‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter Eight

“We don’t play tonight, but we’re set up for tomorrow.” Alex explained while we sat at Chili’s.

“Which means…?” Our food arrived. He had ordered a burger and I was eating a salad.

“Which means that we party tonight and are free until tomorrow night.”

“Yay!” I cheered sarcastically.

“They all love you, promise, and Kase– we’ll take care of him.”

“I don’t want him to go out of his way for me.”

“He isn’t forced to.”

“Sort of.”

“Kasey,” Alex sighed.

“Fine, fine, I’ll go.”

“Thank you.”

I rolled my eyes. I suppose the party won’t be too bad. Well, if him and I won’t get too awkward. God, why did I ever break his heart?

“So who’s on tour again?” I asked for the third time in the past twenty-four hours.

Alex cracked a smile: “Where are you with your mind when I tell you these things?”

“I was…” nervous about seeing him again? “Sleepy and probably zoned out all the times.”

“You were thinking about how he would act.”

“No,” I lied and crossed my arms.

“Yes.”

“No.”

“I love you.”

“Don’t sweet talk me.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

“Fine yes, I was worried about seeing him.”

Alex cracked a smile; “You’re so cute when you’re mad.”

“Not as cute as when you sleep naked next to me.”

His smile faded: “I hate you.”

“Mmh.” I rolled my eyes and smiled, “Now spill.”

“Cobra Starship and Good Charlotte,” Alex replied, “Do you think Jack knows?”

“I don’t know,” I thought about when I had first met Alex, “we clicked instantly you know? I don’t think Jack is suspecting it between us.”

Alex nodded, “I’m going to get you two to talk.”

I rolled my eyes. Jack obviously doesn’t want to talk to me. We finished off and Alex paid for me, I stopped trying to pay myself because even when I did, the money always ended up back in my wallet on one way or another.

We quietly walked back towards the venue when suddenly three girls spotted Alex.

“ALEEX!” They screeched and caused me to skip a beat. I have never been caught with any of All Time Low by fans and I had liked that.

“Chill,” Alex whispered in my ear and squeezed my hand before approaching the girls, “Hey, what’s up?”

“We arrived here today to see you guys play tomorrow!” One of the girls smiled, “Can I have a picture?”

“Sure, Kasey would you mind taking a picture?” Alex turned to me, using this as an opportunity to let go of my hand.

“No, of course not,” I answered with a smile and an uneasy voice.

I took the camera and took a few pictures of them; they ended up being very nice and not too pushy. Talking to Alex a little and wanting to pet Baz.

“Are you Jack’s Kasey?” One of the girls’ suddenly asked me.

Alex froze just as I did and mouthed a ‘yes, friend’ to me as the three girls’ attention was on me.

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I’m uhh a friend of Jack.”

“So are you two still going out?”

“No,” I laughed with a smile, “we’re just really good friends, just like Alex and I.”

“It was nice meeting you all,” Alex piped in, “we’ll, well I’ll see you three tomorrow.”

He high-fived and hugged them one last time before we started walking back.

I let out a sigh, “People know who I am?”

“Yes,” Alex chuckled, “there’s pictures of you on twitter, facebook and such as well as probably one or two pictures of you and Jack. It’s always like that.”

“I’ve never actually noticed,” I shook my head.

“Probably because usually we don’t stalk our fans like our fans stalk us. The internet is a dangerous thing,” Alex chuckled, “Don’t worry, as of now I know there’s a page dedicated to you and Jack.”

I choked: “There’s what?”

“A fan page or forum or whatever to keep you and Jack together, really. Or to get you together really since I guess they suspect you two to be going out but they really don't know.”

“So weird,” I stated as we approached the venue, how have I missed this?

Alex nodded and pulled me onto the bus. Rian was watching TV, the crew was apparently out to eat and Zack was working out. Jack was M.I.A., which I thought was better at the moment.

Baz jumped up to one of the couches and laid down.

“Rian,” Alex let me sit at the booth, “show Kasey the page.”

“The dedicated page?”

Alex nodded and Rian got up and sat down next to me.

“I’m going to catch some sleep,” Alex vanished as Rian pulled up a tumblr page.

I used to have a tumblr before I met Jack, but I deleted it, as I saw no point of it anymore. The page was filled with pictures of me, old and newer pictures. Pictures of Alex and me, Rian and me, Zack and me, and lots of Jack and I. There were pictures of me with crewmembers and other 'normal' friends.

“Don’t worry,” Rian smiled at me, “we usually contact fan pages like these and make sure shit doesn’t get out of hand, it hasn’t yet.”

I only nodded. If there was a page dedicated to me, there were people out there who liked and disliked me. Did they know everything about me?

“Plus they usually don’t know everything about you, there’re a lot of people out there who respect someone’s private life. They know you’re pictures, but they don’t know your entire life.”

“This is scary,” I finally said after a long time of silence and many pages of pictures with me.

“You get used to it,” Rian smiled, “I promise. Plus Jack has always made sure nothing too personal gets leaked. Oh…”

“It’s okay,” I replied.

We didn’t keep looking at the pages for much longer, but rather started to google and youtube stupid shit. I missed Rian; I missed them all.

When Rian left, I pulled up the tumblr page again and began scrolling through old memories. It was weird remembering everything I’ve been through with Jack, well and what is included to being Jack’s girlfriend.

I stopped at a picture of Jack and I; it was when he had first officially asked me out in Florida right in front of the Hogwarts Castle in Disney Land.

I missed him most.