Status: Active.

A Hundred Years Without Knowing You

Gravity.

The best possible way I could explain Maher Akhtar would have to be a gravitational pull. It pulls you in. Big events pull you in, and whether I liked it or not Maher Akhtar was a big event. It wasn’t something I could control, because he was like an inescapable black hole. I hadn't accepted it, but I knew it was true; every part of me knew it was true and I hated that.

Of course an answer like that wouldn’t go over well when Aliyah eventually asked me how he found us. I would have to come up with something believable, something she wouldn’t see right through, but Aliyah saw through everything. It was only a matter of time, and I had just been reminded that time was fleeting.

“I don’t know, I use to know him.”

“You use to know him?” She was over-analyzing my every word and her constant need to repeat things while she did it was something I had grown accustomed to. "He's your best friend, Liv!"

"No, you are."

"LIV!"

“I use to know him, but I don’t anymore. The end.”

“Sounds like the young and the restless to me…” A smile was playing on the edge of her lips and I knew it would only be a few more seconds before her need to be my best friend overcame her desire to treat me like an outpatient.

“Come on, Babe, talk to me.” She rested an elbow on the imitation marble of our island.

“There’s really nothing to talk about.” I must have been a terrible liar, because I was never able to lie to Aliyah.

“Okay.”

She knew I was lying, but she let me off the hook, because she knew I wasn’t ready. I however, would never admit to that fact. I swear, sometimes my pride could eat me alive.

“Okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“I love you, Babe.”

Aliyah really did love me, because she knew when to pry and when to disappear. Of course I would tell her eventually, because I always told Aliyah everything, but for the moment I wanted to keep my secrets my own. She understood that.

“I love you too.”

Maher was a drug, and a highly addictive one at that. I had been clean for five years and I had no intention of relapsing, but no one ever anticipates a relapse. That’s why they call it an addiction.

"Good to know old habits never die." I turned, frightened by the sound of the deep, husky voice.

Puzzled, I turned to the two men standing no more then five feet away; I recognized Maher, but, who was this other male?

"Getting your agent to back you up, Akhtar?" I asked, folding my arms.

He laughed, throwing his head back, revealing his long, tan neck. "Agent? Thank you for the 'compliment', but I'm not his agent."

"Uh.."

"Olivia, remember Snowman? Snow? The one you and Aliyah constantly came up with nicknames for, just so no one would get it, but they did anyways." Maher looked down at me, his dark eyes heavy with adoration.

"Josh?"

"The one and only!"

I shook my head, "When did you become so cocky? Or start talking, for that matter."

Josh flushed, red emitting from his neck and cheeks, "After Aliyah left me at the Valentines Day dance in the eighth grade."

"Oh." I smiled, a wicked thought crossing my mind and I turned a little towards the door, "Oi! Aliyah!"

"What?"

"C'mere!"

Her short frame bounded into the kitchen, her hair pulled away from her face in a loose bun and her body covered with barley a long t-shirt.

"Maher!" She smiled, then looked down and came around the other side of the island, protecting herself. "And.. stranger!"

"Snowman." Josh corrected her.

She turned to me, "Snowman, eh?"

"It's not like you have to be rude, Aliyah." I said, waving her away.

He glance up at her, "Can we talk?"

"You talk now?" She asked, leaning on her elbows.

"Yeah, that's what I said."

She watched him for a while, the kitchen silent until she sighed and gave up, "Alright; into the living room."

Once they disappeared, I turned to Maher. "Why would you bring him?"

"He live down the street, Liv. And once he found out that Aliyah lived with you, he was desperate to see her. I owe him one."

"And what are you doing here? More importantly, how did you get in?"

"That, doesn't matter. I'm here because I wanted to tell you the reason to why I left five years ago."

I braced myself, arms folded, leaning against the island. "Shoot."

"I left, because I was moving. I didn't want to leave you, or my friends. If going to Cameron was going to prove to my mom that the IB would allow me to study anywhere in the world, she would have us move into the states—I didn't want to go. So I ran.

I bunked with Josh and his parents for a while, but when he started moping around because he messed up with Aliyah, I thought it be best if I gave him some time alone.

I went to my old brothers, stayed with him for a few years, and once I turned eighteen—along with Aliyah—I rented an apartment and lived on my own.

But, the only reason I ever left without a goodbye was because my feelings for you never faded, and I was stupid enough to think that you wouldn't care—that if I pushed you away, you'd forget me and not mind that I was gone. I thought it'd be healthier for you—"

A happy laughed and scream stopped Maher from continuing. When the two of us bounded into the living room, neither of us were prepared for what we would see.

Both joyfully smiling, the pair on the floor were kissing, radiating the adoration they felt so long ago. "It's about damn time," I muttered quietly, smiling.

"And, I've always wanted my feelings for you to turn out like this," He said, inclining his head towards the happy pair on the floor. "I've always wanted more then what I wanted."

Before I had time to comprehend anything, Maher had twisted me around to face him, and he cupped my chin lightly, "I will always love you, Olivia Richmond." With that, he pressed his lips to mine, an electrifying spark caused my spine to shiver, and I found myself closer to him in more ways then I could imagine.

YEARS LATER

Two years ago, I had happily said, "I do." Claiming to be Mrs. Maher Akhtar, while Aliyah and Josh sat front row, already happily married with a baby; Dimitri.

I was now with child, while Aliyah was joyfully carrying her second and third (Yeah, what a complete shock that was for Josh; we;re talking twins.) and Josh and Maher were closer friends, both happy to get what they wanted.

Mr Akhtar and Mrs Akhtar.
Keegan James Akhtar.

Mr. Snow and Mrs. Snow.
Dimitri Martin Snow.
Caleb Victor Snow.
Annabelle Sky Snow.

♠ ♠ ♠
ha. Well, that was fun. (: