Status: Indefinite hiatus.

Winged Desire

Where I belong.

-Shain-

My flight got in around midnight and after collecting my luggage, I quickly flagged down a cab to take me to the tour bus. Throughout the drive, I played with the hem of my jeans, my nervous habit. It seemed that with every passing minute I became more and more nervous, and by the time we arrived in front of a tour bus, I was a big bundle of nerves.

I paid the cabby and let him help me get my luggage out of the trunk, letting my hair cover the left side of my face after catching him staring at the brutal markings. We set the luggage down beside the door and after a final farewell, an awkward one at that, the cabby was on his way and I was left debating on whether to go inside or book it while I still had the chance.

I had no idea what was going to happen once I knocked on the metal door, and maybe that’s what was stopping me. Maybe it was just my self- consciousness that was keeping me instead. No matter why, I knew that if I didn’t hurry up and make a decision, my fingers and toes would go blue and fall off soon in this cold weather.

Gathering my courage, I heaved a great sigh and raised my hand to knock, but before my hand could fall against the metal a call interrupted me.

“Can I help you?” said the voice.

I spun around and the sight froze me like a deer in headlights. The man before me was swaggering over to me until he was completely under the light coming from the tour bus windows. He seemed to pause and take me in for a minute, so I decided to take advantage and do the same.

He had long, dark brown hair and his cheeks were tinged red from the cold. The stranger was just over 6’ and had bright blue eyes. There were slight bags under his eyes, but his eyes were lit up, something that looked so natural it could only be a daily occurrence. His nose looked as if it had been broken at least once, with its slightly crooked slope and light brown freckles speckled over it.

“Can I help you?” He asked again.

“Uh, yes. I- I’m looking fo-for Joey.” I stuttered, my breath fogging out before me in the cool morning frost.

“Joey? He should be just inside. I’ll get him for you.” He gripped the door handle. “What’s your name?”

“It’s Shain.” Something about this guy made my stomach twist in knots, and that was not something I necessarily wanted.

He grinned. “Shain, eh? It suits you.” I blushed a deep red and hoped he hadn’t notice as he opened the tour bus door. “Well, Shain, I’m Leo.”

I smiled as he stepped into the warmth of the bus, flashing me a smile before walking off in search of my brother. Again, I twiddled with the hem of my jeans and gnawed on my bottom lip.

There was a scuffling inside and some banging before a familiar voice yelped, “Shain?”

I chuckled along with Leo as Joey stumbled out of the tour bus, half-drunk. He engulfed me in one of his famous bear hugs that I had missed since our father’s funeral. I breathed in his Old Spice cologne with a hint of alcohol that clung to his skin.

“I’ve missed you Shain! How are you?” Joey kissed my forehead before pulling away.

I sighed. “I’ve been better. You know how it is. I was feeling awfully lonely before you called.”

Joey’s mouth spread into a wide grin. “Well, I am sure glad to see you. I had no one else to tease for their weird eating habits.”

I smiled. “So tell me, what happened to Danny now? I mean, last summer he broke his nose falling out of a tree, and the summer before that his toe, after kicking a fire hydrant when you were playing tag. What could it be now?”

Joey chuckled, shaking his head. “You’ll never guess. We were having a go- kart race and the idiot runs into a freakin’ tree.”

“That sure does sound like the Joey I know!” I laughed.

Leo cleared his voice from his spot in the door way. I didn’t even know that he was standing there the whole time. “So, uh, how do you two know each other?”

Joey pulled me into his side and I ducked my head. “This little doll is my sister. I know, hard to believe isn’t it?”

“Oh stop,” I mumble, kicking a pebble at my feet, suddenly feeling really self-conscious.

“She’s also the new driver. Studying fashion, she is. I couldn’t be any prouder of her,” Joey boasted.

I cleared my throat, a blush, again, gracing my cheeks. “Where’s Danny? I haven’t seen my favourite cousin in forever!”

“I’m your only cousin, sweetheart!” A voice called from inside the bus. Obviously someone had been listening to our conversation.

I snorted. “Like that matters to you, Daniel!”

Joey rolled his eyes at our bickering and grabbed my hand. He led me into the bus and took me to Danny. My older cousin was sprawled out on a sofa with a casted leg propped on a dirty coffee table. Danny opened his arms to me and I gladly stepped into them, where I belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it sucks, but it's an update.
I am soo sorrry for not updating.
And for my one subscriber, thannk you!
And please drop a comment with some feedback?
It might get these updates out faster :P
xoxo-- Paige