Status: active if commented

Good Times Never Seem So Good

Chapter Eight

“And he said, ‘I don’t know.’”

“What do you mean he said, 'I don’t know.” Mercedes questioned. I was telling her about how I spent the day with Noah. After he said the now even more confusing sentence, the day went by pretty normal. We just watched TV and when he got hungry, I offered to make the soup for him. He forced me to eat the other can; he didn’t shut up until I did. No studying for the Spanish test took place, mostly because Finn told us that there was going to be a substitute and the test would be put off for another day. Eventually, I did have to leave before my dad got home. I didn’t want there to be any chance that he found out I skipped school.

“He just said it. I don’t know what it meant. I mean, what can I don’t know mean?

“I don’t know. It could mean a lot.”

“Yeah, but what exactly?”

“I don’t know, girl. This is tough. Puck is not a sweet guy. He definitely wouldn’t get all sensitive and jealous over anything. This is beyond me, I think we need to call in other forces.” And with that, Mercedes grabbed her phone, dialed a number and ordered the other person to get over here, immediately.

“Who’d you call?”

“You’ll see?”

In ten minutes, there was a knock at the door. Mercedes and I rushed down to greet the visitor. A smaller, obviously gay boy was standing in the doorway with a smile on his face. Mercedes and the boy hugged quickly, and then after they pulled away, the boy stared at me, well mostly my outfit. He seemed to approve of my Marc Jacobs sweater.

“Brooklyn, this is Kurt. Kurt, this is Brooklyn,” Mercedes introduced.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” I said.

“Hello. I admire your sweater,” he said casually.

“Oh, thanks,” I said, tugging at the bottom.

“So what’s going on?” he asked.

“We have a situation.” Mercedes explained the whole ‘situation’ to Kurt, not forgetting a single detail. As he sat there taking in all of the information, his hand effortlessly pushed his hair to the side, which I thought was kind of adorable yet very proper.

“Wow, that is very…different for Puck.”

“So what should I do?”

“It’s simple; leave it be for awhile, see if he’s really interested in you. That way, you won’t rush into it and come out broken hearted,” Kurt advised. I can tell why Mercedes invited him over; he knew what he was talking about.

“I guess that makes sense, but he’s so irresistible. If he takes off his shirt, I might just melt,” I said. And that’s exactly what he did...

Noah came over to my house the next night to actually study for the Spanish test. He had brought his guitar to try to get me to sing again, which was successful, I sang with him.

Noah: I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see
Painted faces fill the places I can't reach
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody


“Sing the next part,” he persuaded.

Me: Someone like you and all you know and how you speak
Countless lovers under cover of the street
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you


Noah: Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep
Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat
I hope it's gonna make you notice
I hope it's gonna make you notice

Someone like me, someone like me
Someone like me, somebody


Me: I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now


Noah and Me: Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody


“Okay, can we seriously study now?” I requested, standing up from my bed.

“I don’t know why it’s so hard for you to join Glee. You sing in front of me,” he said.

“That’s different. Put your guitar away,” I demanded.

“It’s not different. If you want, I’ll play guitar with you when you audition,” he offered.

“No. Now will you concentrate on Spanish?”

“Fine.” I grabbed my Spanish book and my folder with all of my notes. I spread them over my bed and sat with my legs crossed. Then, I tested him on his knowledge of certain vocabulary words that we needed to know for the quiz. He reluctantly spoke the answers, bored with studying. I took it he didn’t study often.

Then, suddenly, he sat up and did the unthinkable; he took off his shirt. Oh sweet Jesus. My heart was pounding inside of my chest and I’m pretty sure he could hear it. I looked away quickly. I couldn’t make it obvious that I was actually staring at his gorgeous chest: his perfectly defined pecks and abs. I was in heaven, if that was even possible. It felt like it anyway. But every time my eyes floated to his naked stomach, I pulled them away and repeated some irrelevant Spanish word.

“What…what are you doing?” I asked, shakily.

“Taking off my shirt.”

“If that makes you feel better,” I said.

“It’s okay if you want to look, I don’t mind,” he said, displaying his charm. Since he offered, I accepted. I will admit that I stared that his chest. But then I looked away. I decided to practice self-discipline. But I couldn’t stop looking at him.

He swept a strand of hair out of my face and ran his hand through my long hair. He stopped and rested his hand on the back of my head, right above my neck. He stared into my eyes, leaning closer and closer, slowly bringing me towards him. That was it, I melted. I allowed him to bring my face within inches of his own.

I felt his lips on mine, they were warm and soft. Blood rushed through my body, going faster with every heartbeat. He laid me down softly, gently crawling on top of me. Everything was happening so fast, but I wanted it to happen. I had been waiting for this moment, but at the same time, I told myself I wasn’t going to do it. But we went all the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon

Okay, even though I only got one comment last time, I felt like updating and gave you guys something good so that maybe you would actually comment.