school."

"I'll come visit on Thanksgiving and stay until Christmas."

"Jack you can't spend Thanksgiving away from your family." I sighed.

"You are family and you are important, so I'll be spending it with you."

I shook my head at him. "Alright fine."

"I don't care as long as I get to wake up with you in my arms."

"Charmer."

"It makes you hot."

I laughed as the waitress came and set two coffees and milk, and two waters in front of me. She asked for our orders, which made me realize that I haven't even decided yet so I skimmed the menu. But before I could even say my order, she had already left.

"I didn't even get to order," I fake whined.

"She'll be back," Jack smiled.

I nodded and picked what I would order, Jack on the other hand didn't once look at the menu; instead he just held my eyes.

Was I still going to go through with my plan of cutting myself off from everyone? Leave and never come back, even though Jack and I had made up? Did we really make up or was this just a few-nights thing?

"What's wrong?" I asked, sensing the sadness in his face.

"It's like I just got you back and then you're off again."

"So we are back together?" I asked, slightly disappointed that that was all. No game, no questions, no anything, just, like, that.

"I need you," his smile widens as he knew he was getting somewhere with me. I quirked an eyebrow challengingly, "you said that ‘I deserve a girl that will be there for me before I even ask; a girl that will not be put off by my double entendres and sexual innuendos; a girl that understands me and loves me for who I am and doesn’t care about who I’m not; a girl that needs me more than I need her and that knows it’. " He quoted me flawlessly and I felt my heart swell into my throat. "Kaser, that's you."

In that moment the waitress arrived at our table and placed a big breakfast in front of us, containing all of my favorite things, toast, pancakes, strawberry sauces, chocolate syrup, hot chocolate, cereal of all kinds, fresh milk, orange juice, bacon, eggs, ham and everything else you could imagine.

"And maybe," Jack ignored the waitress and just took my hand in his, "it took me a very long time and obstacles to realize what you mean to me, I learned that my world without you is just as cookies without chocolate or you without your obsession with shopping, marshmallows not in my mouth, a peanut butter sandwich without the jelly-"

I was in awe and shock at the same time. Jack never ceased to make me wonder.

"I love you very much and I don't care how far we are apart, you have my heart with you at all times."

And just like that, I let him, an always cheating rockstar, back into my already complicated, filled with lies, life.

Hooray!
♠ ♠ ♠
You think she'll stay with Jack?