Status: active if commented

Good Times Never Seem So Good

Chapter Four

Noah reminded me multiple times throughout the day that he was giving me a ride home. And ignoring all requests to watch the football team run back and forth on the field, I stayed inside and became familiar with everything the school had to offer; in other words, I just walked around aimlessly. I discovered the gym and the locker rooms, all of the science rooms and the auditorium. The hall ways were empty so I knew no one was going to stop me and question my destination or motivation.

Stopping in the dark auditorium, I sat in one of the seats. I had half an hour to kill and I’d already been around the whole school. I was looking at the stage, kind of spacing out. Then I realized that there was a piano sitting in the corner. I’ve played piano for ten years now. It was always something I enjoyed, but I haven't actually played in awhile. I didn’t see anyone there, so I walked up to the stage and sat at the bench. Since I hadn't played for a few months, I let my fingers wander around the keys to warm up and get acquainted with each individual key.

I played a few notes before playing an actual melody. I hadn’t really practiced the song, but I decided this would be the perfect opportunity because no one was around. I really loved the song so I decided to make my own version.

My mama told me when I was young
we are all born superstars.
She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on
in the glass of her boudoir.

There’s nothing wrong with loving who you are
she said cause it made you perfect babe.
So hold your head up, girl and you’ll go far
listen to me when I say

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Oh there ain't no other way
Baby I was born this way
Baby I was born this way
Oh there ain't no other way
Baby I was born-
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Give yourself prudence
and love your friends
Subway kid, rejoice the truth

In the religion of the insecure
I must be myself, respect my youth

A different lover is not a sin
Believe capital H-I-M, Hey hey hey
I love my life, I love this record and
Mi amore vole fe yah

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't be a drag, just be a queen
Whether you're broke or evergreen
You're black, white, beige, chola descent
You're Lebanese, you're orient
Whether life's disabilities
Left you outcast, bullied, or teased
Rejoice and love yourself today
'cause baby you were born this way

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way


When I finished the last note, I heard clapping coming from the back of the auditorium. I tried to make out the body that walked towards me. I was slightly embarrassed that someone heard me, because I knew I didn’t sound my best.

“That was awesome,” a familiar voice called from the center walkway. As he walked into one of the spotlights, I could see a fully dressed Noah. He was no longer wearing his football uniform, but black jeans and a fitted gray tee.

One of my hands flew up to my face to cover my embarrassment.

“Can’t say I’m much of a Lady Gaga fan, but you did an amazing job at covering her song,” he added.

“How long were you there? I thought you’d still be at practice” I asked.

“We got out early, but I was there long enough to see that you really need to join Glee.”

“Well that’s not happening,” I said, shutting that thing over the keys. I didn’t know the parts of a piano, so I just called everything a ‘thing.’

“Why? You have an amazing voice, Brooklyn!” he exclaimed, jumping up on stage.

“I’m not a singer, Noah,” I argued.

“Then what are you?”

“I don’t know. I’m a writer, I write things,” I answered.

“Well you should be a singer,” he rebutted.

“Sorry, I’m not joining Glee club.”

“What do I have to do to convince you?” He stood there with his arms crossed and a look of determination.

“Everything you’ve got.”

“Well I better start now. Come on, I’ll take you home,” he said, motioning his head towards the doors. I stood up from the bench and walked along with Noah. He pushed the door open and let me go through first. As we walked through the halls, Noah gave me many reasons why Glee club rose above the rest. I had to stop him before he got too carried away. He wanted to convince me that it was fun.

“This all coming from a guy who was going to throw a slushie at me on my first day,” I emphasized. Noah just looked at me with an innocent face, trying to tell me it was all for fun. “Plus, Mercedes told me that all the Glee kids get slushied. I don’t want to be on that list.”

“Give it a week and you’ll be begging,” he insisted.

“Begging for what? A slushie to the face? I don’t think so,” I laughed.

“I can give you something else to the face,” he said suggestively.

“That’s disgusting, Noah. I can’t believe I even agreed to letting you take me home.”

“I’m just kidding. But you know you’d love it.”

“No, I don’t think so,” I said, knowing that a comment like that would probably damage his ego.

We made it to his truck, which was actually nicer than I was expecting. Though when I opened the door, that was a different story. I knew I spoke too soon. There was trash everywhere. I brushed off some of the paper and candy wrappers off of the seat and sat down. I was careful of what I touched because I didn’t know what diseases could be lurking around.

“Nice car,” I said.

“Thanks,” he said with that cute smile that I came to love already. “Alright, where to?” he asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

“Go left here,” I responded. I directed him to my house, which was only five minutes away if you drove like Noah. Any normal person would get there in ten. I assumed he was just trying to impress me, but in reality I was scared for my life. Thankfully, I was wearing my seatbelt.

We pulled up to my place, a two story, brick house. I opened the door and threw my bag over my shoulder.

“Thanks for the ride Noah,” I said, starting to close the door.

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?” I wasn’t planning on it, but since he asked so nicely…

“Um, would you like to come in?”

“Yes I would,” he said with a huge grin. I rolled my eyes and shut the passenger door. Noah shut off the engine and jumped out. He followed me to the back door as I explained I only had a key for the back door. He commented on our pool, saying he’d clean it for free, if he could see me in a bikini. I declined his offer, but secretly, I wouldn’t mind seeing him clean my pool, shirtless.

“Nice,” Noah commented, as we walked through my house. I noticed that my dad wasn’t home yet, which wasn’t surprising. I trudged up the steps and down the hall to my room. I swung open the door and threw my bag on the floor. Noah was close behind me, looking at his new surroundings.

“Well, what do you want to do?” I asked, plopping down on my bed. He fell down beside me, bouncing as he sat.

“Wanna make out?”
♠ ♠ ♠
"Born This Way" - Lady Gaga

Thumbs up for Puck being Puck!

I'm happy that I now have four subscribers. I need more though!! Comments are very much apprecitated!