Status: active if commented

Good Times Never Seem So Good

Chapter Ten

“Oh, okay Puck. Go ahead,” Mr. Schue said, stepping to the side. Noah walked to the front of the room and stood nervously in front of everyone. He smiled at me as he started strumming on the guitar held in his hands. I knew exactly what song he was playing and I was so close to slamming my palm against my forehead.

Noah: We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue


He stared at me the whole time he was singing. He grinned widely, knowing that I understood the meaning of his song choice. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Santana looking over at me with a disgusted look on her face. It’s not my fault he’s singing about my body! It’s not like I asked him to sing to me. I normally don’t like people sing to me. But I think I could learn to love it. Just like I’m learning to love that mohawk.

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body is a wonderland

Something 'bout the way the hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it

You want love?
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body Is a wonderland

Damn baby
You frustrate me
I know you're mine all mine all mine
But you look so good it hurts sometimes

Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonderland


After Noah finished the song, he set down his guitar and smiled. Me on the other hand, I was covering my face out of embarrassment. He pretty much just told the whole class we had sex. And that wasn’t exactly the way I wanted to break the news to Mercedes.

“What the hell-?” Mercedes started to say.

“That was a very…interesting song choice, Puck,” Mr. Schue said, pulling everyone’s attention back to him. “Good job though.”

“Thanks. It took me all day to pick that song,” he grinned. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say he was proud of himself.

I didn’t know if I should be flattered, or embarrassed. I mean, my sex life was shared with the entire Glee club. But the fact that Noah sang it says something. I’d never expect him to sing something so…sensual. I only expected him to do it, not sing it.

“Well since you’re done, let’s get this meeting started,” Mr. Schue said as everyone still sat in shock.

“I’m just gonna leave, since I’m not really a part of this,” I said, slowly standing up and heading for the door. Noah stood up and chased after me. We walked out of the room together, then he grabbed my arm, stopping me.

“What did you think?” he asked.

“What was that? That’s what you forced me here for? Of all songs, you had to pick that one?”

“What was wrong with it? I thought it described how I felt,” he said.

“That was embarrassing!”

“How? You know, that took my all day to pick out. I skipped most of my classes going through my iPod in the auditorium.” That was supposed to impress me?

“Well, you pretty much told the whole damn Glee club that we had sex. Mercedes is going to kill me!”

“Well, I thought it was nice of me.”

“Of course.”

“Just shut up and enjoy it. I might not ever sing to you again, so you might as well enjoy it while you can, New York,” he said.

“New York? Is that your nickname for me, now?” Noah just stared down at me and laughed. He threw his arm over my shoulder and pushed me along.

“Let’s go back to your place,” he said. We walked back out to the parking lot and to my car. I asked about his car, but he said not to worry about. So I drove back to my house. As I drove, I noticed Noah looking over at me almost every ten seconds. I smiled to myself as he tapped on his knees to the beat of the radio. God, he was so cute. I loved how he acted like a little kid sometimes; it was such an adorable trait of his. But for some reason, I felt like I was the only one to ever witness this mysterious behavior.

I pulled into my driveway and got out of the car. My dad’s car wasn’t in the driveway, so me and Noah had the house to ourselves. I could see just how ecstatic Noah was right now; lust was present in his hazel eyes.

He pulled me by my arm, bringing me closer to his strong body. He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me tight. Just as he was leaning down to kiss my waiting lips, a car pulled into the driveway and the driver was pounding on their horn like no tomorrow. I stepped away from Noah, and looked inside of the car.

“Where’s the lightning? Because here comes the chocolate thunder,” Noah joked. I looked back at him like he was a total idiot but then turned back to the car.

“What are you doing?” I asked Mercedes as she stepped out of her car.

“I could ask you the same thing,” she said, attitude dripping from every letter that left her mouth.

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean, is did you sleep with him?”

“What’s it matter? She’s a grown up, she can do what she wants,” Noah intervened.

“Stay out of this Puckerman! We don’t need a repeat of last year!”

“What happened last year?” I asked.

“It doesn’t matter,” Noah replied defensively. I figured, or hoped, that he would tell me if it were that important.

“No, what matters is Brooklyn. It’s my job to protect her,” Mercedes claimed. This is a total first; no one has ever fought over me. And I have to admit, I like it.

“Well you don’t have to worry about that, I’ve got it covered,” Noah argued.

“You? Protect her? Ha!”

“Guys! Just stop!” I screamed. “I have neighbors, you know. And I don’t need a beat down in my driveway.”

I was afraid I’d have to step between them and hold them away from each other, but I’m glad it didn’t get to that point. Just imagine that, little me standing between a football player and a diva. I’d hate to see either of them when they were mad. It could be dangerous.

“So is that all you came here for, to ask about what we did?” I asked Mercedes. Both Noah and Mercedes had calmed down from their small episode.

“Well I didn’t think Puck sang that song for no reason,” she said.

“I’m a man of many words,” he said. Mercedes rolled her eyes and turned away from Noah.

“Boy, you crack me up. But I’m out, I’ve got better things to do than listen to this man of many words,” she said, quietly laughing to herself, not because what she said was funny, but the joke that Noah claimed to be.

“Alright, bye.” She pulled me into a close hug as she said her goodbyes. When she was real close to me, she whispered “Be careful” in my ear. After she left, Noah and I went into my house and sat on my couch. And then we made out for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your Body is a Wonderland - John Mayer.

The reason for that song choice...well I was going through my ipod and that song came up. So I thought, that sounds perfect. I don't know of too many songs that would've fit that description. But tell me if you do. As always, comments are appreciated.